Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > To Middle Grade Authors

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by V.K. (new)

V.K. Finnish | 66 comments I like to read middle-grade books. In fact, that's mostly all I read. And I admit that most of the books I get nowadays are through the Scholastic bookfairs at my kid's school. While I'd love to read non-Scholastic books (and my "to-read" list is overwhelmingly long), I admit that Scholastic's are the ones that get right in front of me so I HAVE to look at them, so...that's what I end up reading.

All that to say, if anyone is looking for reviews of their middle-grade book and wants to "get it right in front of me" by sending me a copy (I'll even do ebooks), I WILL REVIEW IT. If your book's already on my "to-read-mg" list, I'll get to it faster! And what's more, if I really like a book that I got for free, I always go buy a copy as well. :-)

If you'd like to see the kind of reviews I write, feel free to check out the ones I've put up on GR (that'll also give you a feel for if I'd enjoy your particular book--I'm most into anything with myth, adventure, or history). Thanks!

message 2: by William (new)

William Stuart (thegemstonechronicles) | 72 comments Hi VK! I have a MG/YA fantasy adventure series that I would love for you to review. It is called The Gemstone Chronicles series and the first book is The Carnelian. If you are interested, just let me know and I will send you a Smashwords coupon for the book!

message 3: by V.K. (new)

V.K. Finnish | 66 comments Thanks, William! I've sent you a message.

message 4: by P.S. (new)

P.S. Mokha (mokha) | 46 comments Hi VK

I've got a MG/YA series that seems to be attracting strong reviews.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

PM me with your email address and your preferred e-book format and I'll get a copy to you.

Cheers
PS Mokha

message 5: by V.K. (new)

V.K. Finnish | 66 comments Thanks, P.S.! I sent you a pm.

message 6: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle I have a fantasy-adventure that has been hard to classify as I wrote it for a pretty wide audience (my family to read out loud together). Some have called it YA, some have called it MG... you can check out the summary here: King's Warrior and if you're interested I would be happy to provide you with a review copy (kindle or pdf if you're located outside the US. Or, if you're in the States, I'm willing to ship you a paperback).

message 7: by John (new)

John Dizon | 108 comments This is John Reinhard Dizon, author of Stxeamtown, released today on Amazon...love to have you review it!

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle Jacklee | 33 comments Hi V.K.! I'd love for you to review my middle grade fantasy, The Tree of Mindala. Here is the link to it on Amazon: http://amzn.to/SNKB5p. I would, of course, be happy to provide you with a complimentary copy/file. Let me know if this sounds like something you'd be interested in. Thanks for the generous offer!

message 9: by V.K. (new)

V.K. Finnish | 66 comments Thanks Jenelle and John--I've sent you both PMs.

message 10: by V.K. (new)

V.K. Finnish | 66 comments Elle, thanks! I've messaged you.