YA LGBT Books discussion

Beneath Angel's Wings
This topic is about Beneath Angel's Wings
Read-to-Review - complete & old > Beneath Angel's Wings by E. Summers

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E. (last edited Jun 15, 2014 09:43PM) (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Hello, I recently published a gay coming of age e-book and I’d love to send copies to readers who would be willing to read in exchange for an honest review (the review doesn't have to be super long, but I'd appreciate a few sentences explaining your rating.) If possible, I’d love for reviews to be posted on Amazon as well as Goodreads, but if that’s not possible it’s not a deal breaker. The standard group four week time frame from receipt of book to posting a review is fine. Please post your interest in the thread below so I can contact via a private message here to obtain your preferred e-mail address and file format (mobi, epub or pdf) (or feel free to PM me after posting your interest in this thread).

Title: Beneath Angels Wings

Cover: Beneath Angel's Wings by E. Summers

Number of copies available: 10 2

Formats available: e-book only in mobi, epub or pdf

Word count or pages: approx. 82,500 words, 219 pages

Blurb: Bullied and friendless, with little love or support from his parents, seventeen year-old Adam has reached his breaking point. Just as he’s about to take the irrevocable last step, he meets Angel, who helps him see another path.

Angel’s life has been a series of tragedies and barriers. He has no time to take on other people’s problems, but when he recognizes Adam’s desperation, he can’t turn away. On the spur of the moment, he becomes the younger boy’s protector and introduces him to a new group of friends who help Adam develop the strength and self-confidence to confront and overcome his fears.

The two boys from different backgrounds have little in common, yet their newfound friendship propels them both toward achieving their dreams. Angel embarks on a road to independence while Adam, for the first time, finds love. But just when things can’t get much better, Adam is faced with his worst nightmare and has to make a life-altering choice.

Content Warnings: This book deals with serious themes that may be potentially disturbing for readers, such as attempted suicide, physical and verbal bullying, discussions of sexual practices (including safe sex,) and potentially offensive language. Some themes in this book may not be appropriate for readers under fifteen years of age.

Excerpt: Read the first two chapters for free via a flipbook available at the bottom of my blog or via free sample option on Smashwords or Look Inside feature on Amazon

I’m happy to answer any additional questions you may have. Thanks in advance for your interest and help!

Josée (josee-ireadalot) | 45 comments Hello,

I'd love to read your book and give you an honest review. I'm interested in the story after reading the blurb.

J

message 3: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Josée wrote: "Hello,

I'd love to read your book and give you an honest review. I'm interested in the story after reading the blurb.

J"

Thanks so much! I just sent you a PM. :)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 48 comments I am interested in reading your book based on your post for an honest review.

Thanks.

message 5: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Sandra wrote: "I am interested in reading your book based on your post for an honest review.

Thanks."

Thanks, Sandra. I just sent you a PM :)

Jessa Ryan (jessaryan) | 9 comments I read the sample and I would be happy to read it and give a review.

message 7: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Jessa wrote: "I read the sample and I would be happy to read it and give a review."

Thanks Jessa! Glad you enjoyed the sample. I just sent you a PM. :)

message 8: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Josée wrote: "Hello,

J"

Thanks for the review and the super fast turn around, Josée!

Josée (josee-ireadalot) | 45 comments It was truly a pleasure reading it. I read fast, but when it's good it's even faster!

message 10: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Jessa wrote: "I read the sample and I would be happy to read it and give a review."

Thanks so much for the review, Jessa!

message 11: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina Bilinszki | 2 comments After reading the excerpt I'd love to read your book for an honest review :)

message 12: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Kimi04 wrote: "After reading the excerpt I'd love to read your book for an honest review :)"

Thank you and happy reading :)

Jessa Ryan (jessaryan) | 9 comments E. wrote: "Jessa wrote: "I read the sample and I would be happy to read it and give a review."

Thanks so much for the review, Jessa!"

I can honestly say it was an absolute pleasure. Your story was very refreshing and I hope you tell more of the boys stories.

message 14: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Sandra wrote: "I am interested in reading your book based on your post for an honest review.

Thanks."

Hi Sandra. Thanks for posting your review!

message 15: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Kimi04 wrote: "After reading the excerpt I'd love to read your book for an honest review :)"

Thanks so much for posting your review!

message 16: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina Bilinszki | 2 comments You are very welcome :) I enjoyed reading your book so much <3

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 48 comments Hi, my review is now also available at Booklikes:
http://myfictionnook.booklikes.com/po...

Samantha Boyette | 53 comments I'd love to take the last copy if it's still available?

message 19: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Samantha wrote: "I'd love to take the last copy if it's still available?"

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for your interest in reading and reviewing the book and sorry for the delay in my reply. Somehow I didn't get notice of your post. I'll send you a DM. :)

Liz

message 20: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Thanks so much, Samantha for posting your review!

message 21: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 5 comments i would love to read this book and give you a review sounds like something i would enjoy xx

message 22: by Kaje (new) - added it

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments E. will have to let you know if she's giving out any more copies.

message 23: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 5 comments ok thank you :)

Marko Jankovic | 2 comments I am interested in writing a review, too, if tehre ar eany more free copies i 'd be grateful to have one.

message 25: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Charlotte wrote: "i would love to read this book and give you a review sounds like something i would enjoy xx"

Hi Charlotte. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I would love to send you a copy of the book in exchange for your honest review. Please send me a private message with your e-mail and the format that you prefer - mobi, e-pub or pdf.

message 26: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Marko wrote: "I am interested in writing a review, too, if tehre ar eany more free copies i 'd be grateful to have one."

Hi Marco. Thank you for posting here and sorry it took so long to reply to your message. I would love to send you a copy of the book in exchange for your honest review. Please send me a private message with your e-mail and the format that you prefer - mobi, e-pub or pdf.

message 27: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Given the renewed interest in the book, five more copies of the e-book are available for free in exchange for honest reviews here on Goodreads, on Amazon or on Smashwords. I will update the quantity as copies are given claimed. Thanks in advance for reading and reviewing!

message 28: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Marko wrote: "I am interested in writing a review, too, if tehre ar eany more free copies i 'd be grateful to have one."

Marko, your copy is on its way. Thank you!

message 29: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Charlotte wrote: "ok thank you :)"

Charlotte, the book is on its way. Thank You!

message 30: by Kate (new)

Kate | 5 comments I'd love to read and review the book if there are still copies left. The blurb sounds very intriguing.

message 31: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Kate wrote: "I'd love to read and review the book if there are still copies left. The blurb sounds very intriguing."

Hi Kate. Thanks for your interest in my novel. I'd be happy to send you a copy. Please send me a private message with your e-mail address and the format that you prefer - mobi, e-pub or pdf.

message 32: by E. (new)

Marko, thank you so much for posting your review!

message 33: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Kate wrote: "I'd love to read and review the book if there are still copies left. The blurb sounds very intriguing."

Kate, the .pdf copy you requested is on its way. Thank you!

message 34: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments For anyone interested in reading and reviewing the book, I have two more copies available.

I also wanted to mention that the book is on sale for $2.99 now through the end of June on Amazon, B&N, iTunes and Smashwords (and hopefully soon to be on sale on Kobo). More information on my blog: http://esummersbooks.blogspot.com/201...

If you read and liked the novel, please spread the word about the sale to your reading friends. Thanks! :)

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (SilentBirdy) | 4 comments Hey, I'd love to read your book, it sounds really interesting :)

message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate | 5 comments Hello!
My review is now officially posted to booklikes. Here's the link:

http://katelovesbooks.booklikes.com/p...

It was a great read!

message 37: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Kate wrote: "Hello!
My review is now officially posted to booklikes. Here's the link:

http://katelovesbooks.booklikes.com/p...

It was a great read!"
\

Hi Kate,

Mu apologies for being so late with this message and thanks so much for posting the review! I really appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

message 38: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Lauren wrote: "Hey, I'd love to read your book, it sounds really interesting :)"

Hi Lauren,

I'm so sorry I missed your post back in July. If you're still interested in reviewing the book, I'll be happy to send you a copy. PM me with the e-mail address where you'd like me to send the file and your preferred format (E-pub, mobi or .pdf) and I'll get it out to you ASAP.

message 39: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that in celebration of the anniversary of the publish date and the start of another #NaNOWRiMo, Beneath Angel's Wings is on sale for only 99 cents at the major US outlets (links below for your convenience).

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDHZ0OA
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/bene...
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/benea...

The sale is officially scheduled through tomorrow, November 7, but will probably last a little bit longer at B&N and Amazon because B&N is notoriously slow in changing the prices and Amazon is very good at matching the lowest price available.

If you enjoyed the book, please let other readers know about this limited time offer.

Also, I still have copies available for anyone who would like a free e-book in exchange for an honest review. I'm especially looking for readers willing to review on Amazon.com.

message 40: by Jay (new)

Jay Clark (jaydclark) | 488 comments E. wrote: "Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that in celebration of the anniversary of the publish date and the start of another #NaNOWRiMo, Beneath Angel's Wings is on sale for only ..."

I will probably buy it. The blurb immediately caught my interest.

message 41: by E. (new)

E. Summers (esummers) | 57 comments Jay D. wrote: "E. wrote: "Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that in celebration of the anniversary of the publish date and the start of another #NaNOWRiMo, Beneath Angel's Wings is on sal..."

I hope you enjoy it!

message 42: by Garry (new)

Garry Holden (gh8421) | 3 comments I would love to give this a read and then review, sounds like a great story from what I have read on here.