Urban Fantasy discussion

UF BOOK CHAT > Night Huntress help

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 9 comments Okay I've just finished reading all six books in two days and now I'm gagging for a relationship that Is similar that I can drown in lol
What I want...
1. A series
2. The same characters throughout
3. Adult not YA
4. Preferably some sexy scenes lol

Anyone got any recs?

message 2: by Mark (last edited Nov 17, 2013 05:33AM) (new)

Mark | 71 comments Try the kate daniels series. Ilona Andrews

Devon Monk Faith Hunter Lilith Saintcrow

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) I'll second the Kate Daniels series and don't give up on book one... They just get better and better

The Elder Races by Thea Harrison is a good one...while you have the same characters throughout each book focuses on different characters
Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2) by Thea Harrison Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3) by Thea Harrison Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4) by Thea Harrison Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5) by Thea Harrison Kinked (Elder Races, #6) by Thea Harrison

Another on if you have not already read it is the Morgan Kingsly series The Devil Inside (Morgan Kingsley, #1) by Jenna Black

message 4: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 36 comments I third Kate Daniels. :)

message 5: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Fourth for Kate Daniels, lol (but I will recommend the other series, The Edge too)

Try Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake . Same characters, very much alike Night Huntress (I think the heroine is more likable than Cat first), also even no sex scene in book #1, there's was in #2

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments Nalini Singh's Angel series is mostly the same characters for most of the books. First book Angels' Blood

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 367 comments Triple on the Kate Daniels series as well as Guild Hunter (Nalini Singh's Angel series)

I would also suggest
the Fever series
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

message 8: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 9 comments I can't get into Kate Daniels for some reason I think it's my preconceived notion on what a vampire should be like lol I'm currently reading the Sierra Dean Secret series but the jury is out on whether I like it or not because there are just too many love interests lol

message 9: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 9 comments I didn't like the first book in the elder race the writing felt horribly juvenile :(

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 367 comments @Jodie
I am sad to hear Kate Daniels did not work for you. I still stand by the Fever series but in addition have you tried Chicagoland vampires?

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5) by Chloe Neill

message 11: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 9 comments I'm coming down from the biggest disappointment ( I think I'll need to post about it and the secret McQueen series lol) I might just reread cat again hehe

message 12: by Tasula (new)

Tasula | 150 comments Night Huntress is a great series- hits all the right buttons. You might want to look at these if you haven't read their books:
Karen Chance- the Midnight's Daughter series
Diana Rowland- the Demon series (although the White Trash Zombie series is hilarious fun)
Jennifer Rardin
Patricia Briggs- Moon Called
Keri Arthur- more PNR than UF, but still good
Kresley Cole- more PNR than UF
Lilith Saintcrow- Working for the Devil

Margo - Putting the Mmmmmm back in Menage | 15 comments Does it have to vampires or are you open to other supernatural creatures? If you are, then definitely the Kate Daniels series. Also, Bitten with werewolves. Patricia Briggs Moon Called AND Cry Wolf. Cry Wolf has faster relationship development instead of being over several books before you get to the good part like Kate Daniels, Moon Called, etc.

message 14: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 9 comments Hi Margo, I'm up for anything pn or uf. Werewolves shifters vampires fae etc :) I can't get into Kate Daniels but I'm reading Mercy Thompson right now although it's not very adult and feels abit Ya

message 15: by Davena (new)

Davena | 28 comments Jodie wrote: "I can't get into Kate Daniels for some reason I think it's my preconceived notion on what a vampire should be like lol I'm currently reading the Sierra Dean Secret series but the jury is out on whe..."

I 2nd that... I have tried about 3x and for reason the can't get into the 1st book of the Kate Daniels series :-(

I definitely suggest the Fever series by KMM, amazing and makes you accept the unknown!!
I liked the Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) by Stacia Kane Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4) by Stacia Kane Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5) by Stacia Kane but you really have to be prepared for a f**ked up herione.
I would also try Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2) by Suzanne Wright , awesome sex scenes and dialogue is hilarious