What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. 1970's/80/90 kids scary story book?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 3 comments Level of reading: Late children / pre-teen maybe scary stories, (That's when I read it).

-Main story I am looking for, involves the new house to buyers/ old rules to sellers archetype (don't do X to the house please). Anyway the new owners nick a painting in a darts game, and hooded figure begins to appear. Eventually someone in the family kills themselves I think... I read it in maybe the late 1980's I think? Thoughts? Very annoying to not be able to remember this...

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Do you remember anything about the characters? Was it a family?

What so you mean by the old rules to sellers? Do you mean previous owners leave instructions to the newcomers to not do certain things to the house (like "don't open attic door, don't paint the living room")?

message 3: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 3 comments Yes exactly. The rule was don't take down this painting. It may have been a manor of castle as well. I can't really remember...

message 4: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 3 comments Yes exactly. The rule was don't take down this painting. It may have been a manor of castle as well. I can't really remember...

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Was this a short story collection? I found Please Do Not Touch: A Collection of Stories
one of the Amazon reviews said: In the Gallery Pitu, whatever you touch you could become part of the stories. A magician is lost in the world one night. There is a terrible house you could never imagine. An elder sister married a bear. A coffee pot which was like a human. There's a house you should never rent, and an old woman who was waiting at your window at nights.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Brendan, are you still looking for this? Was it Tab's suggestion?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
I can't tell enough from the book description to determine if that's the book, no response from Brendan. Moving to Abandoned.