Phillipa Gregory - Tudor Era Novels discussion

Who is your favorite character?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie (goodreadscomuser_mariedesantis) | 9 comments Who is your favorite character in the Philippa Gregory books?

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie (goodreadscomuser_mariedesantis) | 9 comments My favorite character is Elizabeth Woodville so far...

message 3: by Liza (new)

Liza | 7 comments I agree! I think she had such a strong, mystical quality to her.

I watched The White Queen on tv and it only made me want to reread the entire series! I liked Elizabeth best on tv and in the books.

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie (goodreadscomuser_mariedesantis) | 9 comments Liza wrote: "I agree! I think she had such a strong, mystical quality to her.

I watched The White Queen on tv and it only made me want to reread the entire series! I liked Elizabeth best on tv and in the bo..."

Really? I want to see The White Queen on TV but I missed the first season. Do you know if there is any link to watch it on you tube? I didn't find the episodes. :(

message 5: by Liza (new)

Liza | 7 comments It was on the BBC I think, and Starz in the US. I'm not sure if it will be on youtube, but probably on hulu or netflix!

message 6: by Marie (new)

Marie (goodreadscomuser_mariedesantis) | 9 comments I just finished The Red Queen and Margaret Beaufort is very interesting and ambitious too. It was intersting to see the War of the Roses on the Lancaster side.

message 7: by Celia (new)

Celia Conrad | 3 comments I think that Elizabeth Woodville has that romantic pull in that she was beautiful and strong and captured the heart of a King, but Margaret Beaufort fascinates me the most because she really did have the most extraordinary life and was a very shrewd woman - in the days when women really had so little power she achieved her goal.

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie (goodreadscomuser_mariedesantis) | 9 comments Celia, this is exactly how I feel about Margaret Beaufort.
I read almost all the books in the Cousins War series and I am very fond of the Neville sisters, Isabel and Anne. I like Margaret of Anjou but only on The Lady of the Rivers. After, when she became Anne Neville's mother-in-law, I didn't like her so much...

message 9: by Celia (new)

Celia Conrad | 3 comments Lucrezia wrote: "Celia, this is exactly how I feel about Margaret Beaufort.
I read almost all the books in the Cousins War series and I am very fond of the Neville sisters, Isabel and Anne. I like Margaret of Anjou..."

Hi Lucrezia

Yes, you're right - the Neville sisters are very interesting particularly Anne because she married Richard. In some ways I think she is overlooked because she was Queen for such a short time. I tried to do some research on her and there's only one 'image' of her so she's a bit elusive which probably adds to her mystique!

Very best
Celia

message 10: by Mereo (new)

Mereo Books (mereobooks) | 4 comments I just saw this press release on the London Book Fair website about The White Queen (Anne Neville) being republished in late 2014 under the Mereo Books imprint and retitled The White Queen of Middleham.

http://www.londonbookfair.co.uk/en/fi...