Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Linking to Author's Profile

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah - Books to Breathe (bookstobreathe) | 16 comments I have created a book for a debut author. How do I link the book to her personal GR account so she has credit as being the author and will receive any notifications for it? I have searched high and low and cannot figure it out. Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Cait (last edited Nov 16, 2013 07:09PM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Go to the author profile page, scroll down to the bottom, and look for the text "Is this you? Let us know. If not, help out and invite [name] to Goodreads." This will give you a link which you can send to the author; she will need to claim the author profile herself, which can take a few days. (There is no automatic link by anyone other than the author; people who are authors are not required to join the author program, after all.)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah - Books to Breathe (bookstobreathe) | 16 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Sarah wrote: "Thank you!"

If you are referring to K. Benson then you should have added the book using the author name on the cover, Kate Benson. In any event I have changed it to Kate^^Benson with two spaces to disambiguate her from other Kate Bensons on Goodreads.
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah - Books to Breathe (bookstobreathe) | 16 comments Yes. That was the one I added. I started to add Kate Benson, but when I saw there already was another one, I went with K. Now that I am familiar with the process, it won't be a problem in the future. Thank you for the help!

message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Sarah wrote: "Yes. That was the one I added. I started to add Kate Benson, but when I saw there already was another one, I went with K. Now that I am familiar with the process, it won't be a problem in the future. Thank you for the help! "

No worries. Don't forget to give Kate the link to the correct profile or she could claim the wrong one.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah - Books to Breathe (bookstobreathe) | 16 comments I did. Once I found where that place was at the bottom of the page, I sent her the link and instructed her what to do.