9C 2013-14 discussion

SSR Check up

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liemberger (new)

Liemberger | 5 comments Mod
First, list the books that you have read so far this year for SSR. Indicate next to the book whether you finished it or not.

Next, list the book that you are currently reading for SSR. Indicate next to the book what page you are on and how many pages are in the book.

Finally, in a paragraph of 6-8 sentences, evaluate your experience with SSR so far this year. For example:

-Do you make sure that you always have a book to read? Is it the same book, or do you hop from book to book?
-Do you read for the full fifteen minutes every day?
-Have you started to read outside of school?
-Have you found a book that you actually enjoy reading?
-What can you do to make sure that you make the most of your SSR experience for the rest of the year?

message 2: by Alena (last edited Nov 18, 2013 04:38PM) (new)

Alena C. | 5 comments Read- Vision in White by Norah Roberts
Just started- Where We Belong by Emily Griffin

SSR is one of many ways of how I can continue to read my book, I will always make sure I have a book with me in school and when I'm out. I love to read, I try to read more than 15 minutes during SSR when there aren't any distractions. I try to read outside if school especially during my brakes either at dance or at temple. I try to read at least 30 minutes a day. The book I just recently finish made my top 5 favorites. The book I just started is really grabbing my attention so far! I will alway try to find and read a book that fits my personality or likings. I love to read romance and mystery books. They keep me interested, because I alway want to know what is going to happen next!

message 3: by David (new)

David L | 4 comments I am still reading Friday night lights I am on page 133. I do make sure I always have my book it never gets taken out of my book ah except for SSR.
It is the same book. I do read the full 15 minutes but sometimes I don't understand so I reread the page. I have not started reading outside of school I am looking for a different book to read. Not yet I am still looking for that 1 good book. That I can say I have completed a full book. I don't like my book I think it is really boring I am currently looking for another book if we are aloud to change

message 4: by Ariyana (new)

Ariyana | 3 comments Read-Bling by Erica Kennedy
Reading-All Around the Town pg. 290 out of 341

I always have a new book to read after I finish one. I read the book the full 15 minutes. I am also reading my books outside of school. All the books I have read so far are very interesting and enjoyable. To make sure that I make the most of my SSR experience for the rest of the year, I will continue to get new books every time I finish one. I will also make sure I read it during the full 15 minutes during SSR time.

message 5: by Victor (last edited Nov 20, 2013 04:22PM) (new)

Victor K | 5 comments I always have a new book in standby after I finish a book i am currently reading. I read the full 15 minutes everyday at SSR. I am not reading books outside of school only when in school since it is the only appropriate time for me to read. All the books I have read so far involve conflicts that has happened in America. So far some of the books are a bit boring in the beginning but it picks up the pace later on in the story.I will continue to read new books every time i get a book finished. The books I have read this year is "I am a Seal Team Six Warrior", "Fever 1793". I am currently reading "Fever 1793" and on page 90 of about 200 pages.

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 3 comments I'm still reading Second Chance, I am on page 150. I always have a book to read for SSR. I'm reading outside a little bit. The book I am reading now I actually enjoy reading it. I believe the rest of the series is going to be good too. I would say I have to have a book that I know I'm going to like and actually read. Also a book I know I'm going to stay focus on.

message 7: by Sita (last edited Nov 27, 2013 10:24AM) (new)

Sita S | 5 comments I am reading "If you're reading this it's too late". I am currently on page 261 out of 385 pages. I have read "The name of this book is a secret" and I half read "The Price of a Child". I didn't read that whole book through because I lost interest.

The books that I actually enjoy reading is a series of books by the author Pseudonymous Bosch. So far I've read 2 books in his/hers series. I always have a book ready for SSR because Pseudonymous Bosch books are a page turner. I haven't yet started reading out of school yet but I am planning to get into the habit of that. To make most of my SSR experience I can continue choosing books that I enjoy reading so that I won't be bored during the whole 15mins.

message 8: by Tyrese (new)

Tyrese Johnson | 4 comments So far I have read Thirteen Reasons Why, and Championship Ball. I have finished both books. Now I am currently reading Dope Sick by Walter Dean Myers.

If I have not finished a book I make sure I bring the same book everyday for SSR. Even though SSR isn't my favorite thing to do I always read the full fifteen minutes. I still only read outside of school when I am required. The book that I am currently reading, I actually do enjoy. Having a book that I enjoy is what I can do to make sure that I make the most of my SSR experience for the rest of the year.

message 9: by Romeo (new)

Romeo O | 4 comments I am still reading "Percy Jackson The Lighting Thief" it is the only book I read so far. I am on page 201 of 375 pages.

I did make sure I had my book. I always kept it in my bag.I have read for 15 minutes everyday since we started SSR. I haven't read outside of school. I like the book I'm reading now, next I want to read "Friday Night Lights". To make sure you get the most of your SSR time you can read as soon as it starts. Don't start talking to your friends you will be distracted.

message 10: by Steve (new)

Steve B.. | 3 comments I have been reading A Night in Terror Tower by RL Stine. I am on page 129, out of 170 pages. This is the second book I have read this year. The only other book I have read this year, was Son of the Mob. I currently have not found another book yet to read after I'm finished this one, but I'm looking. I read the full SSR time everyday. I don't really read outside of school, but sometimes I try to. I'm honestly not a big fan of reading, but I try to stay interested. Both books I have read so far I have really enjoyed, so yes I have found two books I have enjoyed. To enjoy my SSR experience for the rest of the year, is to only red books I enjoy.

message 11: by Edymaris (new)

Edymaris F | 2 comments So far for SSR, I've finished reading the books Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, and Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. The book I'm currently reading is The Garden of Eve by K.L Going. I'm on page 180 of 256.
SSR is something new that I've been adjusting to this year. I always have a book to read, and it's the same book. I read most of the 15 minutes. I continue to read my SSR book outside of school, which is a book I enjoy. To make the most of my SSR experience this year, I'll continue to read a book I enjoy for the entire 15 minutes. Overall, I like SSR.

message 12: by Raeanaw (new)

Raeanaw | 3 comments So far I have read The Cartel, Doing his time , and Black widow. I am now reading She Creeps. The book is 375 pages long I am currently on page 67. Since starting ssr I have found books that I like. Some days I read for the full 15 minuets some days Im not in the mood to read. I have began to read a little here and there outside of school. For the rest of the year ican make sure Im reading books im interested in.
-raeana white

message 13: by Alexis (new)

Alexis G | 5 comments So far I have read "crazy" by Amy Reed, "cut" by Patricia McCormick and I am currently reading "stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli. The book has 186 pages and i am on page 93. I always read for the full 15 minutes because once I stat, I can't help but keep going. What keeps me on track is to have a good book that I like or can relate to. I ready a little outside of school. All of the books I have read so far I honestly do enjoy. I try my best to always have my book on me.

message 14: by Dynasha (new)

Dynasha T. | 5 comments See you at Harry's - finished
My Most Excellent year - 403 pg. on page 120
I always make sure I have a book to read for SSR. I do not hop from book to book I make sure I have my book at all times. Sometimes I stop at 11:13 but if I'm really end to the chapter I continue to read till the end of SSR. Yes I sometimes read outside of school. I have downloaded books on my phone. Yes there are many books I enjoy reading. I think I might want to change my SSR book because I don't enjoy it that much. I can make sure I always have a book that interest me and keeps me reading for the full 15 minutes.

message 15: by Danielle (new)

Danielle D | 4 comments So far for SSR, I completed reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and I am in the process of reading Beastly. I am only on page 62, of 280. Beastly is hard to understand sometimes so I have been re-reading over some of the chapters just to refresh my brain. Having SSR really does help me with my vocabulary. I have a very busy schedule, but whenever I can find the time to sit down and read, I most certainly do. I always make it certain that if I forget beastly in my locker, I have another book in my schoolbag I can read. SSR is beneficial not just for myself, but others too.

message 16: by Erin (last edited Dec 02, 2013 02:19PM) (new)

Erin | 1 comments So far this year during SSR, I have finished reading the book Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I am currently reading Go Ask Alice which the author is anonymous due to personal reasons.I am on page 90 out of a 189. I have found SSR to be really relaxing considering I never usually use my free time to sit down and read it is good that I get a chance to improve in my reading. SSR has helped me find some really good books and has actually got me to read more on my free time. For instance, one day last week I was reading Go Ask Alice when I reached a very intense part of the book and I did not want to put it down at a 11:15, so that night I actually found myself sitting in my room reading it until I finished that chapter. Sometimes I forget the book in my locker because it is so thin and tiny so for on I am just going to keep it in the front pocket of my handbag. I really enjoy SSR because it gives us a little break during the day and it makes me more advanced in my reading and vocabulary.

message 17: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Gonzalez | 5 comments The only book I've read this year so far is "Looking For Alaska" by Johm Green and I was almost done. I am on page 193 of 221.

I've forgotten my book a couple times and I just borrowed a book from my friebd or I did some unfinished work quietly but the majority of the time I have it with me. I do read for the full fifteen minutes during although I do catch myself reading but thinking abput other thing so then I'd have to read over it again. I haven't read my book outside of school but I do read another book at home sometimes. I have really enjoyed my SSR book, its not exactly how I expected it to be but its very interesting. I also really enjoyed my summer reading book. I just have to remember to bring my book everyday andconsentrate on the book and not other thoughts.