Reign discussion

Episodes > "Hearts and Minds" (Episode 4)

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 501 comments Mod
What did you think of this episode?

Summary: Simon Westbrook is arrested for causing the deaths of the six companies of French troops, based on the testimony of a prostitute who supposedly saw him bragging about it. Tomas shows his true colours to Mary by threatening her and hitting a whipping boy when Mary talks back to him. After receiving a hint from Clarissa, Mary, Francis and Bash realize that Tomas had the most to gain by warning the English. Mary questions the prostitute, who admits she was paid for her testimony. Francis and Bash find Tomas when he's about to kill his whipping boy in order cover his tracks in the plot; a fight ensues and Francis kills Tomas. Mary, Francis, and Bash return to court in time to prevent Simon's execution. Henry and Catherine decide to cover up Tomas' treachery in order to maintain good relations with Portugal, pretending that his death was an accident. Simon leaves France as the new English envoy to Portugal. Due to her role in protecting France's ties with Portugal, Mary is able to reopen negotiations for her marriage to Francis, this time pressuring Henry and Catherine for better terms for herself and Scotland.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

I think this is my favorite episode so far. I still can't believe how evil Tomas was!

message 3: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) I really wanted Tomas to be good. He was such a sexy dancer. Then stupid Francis almost got Bash killed... again.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

I know right?! Bash, who is injured, is left to fight Tomas while Francis goes to check on Miguel or whoever that whipping boy was...

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 64 comments Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "I know right?! Bash, who is injured, is left to fight Tomas while Francis goes to check on Miguel or whoever that whipping boy was..."

THANK YOU!!! OMG,I thought I was the only one noticed that. I was just like really? You didn't see that coming? (Face palm)

message 6: by Rachel (new)

What the heck was Francis thinking?! Oh wait!! He DOESN'T THINK sometimes.

message 7: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Stupid, wimpy Francis.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 64 comments PREACH IT.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

This was my favorite episode so far

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Same. Fav episode
Kenna disgusts me. The king is like 500 years old and he's almost bald on top of that and shes like what...15? The relationship is gross.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Same! This is my favorite episode so far

message 12: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Miss Amazingness wrote: "Same. Fav episode
Kenna disgusts me. The king is like 500 years old and he's almost bald on top of that and shes like what...15? The relationship is gross."

Hey! But well um... Yes. But NO!!!! But kinda. But NOT HER FAULT.

message 13: by Laura (last edited Dec 01, 2013 08:10PM) (new)

Laura | 64 comments Hahah, just blame it on her wanting to see the best in people I suppose..

I understand her, I just wish she would wake up and realize what shes gotten herself into before its too late.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

@Mad...*sighs heavily* Its her fault just as much as it is the king's. She wants it just as much as he does, maybe even more. She knows she shouldn't be doing it, and her friends have warned her but she doesn't care. You can't deny it just cuz you think shes pretty

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "@Mad...*sighs heavily* Its her fault just as much as it is the king's. She wants it just as much as he does, maybe even more. She knows she shouldn't be doing it, and her friends have warned her bu..."

Good points

message 16: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Miss Amazingness wrote: "@Mad...*sighs heavily* Its her fault just as much as it is the king's. She wants it just as much as he does, maybe even more. She knows she shouldn't be doing it, and her friends have warned her bu..."

I think I can. I shall deny EVERYTHING SOELY FOR THE REASON I LIKE HER AND THINK SHE'S PRETTY.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

...Well technically you can...but it's dumb becuz even tho she might be pretty you secretly know and acknowledge that I'm right XDD

message 18: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Miss Amazingness wrote: "@Mad...*sighs heavily* Its her fault just as much as it is the king's. She wants it just as much as he does, maybe even more. She knows she shouldn't be doing it, and her friends have warned her bu..."

And no. It is not her fault just as much as the kings!
1) she's a minor, she's young, naïve.
2) She thinks she's in love
3) She did not instigate it
4) She is not the one getting with more than one person at a time.

*Huffs* so there.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Those points are true. But! Her naivety doesn't excuse her actions, especially since she was warned by different people. This shows she knows exactly what she's doing, and that its wrong but she doesn't care. So all naivety goes out the window here. She also knows shes a minor and all that.
Her thinking she's in love doesn't change what she's been doing.
She may not have instigated it, but she certainly didn't fight it, didn't deny it, and she actually pursued it.

And the king is horrible for cheating...but honestly she should've expected it. If he can cheat on the queen and his mistress with her, what makes Kenna think that the king is faithful in the first place?

message 20: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) I'm not saying she SHOULDN'T have expected him not to love her. I'm saying she DIDN'T

I think that yes, of course she shouldn't have gotten with the king. But I am saying that it's not mainly her fault or even half her fault. Maybe like point two and a half point seven percent...

But that doesn't make her a bad person!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Its not mainly her fault, its half her fault, half the kings

And I don't mean to say she's a bad person, cuz she's not

message 22: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) NOT HALF. He is mainly responsible as he is an adult and a man whore and is aware that he doesn't love her and cheats.

It's Kenna's fault maybe two point three and a half point four percent...

message 23: by Laura (last edited Dec 03, 2013 04:40PM) (new)

Laura | 64 comments I think I could use some popcorn right about now...

message 24: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Why do 3/4 of the things I say trigger the popcorn thing from people????
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE???

message 25: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Hahaha XD cuz you're funny mad! It's a compliment XP

message 26: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) .... I was bein' sarcastic. I know I'm hilarious! *grins* And humble too! just like Lya.

message 27: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Oh yeah your so humble XD

message 28: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) *smiles* I know. It's a gift really.

message 29: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Haha XD

message 30: by Rachel (new)

Miss Madness Herondale wrote: "Why do 3/4 of the things I say trigger the popcorn thing from people????
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE???"

popcorn thing?

message 31: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Me: about to fight over Will
Someone else: Imma go get popcorn
Me: gets into an argument
someone else: Imma go get popcorn
Me: having a perfectly normal convo.
someone else: Imma go get popcorn
ect...

message 32: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Bahahaha xD

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura | 64 comments Hahah sorry, couldn't help myself *grins*

message 34: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) You're fine. I find people finding me amusing amusing.

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura | 64 comments Hahahahah ^^^^^^^

message 36: by Rachel (new)

Well whenever you get into brawls with people over Will Herondale, it's quite amusing for the spectators. :)

message 37: by Aline (new)

Aline Miss Madness Herondale wrote: "Why do 3/4 of the things I say trigger the popcorn thing from people????
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE???"

Hahahhaha I remember when I was fighting over Will with you the popcorn was getting ready ...

message 38: by Rachel (new)

haha lol

message 39: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Well whenever you get into brawls with people over Will Herondale, it's quite amusing for the spectators. :)"

*grins* MY Will.