Haggard MS Book Club discussion

Story Time

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments Okay everyone, so I have an idea. This might completely fail, or be great. I don't know. So here it is: all of us write a story together. Someone tart the story in comments, or I will. Then keep it going! Add as many characters and details as you want, but try and connect everything so it makes sense. Write as much or little as you want. Just keep it going! Adios! Or really, hello, as this is just the beginning.

message 2: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments (Okay I know this is really stereotypical, but...)

Once upon a time, there was a person.

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments The person's name was froop, froop was a prince of greece he loved to read but his mother and father hated froop reading they thought that it mad him seem up in the clouds.So they banned all of Greece from reading. But froop loved reading he would not give it up for some
silly rule, so he decided to break his strict parents rules and have a secret stash of books in his closet, where the maids never looked.But one day......

message 4: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments He read an especially good book, and felt he needed to let someone know how good this particular one was. So he set off to find someone to tell...

message 5: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments The maids saw the books in the closet they didn't know what 2 do so they decided to tell.........

message 6: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments GASP

message 7: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Schnoebelen | 10 comments Only hours later, Froop's parents found out

message 8: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments And they decided to banish him! But when try went to his room, he was GONE

message 9: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments he had went to the far away land of prink. Although his parents didn't know! he tended his sheep now instead of being treated like a king he was well a pesant. try went on a quest to find froop. He vowed if it was the last thing he did he would find him. While froop was living as a peasant he met a young girl named..........

message 10: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments Patrisha. She loved to read just like froop. They instantly fell in love!

message 11: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Schnoebelen | 10 comments But there was another problem. Froop's parents had sent messengers to all of the surrounding lands, saying "If anyone sees or is seen with Froop, they are to be sent to prison IMMEDIATELY." So, Froop was ever on the run from all police, and his own family, who was looking for him.

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments He and Patrisha had decided to have a quiet wedding and then run of to india.

message 13: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Schnoebelen | 10 comments India was a terrible place. Everything they touched began crumbling, and the living conditions were horrid.

message 14: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments They still wanted to get married though, so they took a train to the outskirts of India and had a priest marry them.

message 15: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments but soon after international spies saw them and attacked. so they got the first ship to the mysterios place Hawii. But Patrisha was hurt her arm and rib. She began to have a fever of 104 they were very scared.

message 16: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments A boy on the ship saw we in pain and took Patricia to the ship's doctor. The doctor warned Patricia that she had an infection and the only way to cure her was if froop read her a book. But not just any book...

message 17: by Aaron (last edited Nov 17, 2013 05:44PM) (new)

Aaron Schnoebelen | 10 comments The Book of All Truths.

message 18: by Aaron (last edited Nov 17, 2013 05:48PM) (new)

Aaron Schnoebelen | 10 comments A book, that in order to read without driving you insane, you have to view it through fogged glass. A book, in fact, that takes more than a year to complete, even for the fastest reader. It is really a short book, but it has incomprehensible words like "ghiyayouenvn" and "coueyiblhue". Lots of them. Knowing all the words, it takes about 5 minutes. A book, that has to be pleased by its reader.

message 19: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments Reading the book alone, would be a feat of heroism, however, froop had to FIND the book first. It was rumored to be placed in the tomb of Harry Jones the third, who wrote the book. His grave was in an average sized town called Plano. At the moment, froop and Patricia were in the middle if the Pacific Ocean on a boat! And now they had to get all the way to Texas with a sick Patricia! Froop, discouraged, was about to give up when...

message 20: by Aaron (last edited Nov 18, 2013 02:29PM) (new)

Aaron Schnoebelen | 10 comments They hit the shore, and got to a hospital. The hospital provided money for a flight to Dallas, where they began their search.

message 21: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Schnoebelen | 10 comments The story so far:

Once upon a time, there was a person.
The person's name was froop, froop was a prince of greece he loved to read but his mother and father hated froop reading they thought that it mad him seem up in the clouds.So they banned all of Greece from reading. But froop loved reading he would not give it up for some
silly rule, so he decided to break his strict parents rules and have a secret stash of books in his closet, where the maids never looked.But one day......
He read an especially good book, and felt he needed to let someone know how good this particular one was. So he set off to find someone to tell...
The maids saw the books in the closet they didn't know what 2 do so they decided to tell......... GASP
Only hours later, Froop's parents found out, and they decided to banish him! But when try went to his room, he was GONE!
He had gone to the far away land of Prink, but his parents didn't know! He tended his sheep now instead of being treated like a king. He was well a pesant. Try went on a quest to find Froop. He vowed if it was the last thing he did he would find him. While Froop was living as a peasant he met a young girl named..........
Patrisha. She loved to read just like Froop. They instantly fell in love!
But there was another problem. Froop's parents had sent messengers to all of the surrounding lands, saying "If anyone sees or is seen with Froop, they are to be sent to prison IMMEDIATELY." So, Froop was ever on the run from all police, and his own family, who was looking for him.
He and Patrisha had decided to have a quiet wedding and then run of to India.
India was a terrible place. Everything they touched began crumbling, and the living conditions were horrid.
They still wanted to get married though, so they took a train to the outskirts of India and had a priest marry them.
But soon after international spies saw them and attacked, so they got the first ship to the mysterious place Hawaii. But Patrisha had hurt her arm and rib. She began to have a fever of 104 they were very scared.
A boy on the ship saw her in pain and took Patricia to the ship's doctor. The doctor warned Patricia that she had an infection and the only way to cure her was if Froop read her a book. But not just any book...
The Book of All Truths.
A book, that in order to read without driving you insane, you have to view it through fogged glass. A book, in fact, that takes more than a year to complete, even for the fastest reader. It is really a short book, but it has incomprehensible words like "ghiyayouenvn" and "coueyiblhue". Lots of them. Knowing all the words, it takes about 5 minutes. A book, that has to be pleased by its reader.
Reading the book alone, would be a feat of heroism, however, froop had to FIND the book first. It was rumored to be placed in the tomb of Harry Jones the third, who wrote the book. His grave was in an average sized town called Plano. At the moment, froop and Patricia were in the middle if the Pacific Ocean on a boat! And now they had to get all the way to Texas with a sick Patricia! Froop, discouraged, was about to give up when...
They hit the shore, and got to a hospital. The hospital provided money for a flight to Dallas, where they began their search.

message 22: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments Dallas was very different than India and Greece. They were confused and overwhelmed, but Patricia wAs still sick, so froop had to find the book! They took a bus to Plano where...

message 23: by Mrs.Bennett (new)

Mrs.Bennett | 2 comments Mod
What a great idea! Keep the story going!

message 24: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments They fond a lady named Aroug. She was a great writer and she was the author of the book of all truths!

message 25: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Schnoebelen | 10 comments But, when asked, she didn't know where the book was. "Besides," she said. "Why would anyone want to read that thing? It's horrible."

message 26: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments THE STORY OF AROUG

When froop talked to Aroug about the book she said that she didn't remember where she hid the book.

The story of Aroug-''When I was a kid I loved to write books jornals any thing I could get my hands on. Then one day I wrote a book called The book of all truths. Then some spys came from, hum let me see, oh! Greece. they asked for the book so I hid it. But i can't put my finger on where!'' well thank u for your help said froop.

message 27: by Sar (new)

Sar (orangesapling) | 35 comments But inside he was very frustrated. Patricia was sick and getting worse! He decided the next step would be to go to a museum in hopes Ty would have the book. He tried many museums, all failing, when Patricia fell too ill to keep traveling. Crestfallen, he took her to the hospital. They gave the same diagnosis as did the ship doctor. The same answer: the book of truths. However, as froop was sitting in the waiting room, a man walked out of te shadows. He whispered in froops ear, "I know where the book is. But first you must do something for me. Something only an innocent man can do. Break into a tomb to find the book of truth's brother: the book of lies."

message 28: by Rose (new)

Rose | 12 comments Froop wispered back WHat do you mean the Book of lies? where do you find his brother? But the man was already gone.Froop could not rest that night. he needed to find more information. Patricia was getting sicker by the minute. Her fever was now 135!!!!!!!!He went to the nearest computer. He found out the old man was the brother of the man! But how could the two brothers be so different and live in the same but write oppisite books? He wanted to learn more about this Misterious man but he was to tyred. He thought for a moment had all this adventure been about books? he was too tyered to think any more he fell asleep.

message 29: by Anna (new)

Anna (tribute_swiftie) | 22 comments Then out of nowhere, out pops a giant man-whale. Remember that you need to feed it on a regular basis and that giant man-whales have feelings too.