Time Travel discussion

Washington's Providence (A Timeless Arts Novel, #1)
This topic is about Washington's Providence
Time Travel Books By Members > Washington's Providence (book trailer)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chris LaFata (chrislafata) | 7 comments Hi time-travel fans,

I've been a member of the group for a while, but have been lurking for the most part.

I wanted to let you know I just released my novel, Washington's Providence. It's available on Amazon and will be up on B&N and the Apple store soon.

Here is the book trailer I produced: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbjqS1...

Book Description:
Former history professor John Curry has been recruited by a time-travel company to scout the best vantage point for clients to witness the inauguration of the first President of the United States. There's just one problem: When he arrives in 1789, there is no inauguration—and no United States. Until this point, the time-travel job has had its perks. Getting relationship advice from the legendary lover, Casanova, was valuable. Accompanying Casanova to the opening night of Mozart's opera, Don Giovanni, was even better.

But being stranded in the British Colony of New York isn't what he signed up for. Few people have even heard of George Washington, and the short-lived American Revolution failed—presumably because Washington wasn't alive to lead it. John always knew history could change on a dime, but not after it already happened. Right?

After learning Washington was killed thirty years earlier during the French and Indian War, John realizes the only way he can return home is to ensure there's a United States to return to. Everything hinges on keeping Washington alive—not the easiest task protecting someone famous for leading battles on the front lines while perched on a horse. While traveling further back through time to protect Washington, he uncovers a secret the Freemasons have kept for more than two and a half centuries and learns that the history he thought he knew was completely wrong.

Autographed copies are available at www.chrislafata.com.

I'm setting up virtual book club meetings as well as in-person ones if you're near Denver, CO.

I'd be happy to have a discussion or answer any questions here as well.

Thanks!

message 2: by Amy, Queen of Time (last edited Nov 17, 2013 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
P.S. Guys, you'll really want to see the trailer. Don't miss it. Absolutely intriguing with a great opening line (coincidentally, the first line of the book).

message 3: by Lincoln, Temporal Jester (new)

Lincoln | 1290 comments Mod
I went to watch the trailer and believe it or not YouTube is offline. I never seen youtube offline before. I look forward to seeing it when it is resolved.

Chris LaFata (chrislafata) | 7 comments Lincoln wrote: "I went to watch the trailer and believe it or not YouTube is offline. I never seen youtube offline before. I look forward to seeing it when it is resolved."

I saw that too! I think it's up now. Thanks!

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Italia (robert-italia) | 132 comments Chris wrote: "Lincoln wrote: "I went to watch the trailer and believe it or not YouTube is offline. I never seen youtube offline before. I look forward to seeing it when it is resolved."

I saw that too! I thi..."

Well done, Chris. You produced it?

Chris LaFata (chrislafata) | 7 comments Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Lincoln wrote: "I went to watch the trailer and believe it or not YouTube is offline. I never seen youtube offline before. I look forward to seeing it when it is resolved."

I saw t..."

Thank you! Yes, I sat down with Final Cut Pro and Photoshop and figured out how to put together what I wanted. Thank goodness for all the people posting "how-to" videos on YouTube!

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert Italia (robert-italia) | 132 comments Chris wrote: "Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Lincoln wrote: "I went to watch the trailer and believe it or not YouTube is offline. I never seen youtube offline before. I look forward to seeing it when it is reso..."

So you like total control of everything (I do). But that means you get to do everything. Is the book just print or ebook also?

Chris LaFata (chrislafata) | 7 comments Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Lincoln wrote: "I went to watch the trailer and believe it or not YouTube is offline. I never seen youtube offline before. I look forward to seeing it w..."

Ha! Yeah, I've been a total control freak about it (actually blogged about that today).

There are both print and e-versions available on Amazon. I went through Smashwords to get set up on Apple, B&N, etc…, but those aren't quite ready.

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Italia (robert-italia) | 132 comments Chris wrote: "Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Lincoln wrote: "I went to watch the trailer and believe it or not YouTube is offline. I never seen youtube offline before. I look forward..."

And Kobo?

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/

Chris LaFata (chrislafata) | 7 comments Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Robert wrote: "Chris wrote: "Lincoln wrote: "I went to watch the trailer and believe it or not YouTube is offline. I never seen youtube offline before. ..."

Yes, Smashwords will upload to most of the online book sellers—except Amazon.

message 11: by Lincoln, Temporal Jester (new)

Lincoln | 1290 comments Mod
The Smell!! Awesome Trailer Chris!

message 12: by Nathan, First Tiger (new) - added it

Nathan Coops (icoops) | 544 comments Mod
This is a great idea. I've actually never seen a book trailer like this. Well done. Nice epic sounding musical soundtrack too.
Sounds like a very unique plot as well. Best of luck with your launch!

Chris LaFata (chrislafata) | 7 comments Thanks, guys! It's been nerve-wracking putting myself out there, but the response has been real favorable so far. If you read it, please let me know what you think.

message 14: by Amy, Queen of Time (last edited Nov 20, 2013 11:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
And here's a quote teaser:
"I happen to like the twenty-first century and would like to come back. I don't want to miss any Joss Whedon movies."