The Page Turners discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > The Book Thief Movie Release

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy Who has seen this movie already? What did you guys think of it? Does it live up to the book?
I am dying to see it; I absolutely cannot wait!!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate ✨ is a dreamer I haven't even read the book yet. I started it, but it got boring ... this was like 2 years ago, should I pick it back up?

message 3: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy Well, my mom is reading it right now and she's finding it kind of slow. But I absolutely loved it! Maybe it's in people's tastes, so yours could have changed a bit since you last tried the book. I, personally, think I would try it again.

message 4: by Kaitlin (last edited Dec 06, 2013 03:04PM) (new)

Kaitlin I just saw the movie and I loved it! Of course I still like the book better but the movie was amazing! The narrator was okay but I think the voice should hathe even a different voice. the actors in the movie were perfect for the characters.

message 5: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy I thought the movie was really good!! The actors were great and Liesel and Rudy were adorable! I agree with Velika99 about Death's voice, though. I thought it was too commonplace and think, for all you OUAT fans, that the voice should have been the voice of the Shadow in Neverland.
But after the movie I had this weird feeling and didn't place it until I got home. While I liked the movie and think it adapted well from the book, I wish I hadn't seen it. I don't want to be seen as weird, but this book was really special to me, I don't know why. And I hadn't wanted to see it on screen, I wanted it to stay in words in a book. But I didn't realize this before I saw it. So the book lost its magic and now, whenever I picture the story, I think of the movie and I've got the reread the book as soon as I can!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 97 comments I am going to try to read it before the movie comes out !!!

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
Has anyone read any of Zusak's other books?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.