Readers Delight discussion

Weekly Question/Discussion > Which book do you wish you had wrote? (18/11/13)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aiysha (new)

Aiysha (Aiysha_W) | 48 comments Some of us readers aspire to be writers also! We might have had a go and it didn't go well...but try agaain and don't give up. Me myself, I'm a book fanatic but when it comes to writing....well I get writer's blocks...lots of them! ;)

So my question is which book/series do you wish that you had wrote?

I'm going to be a bit naughty and choose two! I wish I had wrote 'The Morganville Vampires Series' by Rachel Caine Glass Houses or/and 'The Mortal Instruments' by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instrument Series: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass; City of Fallen Angels !

How about you?

-Aiysha

message 2: by TONIA (new)

TONIA DELLINGER (tdell76) | 2 comments I wish I would have written the V.C. Andrews books. Only the Flowers in the Attic - Ruby!!! I Think those were just the best creepy books!!!!
and Ill be naughty too. I wish I wrote The Last Apprentice series!!!
Those are some great books!!!!

message 3: by Aiysha (new)

Aiysha (Aiysha_W) | 48 comments TONIA wrote: "I wish I would have written the V.C. Andrews books. Only the Flowers in the Attic - Ruby!!! I Think those were just the best creepy books!!!!
and Ill be naughty too. I wish I wrote The Last Appren..."

Aww...they seem like good books, are you into crime stories then?

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 11 comments I know you asked this a long time ago but I never answered. I wish I wrote, "Eyes Behind Belligerence" by K.P. Kollenborn or "End of the Line" by Jim Power. They are both powerful books; the first deals with what life is like being Japaneses in America just prior to and after the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the second book is a romance about a mixed raced relationship with some historical overtones about the underground railroad. Both of these were beautifully written and leave lasting impressions. I don't think I will ever forget these two books.

message 5: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 5 comments I definitely agree about Eyes Behind Belligerence. I reviewed it at http://maskedpersona.blogspot.com/201...

Thanks for recommending The End of the Line, Susan.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 11 comments Shomeret wrote: "I definitely agree about Eyes Behind Belligerence. I reviewed it at http://maskedpersona.blogspot.com/201...

Thanks for recommending [book..."

Thank you for the link to your review. (Great review!) Sorry but I don't know how to do links like that so that is why I don't have them. Thanks for adding them.

message 7: by Shomeret (last edited Jun 14, 2014 07:18PM) (new)

Shomeret | 5 comments Susan, you can add links for books by clicking on add book/author above the text box when you're writing a post and typing in the book's title. Then you click on the title and the link will be added to your post.

To add links from the internet, you need to go to the location that you want to link and highlight the URL in your browser. Then you right click to copy it. Once it's copied you can paste it in the next post you write.

Let's say I want to copy the URL for Reader's Delight. I go to my groups in Goodreads, click on Reader's Delight, look at the top of the page and highlight the URL in the browser bar and copy it here. It's https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/.... That will take you to the main page for this group.

message 8: by Susan (last edited Jun 14, 2014 07:48PM) (new)

Susan | 11 comments Shomeret wrote: "Susan, you can add links for books by clicking on add book/author above the text box when you're writing a post and typing in the book's title. Then you click on the title and the link will be add..."

Thank you so much!

test:
http://sueinctnook.blogspot.com/2014/...

So it is done the same way as if I put it in an email!!! Thank you. BTW, I just sent you an email.

message 9: by Aiysha (new)

Aiysha (Aiysha_W) | 48 comments Susan wrote: "I know you asked this a long time ago but I never answered. I wish I wrote, "Eyes Behind Belligerence" by K.P. Kollenborn or "End of the Line" by Jim Power. They are both powerful books; the first ..."

Thank you for that, they seem fascinating...i may go read them as well. Maybe I'll get anew favourite ;)

message 10: by Misty (new)

Misty (intoreadin) Oh wow...so many amazing books with so much creativity and imagination that just boggles my mind. I am one of those readers that aspires to become a writer but find it difficult to sit and create a world outside of my own and the fact that others do it so well is sometimes a bit intimidating lol. But only makes me strive to work harder at being able to do it myself. With that being said...books I wish I'd written, The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard...wow! Such an amazing book and her writing is beyond brilliant. And though there are so many I'd gladly love to claim as my own I'll keep it short and go with one other and that would have to be The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare another brilliantly skilled wrtier.

message 11: by Tess (new)

Tess Mertens-Johnson | 5 comments Fahrenheit 451