Maria V. Snyder Lovers discussion

General Chat > Which books would you like to see in the movies

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nithya (new)

Nithya | 24 comments Which books of Maria v snyders do you want or not want to be in a movie and why or why not?

message 2: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 620 comments Mod
Since I love the whole Ixia/Sitia sage a part of me loves to see them translated into movies.
But there is a huge chance the cast isn't the same as the characters that I've gotten to know and love over the past years. (hell my vision of valek is totally different from the vision everyone else has of him!)
But I'd still be excited for Maria! The honor of having your story published is huge! And I hope It'd enhance her fan base!
So I'd love it if there would be Study movies. I'd watch them (opening night) and be excited about it. but I wouldn't have real high expectations.
(same goes for the Healer series, btw)

Now Inside Out/Outside in would be a totally different story. I think it would be perfect for the big screen!

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie R (magiccircle) | 28 comments That's so weird Renee!
I was going to say Inside Out/Outside In, too!

I thought that they would be, mostly, an unpopular choice for movies, as the fantasy books are waaaay more well known and loved; but for some reason, while I was reading Inside Out, I had this really vivid picture in my mind of it being made into a film!
I just think that those books would translate well and I can picture a successful sci-fi cult following, like the Cube movies. :))

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky | 500 comments The only way I would be happy with any of the books becoming films is if Maria picked everything! And wrote the script.

message 5: by Nithya (new)

Nithya | 24 comments That's true
I mean if the book and movies were different I would die.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky | 500 comments Plus I'd be worried that some of my favourite quotes wouldn't be in the films, which is exactly what happened with The Hunger Games!

message 7: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 620 comments Mod
My gave quote was in them! The favorite color quote!

message 8: by Nithya (new)

Nithya | 24 comments if ari and Janco don't say the same quotes in the movies that would be terrifying and if Janco doesn't do his rhymes while fighting..... oh god I will die.
but I still would love to see any of Maria's books in the movies, even though the pictures of the charecters in my mind would be way different in the movies I still would enjoy it