Books I Loathed discussion

Loathed Authors > Thomas Friedman

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Crystal Allen We have the daughter of one of our employees working in our office this week. She wrote the below review of the book The Mysterious Adventures of Pauline Bovary [http://www.goodreads.com/search/searc...] by Edeet Ravel after reading the book and loving it so I thought I would share it with you all. Enjoy!

"The Mysterious Adventures of Pauline Bovary

The Mysterious Adventures of Pauline Bovary is the second book in the series: Pauline, btw (by the way), by Edeet Ravel. It is set in Canada and follows the life of a fourteen-year-old author named Pauline. Her friends and family, her ups and her downs, are a rare burst of real life for anyone. It is filled with funny remarks, odd characters, and situations that everyone has to go through sooner or later. I think Pauline would bring a smile to anyone's face who's just looking for a truthful book. It also has advice if you want to become an author. All in all, it's a great book!!! I'm looking forward to the third amazing Pauline adventure. The author clearly understands what it's like to be a teenager without being stereotypical. A series I would recommend to All my friends.

-Review by: Valerie, age 11"

message 2: by Zach (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Zach (zachmarko) | 1 comments I think this more or less sums it up...

http://www.nypress.com/18/16/news&...

message 3: by Donster (new)

Donster Yes, that review sums it up nicely indeed. I tried to read The World is Flat after a friend loaned it to me. I'm proud to say I returned it the next day after reading about 35 pages, but Friedman is so repetitive it's possible I got the gist of the whole book.
In any case, it's the lowest form of pop culture trash. No wonder it sold millions of copies. It's probably required reading for corporate middle-management and undergrad business school types.