YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Perfect Ruin (The Internment Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Perfect Ruin
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano Starting November 18th 2013

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jordan | 550 comments On Internment, the floating island in the clouds where 16-year-old Morgan Stockhour lives, getting too close to the edge can lead to madness. Even though Morgan's older brother, Lex, was a Jumper, Morgan vows never to end up like him. She tries her best not to mind that her life is orderly and boring, and if she ever wonders about the ground, and why it is forbidden, she takes solace in best friend Pen and her betrothed, Basil.

Then a murder, the first in a generation, rocks the city. With whispers swirling and fear on the wind, Morgan can no longer stop herself from investigating, especially when she meets Judas. He is the boy being blamed for the murder — betrothed to the victim — but Morgan is convinced of his innocence. Secrets lay at the heart of Internment, but nothing can prepare Morgan for what she will find — or who she will lose.

Jacquelyn and I will be starting on November 18th. Feel free to join! :)

message 2: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) WOO! Have heard sooooooo many good things!

message 3: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) Do you want to make a daily schedule? How many days do you want to spend reading this book?

Jordan | 550 comments Same here! I loved her first series! Sorry it took me so long to make the thread. :P

Jordan | 550 comments Sure, how many days were you thinking about doing?

Jordan | 550 comments I was thinking about 4 or 5 days. Does that work for you?

message 7: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) Jordan wrote: "Same here! I loved her first series! Sorry it took me so long to make the thread. :P"

I haven't read any of her other books! And no it's fine! :D

message 8: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) Jordan wrote: "Sure, how many days were you thinking about doing?"

I was thinking about 4-5. Which one is better for you?

Jordan | 550 comments How about 5? I'm starting another buddy read tomorrow also. :)

Jordan | 550 comments You need to read the Chemical Garden series by her! It's AMAZING!!!

message 11: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) Okay! So if we take 5 days reading this then this is our daily schedule!

Day One: Read up to Chapter 7 (Page 74)

Day Two: Read up to Chapter 13 (Page 143)

Day Three: Read up to Chapter 19 (Page 217)

Day Four: Read up to Chapter 26 (Page 288)

Day Five: Finish the book (Page 356)

message 12: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) Jordan wrote: "You need to read the Chemical Garden series by her! It's AMAZING!!!"

Okay! Thanks for the rec! If I like this, which I think I will, I will be sure to check the series out!

Jordan | 550 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Jordan wrote: "You need to read the Chemical Garden series by her! It's AMAZING!!!"

Okay! Thanks for the rec! If I like this, which I think I will, I will be sure to check the series out!"

Sweet, I just put sticky notes in the book to know where to stop each day lol. Np! I'm really excited for this book! :)

message 14: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) Haha awesome! :D I am too! :D Yay!

Jordan | 550 comments About to start :)

message 16: by Shav (last edited Nov 19, 2013 12:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments This is an amazing book!
I hope you love it too

Jordan | 550 comments I'm still at the beginning, but it is really good so far! DeStefano is an amazing writer!

message 18: by Jordan (last edited Nov 23, 2013 08:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jordan | 550 comments I'm a little behind at the moment...I'm at 61%, but the book is amazing and I plan on finishing it tomorrow! :) How are you doing Jacquelyn?

Jordan | 550 comments 84% done :)

Jordan | 550 comments I'm finished! It was amazing! :D