Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Need a Book Added to My Author Profile

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Kaufman (stephenfkaufman) | 2 comments I need to have this important book title added to my author profile: Musashi's Book of Five Rings ISBN 0804835209. It is my best seller and should be listed near the top. I have not been able to figure out how to add it. Thank you for your assistance.

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Hi Stephen,

Your book is already on Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

And it already shows on your author page at the top of your works. However, because you are the translator of that book and not the primary author, you have no control over which edition is the default (primary) edition. Consequently, the cover of the edition that has been shelved by the most readers on Goodreads is what shows on your author profile, even though you did not translate that edition.

I am unsure how to change this, or even if it should be changed given Goodreads policy. Rivka or someone else want to weigh in?

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Nov 18, 2013 02:36PM) (new)

rivka | 42428 comments Mod
Actually, if the primary author is listed correctly (as it is now), the right edition will show up.

Edit: on the author's list of books, but not on the author page itself. That page preferentially shows books for which the author is primary, so not translations by the author.

message 4: by Alastair (new)

Alastair Iain Ross | 4 comments Please would you add my book 'A joy to serve the company' to my author profile (Alastair Ross - only showing my book 'Dynamic factory automation' against my author name at the moment)?

Thanks for your help.

Alastair Ross

message 5: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Looks like somebody fixed 4

message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Both books are on your author page now -- it was under another Alastair Ross; your name is given 2 spaces (Alastair^^Ross) to differentiate.

message 7: by Alastair (new)

Alastair Iain Ross | 4 comments Thank you for your prompt help Abcdarian.

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Kaufman (stephenfkaufman) | 2 comments Z-squared wrote: "Hi Stephen,

Your book is already on Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

And it already shows on your author page at the top of your works. Ho..."

Thanks for all your help. Looks better now!