Reign discussion

Episodes > "A Chill in the Air" (Episode 5)

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 501 comments Mod
What did you think of this episode?

Summary: In the hopes of ousting Mary, Catherine arranges for Francis' former lover, Olivia (Yael Grobglas), to return to court and profess her feelings for Francis. When Francis refuses to send Olivia away, Mary vents her frustrations to Bash and the two kiss, secretly witnessed by Francis. Aylee is caught "stealing" by Catherine, and the Queen blackmails Aylee into letting her read Mary's letters before they are posted. Mary is aware of this arrangement, as she deliberately planted Aylee as her spy for Catherine. Pagans are practicing human sacrifice to appease a creature in the woods, and one of the pagans warns Bash that there will be consequences for his removing one of their victims before the ritual was complete. Mary learns that Kenna is having an affair with Henry and advises her to end it; Kenna refuses, claiming that Henry is planning to make her his official mistress.

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 56 comments THE KISS was beautiful <3 i've loved bash since the very beginning =/ not too sure they'll end up together, but i hope so =3. Also with the mistress thing i honestly think it's not going to happen for her ]= but if it does then... okay then lol idc. Pagans are weird hope to learn more about them ^-^ and where's that girl from like the first few episodes that lives inside the castle walls, feelings like shes been missing lately.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Kliora (sarahgraykay) I really love Francis and Mary together, but honestly he screwed up the moment he didn't kick Olivia out of the castle. But, I can't help but love Bash in this episode. I keep forgetting that he's in love with Mary, but that entire scene was adorable. It just hurt so much when Francis saw them...but I really hope the castle doesn't find out the whole Pagan thing with Bash.... That last episode pretty much frustrated me the whole time with a lot of things. But in a good way. Yeah, I really want to see more from the girl in the castle! What was her name again?

message 4: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 56 comments Hmm lol uh i think it stared with a C >.< Clarissa?

message 5: by Rachel (new)

I really lov Francis and Mary together too, but Francis keeps messing up and hurting her!! Cut the ties and be with Bash.

message 6: by Daniela (new)

Daniela (bookishwave) | 2 comments I was so frustrated during this episode! The Queen, Olivia, they are so asdfghjkl

message 7: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 56 comments I know what you mean. Ugh, i want Olivia to leave now! I hope Francis doesn't do anything stupid with her

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Knowing Francis, he will do something very stupid.

message 9: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 56 comments >.< Aww. I mean i'm rooting for Bash but then everytime Olivia is brought up, i'm just like, send away with her now!

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Same... I'm so conflicted...

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (candypie23) | 61 comments Omg I was on twitter like "I'm ready to go Nikita on Olivia"!!!! She made me so mad, after Mary was so nice to her!!!! I can't take that girl.......

But I loved how Mary figured that the Queen had something to do with Olivia being back!!!! Mary is becoming one of my favorite leading ladies since Liz Parker on Roswell.

message 12: by Rachel (last edited Nov 17, 2013 07:05PM) (new)

AND when Olivia went off with Francis near the end of the episode, SHE WAS WEARING MARY'S DRESS!! What the heck?!

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 5 comments Too much homewreckin' wenches plotting against Mary and not enough of the creepy, yet helpful ghost haha :)

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Haha that's a good way to put it! Well she was under that bed in episode 4 and then she's a no show in episode 5!

message 15: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 56 comments Lol love how you wrote that ^-^ definately homewrckin' wenches for sure!

Janhavi♥herondale (janhaviherondale) | 242 comments Daniela wrote: "I was so frustrated during this episode! The Queen, Olivia, they are so asdfghjkl"

OMG tell me about. When i found out that they are working together, i was like to the queen, you have to manipulate everyone!! Poor Mary. At least i finally saw Bash and Mary KISS!!! its was beautiful!! <3

message 17: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 56 comments HeeHee my thoughts exactly. It was just a total fangirl moment ^-^ like just finally hope it's not the last either!!

Janhavi♥herondale (janhaviherondale) | 242 comments Morgan wrote: "HeeHee my thoughts exactly. It was just a total fangirl moment ^-^ like just finally hope it's not the last either!!"

YEAHHH fingers crossed. I'm really happy they showed the kiss now..because some shows tend to show "the kiss" towards the end of the season or even the next, its soo damn frustrating!

message 19: by Prpages (new)

Prpages *Sigh I hate love triangles. But at the same time they're so much fun.

message 20: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (candypie23) | 61 comments This love triangle I don't mind so much b/c we sort of no she will end up with Francis if they stuck to the real story.......but watching it unfold is fun!!!!

message 21: by Prpages (new)

Prpages I know. It provides a lot of excitement and entertainment. But I always feel so competitive and worried just by watching the show! Like maybe things are going to go wrong or something? I don't know. I also liked the kiss between Bash and Mary.

message 22: by Rachel (new)

I am so addicted to love triangles...

Janhavi♥herondale (janhaviherondale) | 242 comments P.D. wrote: "I know. It provides a lot of excitement and entertainment. But I always feel so competitive and worried just by watching the show! Like maybe things are going to go wrong or something? I don't know..."

Ahhh tell me about it, i very much enjoyed watching the kiss also! :)

message 24: by Rachel (new)

Same :D I started squealing!!

Janhavi♥herondale (janhaviherondale) | 242 comments I swear to god i felt like a seal. I was just clapping so hard, i looked like crazy person

message 26: by Rachel (new)

hahahaha I just kept "AWWING"

Janhavi♥herondale (janhaviherondale) | 242 comments Ohhh yeah that too lol.

message 28: by Rachel (new)

*starry-eyed, glazed-over, hopeful look*

message 29: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) dumb ole Oliva. #$%&^&*^&%^%$%& Francis.

Poor Bash. She didn't mean it! It wasn't a mistake!!!! I worry about Kenna. I don't like the king. He's a creepy, creepy guy.

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandaaaa) who's the one under Mary's bed? Olivia?

message 31: by Madeline (last edited Nov 19, 2013 10:09PM) (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Amanda wrote: "who's the one under Mary's bed? Olivia?"

No, the creepy sack face ghost girl thing.

Janhavi♥herondale (janhaviherondale) | 242 comments Miss Madness Herondale wrote: "Amanda wrote: "who's the one under Mary's bed? Olivia?"

No, the creepy sack face ghost girl thing."

Wait, that's clarissa?? I thought i was just random person that we will get to know about....

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Yeah Clarissa is the girl with that sack over her head...

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Amanda wrote: "who's the one under Mary's bed? Olivia?"

She wasn't even mentioned in the next episode!

Janhavi♥herondale (janhaviherondale) | 242 comments Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Yeah Clarissa is the girl with that sack over her head..."

Well i feel dumb now :/

message 36: by Rachel (new)

haha you shouldn't! There are way too many characters coming and going, it's hard to keep up!

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandaaaa) despite what Francis did, i still like him especially the first part of episode..

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Yeah but he turned into his father there for a minute and I did NOT like that.