The BURIED Book Club discussion

Susan Quist
This topic is about Susan Quist
unBURIED Authors Q-T > Susan Quist

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan "N.R." (last edited Dec 17, 2013 06:34AM) (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Enter our second "Q" author, Susan Quist. She appeared in a PW article paying tribute to Flann O'Brien :: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by... ;; and the same comes in Like-able List-form at :: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

But enough self-promotionalism. Back to Quist, who not only still draws Biological-Breath, but draws even Cyber-Breath :: http://www.susanquist.com/index.htm

And now that I even bother to finally look at her goodreads author page I see two -- I MEAN, THERE ARE ONLY TWO BOOKS FROM HER ON GOODREADS!!!!! can this be correct, or another instance of goodreads trash-data-base knowing nothing published pre-1998? One book of poetry, one forming a novel.

And I fear that Brian has already ordered the fifty=cent copy of her novel. I'll give it a shot.

message 2: by Rand (new)

Rand (iterate) | 99 comments Interesting. She has a nice voice, love the title of her poetry book.

A concern, not a quisteon: discrepancy in her surname: this thread is listed as being "Susan Quest" and the topic as being about "Susan Quist"
?

message 3: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Rand wrote: "as being "Susan Quest" and the topic as being about "Susan Quist" "

That's not Schmidt ;; that is something spilled on my keyboard. Merci.

message 4: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 209 comments She has only published two books, as she laments on her website. We should shoot her a message and get her on the GR bus.

message 5: by Zadignose (new)

Zadignose | 153 comments Wow. The website makes me want to read her books. (Is that intentional?)

message 6: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments I got my Indecent Exposure ; amazon has only three copies for reasonable prices ; abebooks has two. I expect my Review to be available sometime next week or the next.

message 7: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Nathan "N.R." wrote: " I expect my Review to be available sometime next week or the next."

For your edification, it's up there at this very moment.

Here's a (my) blurb ::

"Susan Quist's first and only novel reads like a hang-over from the sixties. Raunchy. Urgent. And at times, devastating."

message 8: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments MJ wrote: "We should shoot her a message and get her on the GR bus. "

Done.

message 9: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 209 comments Nathan "N.R." wrote: "Done."

Grrreat. Good to see Mallin Jnr also sniffing around too.

message 10: by Nate D (new)

Nate D (rockhyrax) | 354 comments Alright, alright, I just snapped up that last under-$2 copy of this one.

message 11: by Brian (new)

Brian | 2 comments Yesterday I purchased from eBay the August 1980 edition of Ms. containing her short story (I couldn't find it published anywhere else on the 'Net).

PM me if you would like a copy and as soon as it is received I will scan and send.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Indecent Exposure (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Quist (other topics)