What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Time Travel, Woman Traveler, Mona Lisa Painting Key Gold circlet worn on the Head [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Bushnell | 5 comments I am looking for a book I listened to in the 1990s. The main character a woman travels back in time and the key to the time travel machine was the gold circlet you see on the Mona Lisa in fact it is she that is being painted. I thought the cover showed that. Somehow there is a knight from the past that comes forward in time to be with her temporarily and at the end she meets someone that looks like him on a plane.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39847 comments Mod
Vicki, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Bushnell | 5 comments Yes, do you recognize the storyline?

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5052 comments Vicki, was this a romance, high fantasy, comedy, etc?
Do you remember the villain/struggle/conflict of the story?

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Bushnell | 5 comments Science fiction and romance. Not a bodic ripper, but the relationship between the knight and the woman was in there. The main story was about the time machine and the rilelry between this woman and the other scientist that worked on the time machine. The Mona Lisa tie in was very clever. The little crown/headband thing was a critical piece of the time machine.

message 6: by Kris (last edited Nov 23, 2014 11:00AM) (new)

Kris | 35698 comments Mod
At first glance, A Twist In Time by Susan Squires looked promising, but it was first published in 2010.

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Bushnell | 5 comments Thank you. I will take a look next time I am at the library. I thought I had read it a lot longer ago than that but the story line sound right.

message 8: by Kris (last edited Nov 23, 2014 03:26PM) (new)

Kris | 35698 comments Mod
You're welcome. By the way, Google has a longer preview (30 pages) than Amazon.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=Y-oVH...

message 9: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 245 comments The thing about the plane is definitely at the end of Jude Deveraux's A Knight in Shining Armor.

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Bushnell | 5 comments Ok, it appears I had combined the two stories in my mind (which by the way made for a really good story). You were both right which is amazing. It was the combining of A Twist in Time and A Knight in Shining Armor. Thank you both for solving the mystery. No wonder I could not find the book!