What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. this family that lives on some other planet in this house, and its not safe to leave the house that they are in. The main character is a boy i think, and he starts to come out of a haze that his family is all under

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn | 1 comments Alright the book im looking for is about this family that lives on some other planet in this house, and its not safe to leave the house that they are in. The main character is a boy i think, and he starts to come out of a haze that his family is all under and starts to remember memories from before 'they' took him away. So he tries to get his family out of this unaware state that they are in, and eventually does i believe. I really really wish i remembered the name. I read it about 10 years ago so it could be at least 10-15 years old.. If anyone has heard of this book, I would Actually be so happy.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Was it MG, YA or adult Caitlyn? If you remember the ending and don't want to put it up for fear of spoilers, there is a way to do that. <*spoiler*> the spoiler <*/spoiler*> Remove the * and (view spoiler)

Sometimes it takes putting in those spoilers to get a book found.

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 769 comments 'The Other Place' by Monica Hughes?
"The Fairweather family, mom, dad, eight-year-old Billy and pre-teen Alison, have just been charged with crimes of subversion against the all-powerful World Government. Now they are about to become "disappeareds", all traces of their existence wiped cleanly away. The Fairweathers are sentenced to five years in the mysterious penal colony of Habitat W- a self-contained, controlled and eerily sterile indoor place that opens to a seething desert of fierce wind and sand. Strangely, Mr. and Mrs. Fairweather robotically resign themselves to their fate. But Billy is convinced that somewhere beyond the barren desert, there is a paradise to be found. His escape from Habitat W sets off a chain of startling events that helps Alison to discover "the other place" and a new hope for their future."

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37806 comments Mod
Caitlyn, are you still looking for this? Was it The Other Place?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37806 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

I can't tell from the OP's description if that's the correct book.