Reign discussion

Episodes > "Kissed" (Episode 3)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 501 comments Mod
What did you think of this episode?

Summary: When news arrives that English soldiers are amassing near the Scottish border, Mary asks Henry for military aid but is refused. Mary tries to negotiate a deal for troops with the visiting Prince Tomas (Manolo Cardona) of Portugal. Tomas proposes to Mary, promising military aid and an immediate wedding, which Francis cannot give her. Mary tells Francis of Tomas' proposal, which prompts Francis to blackmail Henry, threatening to tell Catherine and Diane of his new affair with Kenna. Henry is pleased by Francis' initiative and agrees to send six companies of troops to Scotland. Bash rides out to deliver the orders to the troops, but he returns gravely wounded, as they were ambushed by the English before they could set sail. Henry and Catherine realize this means the English were warned by a spy at court. A distraught Francis kisses Mary for the first time and tells her to marry Tomas for the sake of Scotland. Mary accepts Tomas' proposal, and Tomas sends a ship of his men immediately to Scotland.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

What do you think of Tomas? (Think PRIOR to episode 4)

I thought he was so nice and generous and kind. He seemed a bit too old for Mary tho...

message 3: by Madeline (last edited Nov 19, 2013 09:51PM) (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) SEXY DANCER. I was like *slackjaw* WHOA.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 64 comments Lol I really liked him! I was like "Awh he's so sweet and kind!! And hes a hot dancer! I wish she actually liked him and wasn't just accepting his offer because she needed to." But once i found out the truth i was sooo mad! I wanted to hit him FOR her lol

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Same! I liked him. And then he turned mean :( I thought he was too old for her anyway...

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 64 comments Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Same! I liked him. And then he turned mean :( I thought he was too old for her anyway..."
Trueee. That was weird lol. Plus he just completely ignored her friend (even though she obviously liked him) and I thought that was a little bit fishy at first too.
Convenient he only likes the desperate, soon to be queen...

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Yeah, poor Greer :(

Yeah I was wondering why he proposed so soon!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate Tomas. A lot. Even before he did what he did

message 9: by Rachel (new)

he seemed too good to be true

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

He treated Greer like a piece of dirt. He was too desperate for Mary. And there is something behind that cool facade.