Authors Helping Authors discussion

Authors helping writers > Suggestions for new release?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jerrie (new)

Jerrie Brock (jerriebrock) | 2 comments I am getting ready to release the second book of a trilogy. The first book got good reviews, but not a lot of reviews. When I published, just getting through all the issues and formatting, etc. I just wanted it done with. This one, I was wondering if there was any ideas to generate more interest before its release to help push up the review numbers. Right now I am doing a Giveaway here on Goodreads for the first book, in the hopes it will generate interest in the next books.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

I just wondered if there was anything else that might be helpful without demanding a lot of money or huge amounts of time, both of which I'm very short on.

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Faragher | 32 comments You could do some read to reviews prior to the release so that it's got reviews as soon as it goes up. Guest posts on relevant blogs are also a good idea.

message 3: by Jerrie (new)

Jerrie Brock (jerriebrock) | 2 comments Emma wrote: "You could do some read to reviews prior to the release so that it's got reviews as soon as it goes up. Guest posts on relevant blogs are also a good idea."

Thanks. I have done a couple of interviews. Getting reviews isn't real easy even after publishing. I've gotten emails from people who enjoyed the first and want to know when the second is coming out, but some of them didn't leave reviews? So how does one get pre-release reviews?