9G 2013-14 discussion

SSR Check up

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liemberger (new)

Liemberger | 5 comments Mod
First, list the books that you have read so far this year for SSR. Indicate next to the book whether you finished it or not.

Next, list the book that you are currently reading for SSR. Indicate next to the book what page you are on and how many pages are in the book.

Finally, in a paragraph of 6-8 sentences, evaluate your experience with SSR so far this year. For example:

-Do you make sure that you always have a book to read? Is it the same book, or do you hop from book to book?
-Do you read for the full fifteen minutes every day?
-Have you started to read outside of school?
-Have you found a book that you actually enjoy reading?
-What can you do to make sure that you make the most of your SSR experience for the rest of the year?

message 2: by Emmitt (new)

Emmitt H | 5 comments The book I'm reading for ssr is the Brooklyn nine. The experience I'm having with ssr is good so far. I like the book because it teaches you lessons about life. The book also teaches you about morals in life. My favorite part in the book was when the coach told the worst player on the team to hit the last pitch of the game and even tho he lost the game he just want the kid to know to have courage in his self. I also have a little experience with some of the conflicts in this story that why I like and don't have a problem reading it. By Emmitt

message 3: by Briannah (new)

Briannah S | 6 comments I Have read 1 book For ssr So Far This year And That Was " The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian " which I finished

The Book I Am Currently Reading Is Thirteen Reasons Why, I Am On Page 3 And There Are 288 Pages

SSR Is Okay I Always Got A Book To Ready I Am Not Reading The Same Book From Sept. I Am Currently Reading Something Different. During SSR I Do Ready For The Whole 15 Mins. Only Because I Am Interested In What I Read If Not I Wouldn't Read. I Do A Little More Reading Outside Of School For Some Reason I Like To Read Now. I Have Read Books That I Enjoyed As I Said Before. I Will Continue To Read Books I Am Interested In So I Can Continue My Good Experience With SSR.

message 4: by Henry (new)

Henry L | 4 comments I have read "Son Of The Mob" and Discovering Wes Moore. Right now I'm reading "Discovering Wes Moore" and I'm at page fourty. I enjoy reading "Discovering Wes Moore" book because Wes Moore shared his childhood experience, I can relate to it to. When Wes Moore mom experienced hard times she never give up on Wes Moore. She send Wes Moore to a expensive private school, she have to multiple jobs to have enough money to pay the school. I read eveyday for fifteen minutes. I can get books that are really enjoyable to read.

message 5: by TAYLOR (new)

TAYLOR | 3 comments THE BOOK IM READING FOR SSR IS CALLED SON OF THE MOB.IM DONE THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK WAS NOT GREAT AT ALL . AND YES THIS IS THE SAME BOOK I BEEN READING THIS BOOK SINCE SEPTEMEBER. I DO READ FOR THE WHOLE 15 MINUTES. NO I DONT READ OUT OF SCHOOL. NO I HAVE NOT FOUND A BOOK THAT LIKED READING .TRY TO FIND A BOOK I REALLY LIKE READING.

message 6: by Jarredb (new)

Jarredb | 3 comments the books I read so far was do men now what they want.I have not finished my book. the one im currently reading is the same book. I am of page 100 it is 281 pages in the book. yed I have a book to read.ot the same something jump to another one. most of the time I read the whole time.no I do not read outside school. yes and no some parts I like and some I don't. I don't what I can to make it better for the rest of the year.

message 7: by Alfred (new)

Alfred Jallah | 4 comments The book i have read so far this year is spiderman. Im am currently reading Of mice and men im on page six, i just started no too long ago. Well for SSR i always have a book to read, because their always a book in my book bag. Yes its the same book, i dont go jumping from book to book. Yes i read for 15 minutes everyday but its not always book, sometimes it what i see on newspapper, and on the internet. Yes, i have started reading out of school. i did, So far Spiderman was a enjoyable book, ilove super heros book, So i foun that book very interesting. I can pick out book that i want to read and have fun reading it so that my SSR experince be good.

message 8: by Tariqm (new)

Tariqm | 4 comments I am reading Michael Jordan Legends in Sports. There are 162 pages in the book and I'm on page 155.
I make sure that you always have a book to read because I don't want to get any points took off my grade. I do for the whole fifteen minutes, but i read all care of books but my main book is Michael Jordan Legends in Sports. I start reading outside of school sometimes. I did found enjoyment reading because the books I been reading was great. I can make sure that I make the most of your SSR experience for the rest of the year by making sure that I had my book and read it everyday.

message 9: by Tyjae (new)

Tyjae H | 4 comments The book I have read for SSR recently is "The Hitch Hiker Guide To The Galaxy . The book so far is ok but it could be better. I do read this book for the 15 mins of SSR , but don't really bother to read it at home or any other place I may be. There are 159 pages and I am currently on page 70 which is chapter 11. I like this book alot and will continue reading it until its done

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael S | 3 comments The book I am currently reading is IT by Stephen king. There are 1098 pages and I'm on page 432. For SSR I always have a book because it's a grade and I like the book I am currently reading. I do it for the whole 15 minutes of SSR, I started reading outside of school sometimes because of when I get bored or because I'm interest in it. I enjoy reading the book because it is written by Stephen king and I saw the movie already but the book has more details. I could make my SSR experience better this year by having my book with me during school all the time and reading outside more than I usually do

message 11: by Nijayej (new)

Nijayej | 2 comments i have read two books this year for SSR , son of the mob and 12 envelopes. the next book i will start on Monday is called sounder by William H. Armstrong. i have not started it yet so on Monday I will be on page one . my reading experience for SSR has been okay. i always have a book for SSR, and its the same book i have been reading. if i hop back from book to book i wouldn't be able to comprehend the book. i have not started to read outside of school yet because i have not had a book that i would be really interested too. i will make sure that i always find books that i like and will catch my attention to make sure that you make the most of your SSR experience for the rest of the year.

message 12: by Chyna (new)

Chyna Andrews | 3 comments The books i read so far for SSR is
my secret diary- page 132/366
Last part first-finished
I hate SSR, but i always have a book to read. And its also the same book everyday. Sometimes i read for the whole 15 minutes, but its times that i need to get other work done, and i will use that time to do i never read outside of school reading is boring to me. I have found i book thats okay to read, its not great, and thats my secret diary. To improve my SSR time i could focus on my book!