Reign discussion

Episodes > Pilot (Episode 1)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Nov 17, 2013 02:46PM) (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 501 comments Mod
What did you think of this episode? Discuss what happened!

Summary: 15-year old Mary Stuart has been living in a convent in France since age nine, in anticipation of her marriage to Francis, heir to the throne of France. After a failed attempt to poison her, Mary is brought to the French court for safety, where she is reunited with her handmaidens and childhood companions Greer, Kenna, Lola and Aylee. At court, Mary discovers that her marriage isn't assured, for it depends on ever-changing politics and alliances. Francis' personal reservations are related to his secret affair with Natalie, a lady of the court, and his doubts about the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Mary also catches the eye of Francis' half-brother Bash, son of King Henry with his mistress, Diane de Poitiers. When Queen Catherine's adviser Nostradamus has a vision that the match with Mary will cost Francis his life, she decides to sabotage the marriage. Catherine arranges for Colin (Ashley Charles), a Scot and betrothed of Lola, to rape a drugged Mary in her sleep. Mary is warned not to drink the wine beforehand by an unseen figure, and manages to stop Colin before the rape. Before Mary can question Colin, he is executed by order of the King and Queen.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

I don't know about you, but in this pilot, Mary seemed a bit childish and naive. I liked her much better in the subsequent episodes.

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 56 comments I loved the dancing scene :3 it was just adorable and Bash and Mary and then Francis and Mary just an overload of it ^-^

message 4: by Rachel (new)

It was so cool! And both of boys were watching her <3 And they both saw how truly awesome she is :)

message 5: by Rachel (new)

And the pretty feathers were raining down!!

message 6: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Ugh I started hating Francis here. I should've trusted my instincts. No Mary go away. Yes I don't care that you just took the time and thought to bring me a gift for a hobby of mine that you listened to me about and not only took the time to acknowledge it, but gave me a thoughtful gift for it too? NO I'm ticked of at you, my future wife, who has been faithful to me all the years she was away while I was hear hooking up with everything that breathed and had girlie parts. Not I'm ticked off at you because you thought you could interrupt me when I was sleeping with someone else, my betrothed? WELL YOU WERE WRONG YOU IDIOT, GO AWAY! Yes leave crying, Mary who has done nothing but listen to me and respect me and try to love me while I continue to shack up with this girl I know I have no future with and don't love because I WANT TO. So there.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

First episode: I HATE FRANCIS!! Manwhore... Go away!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

So what does Francis hook up with chicks on a daily basis? There was the girl in this episode...I'm assuming they did anyways...but I never saw her again

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Yeah I haven't seen her since. Just a passing fling I guess...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Disgraceful.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

How is it that no one has gotten pregnant yet?!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess they don't really...have the...intercourse cuz they have to be virgins in order to...uh...well they have to make sure their babies aren't coming from other people cuz then they wont have pure blood...god idk how to explain XD

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Oh I thought they went all the way... I guess not.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

*shrugs* I could be wrong

message 15: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) They had ways to make sure they didn't get prego in the old days..

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah...but they still say directly that they have to be virgins. Well is that only queens? Or for men too? And other people. Idk.

message 17: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) It could just be the ladies that want to marry into a really distinguished family. I mean there were still a bunch a women back then doing it so..

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yeah I just watched an episode (I wont spoil) but I think the women born who have royal blood (not strictly royal but.....ugh. I need to learn how to express myself XD) have to marry someone else with royal blood for their country and family, but the women have to be virgins.

message 19: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Makes sense

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

XD U actually understood that? It took me ages to try to make what I was thinking easy for others to understand ;)

message 21: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Yeah I understood it:)

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "Oh yeah I just watched an episode (I wont spoil) but I think the women born who have royal blood (not strictly royal but.....ugh. I need to learn how to express myself XD) have to marry someone els..."

Yeah but they wouldn't know that they weren't virgins unless someone caught them...

message 23: by Rachel (new)

LittleMissJunior(Tia) wrote: "They had ways to make sure they didn't get prego in the old days.."

Like what?!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Ik but they're SUPPOSED to be virgins. It doesnt mean they listen XDD

message 25: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Um like knowing when their proof was and making sure their cycle was through. You can do it without getting prego if you do it at the right times

message 26: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) *giggles*

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Yeah that makes sense I guess...

message 28: by Laura (last edited Dec 04, 2013 08:37PM) (new)

Laura | 64 comments Maybe the queens go to that length, but the guys? No way, no one really cares if they've if they lose it or not or even if they get someone prego. I mean, the king had Bash w/ his mistress for example.
Which isn't fair because the guys can just go manwhore around and it doesn't bother anyone but the future wife who cant even consider doing the same without losing her crown and being disgraced. Ugh. Not fair.

message 29: by Rachel (new)

I know right?! Not.Fair.