Tudor History Lovers discussion

Authors, Authors, Authors! > Shall I carry on?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelyn (last edited Aug 30, 2014 10:43PM) (new)

Evelyn Dangerfield | 18 comments Apologies if this isn't posted in the right place.

I am writing a book about the death and possible murder of Amy Robsart, wife of Robert Dudley. Robert was the favourite of Queen Elizabeth 1st and his wife's death caused a scandal in Elizabethan England. I'd welcome any feedback, look here for free:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/9806212-...

Am I on the right lines?

Thanks

Evelyn

message 2: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 44 comments What a great topic! I'd be interested to continue reading this. I like where this is headed so far.

message 3: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Dangerfield | 18 comments Thanks Marykate, I really appreciate you looking. I'm doing some timeline research but should post a new chapter by the end of the week. You are the first person to give me encouragement outside the family!Thanks

Evelyn

message 4: by Liza (new)

Liza | 2 comments I agree, very interesting topic! I like a little mystery, and I think there are a lot of ways you could take this story. Good luck!

message 5: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Dangerfield | 18 comments Thanks Liza,

I'll keep on it, thanks for looking, I'm trying to post each Friday and get my research done during the week,

Evelyn

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura Dowers (lauradowers) Evelyn wrote: "Apologies if this isn't posted in the right place.

I am writing a book about the death and possible murder of Amy Robsart, wife of Robert Dudley who as I'm sure alot of you know was the favourite ..."

Hi Evelyn,

I've just read some of your story and I think your approach is a perfectly valid one. The whole point of Amy Robsart is that her death was a mysterious one, so you can take it where you want. In my novel about Robert Dudley, for example, Amy died accidentally, with her husband blameless. Who's to say which one of us is right?
Keep on with it, looking forward to reading it when it's published.

message 7: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Dangerfield | 18 comments Hi Laura,

I'd be delighted if I ever got near to publishing it!It is a fascinating history mystery, like you say there's so many different versions of what happened, reading all the evidence it is really hard to say and I can see why you came to that conclusion. Thanks for looking and for your encouragement, I appreciate it,

Evelyn

message 8: by Michell (new)

Michell Karnes (royalreader) | 229 comments Good luck on researching this mystery. It is fascinating to wonder about what happened. I don't think she was a favorite of Elizabeth i but rather simply the wife of Robert Dudley ( who was of course her favorite)?????

message 9: by Evelyn (last edited Aug 30, 2014 12:05AM) (new)

Evelyn Dangerfield | 18 comments Thanks Michell. No, I think Elizabeth's life would have been much easier if she hadn't been around! I'm getting there now, Wattpad has been good to develop the book in stages...

message 10: by Kimber (new)

Kimber (kimberlibri) | 66 comments Michell wrote: "Good luck on researching this mystery. It is fascinating to wonder about what happened. I don't think she was a favorite of Elizabeth i but rather simply the wife of Robert Dudley ( who was of co..."

I think she was saying that Robert was a favourite of Elizabeth, not Amy. I'd love to give this a read. Keep on working!

message 11: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Dangerfield | 18 comments Hi Kimber, indeed, I did mean Robert! I've just read back my post and it isn't clear so I have edited! Thanks for the encouragement and if you have a look let me know what you think of the way it is structured. If you've got time. Thanks!