Manga & Anime Lovers discussion

Anime/Manga > Do you have any favourite authors?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karolina (new)

Karolina | 172 comments Mod
What are your favourite authors of anime/manga?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

hiro mashima,eiichiro oda, and kazue kato

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments There are several authors that I love! Among my favorites are Shizuru Seino, Rie Takada, Natsumi Ando, Bisco Hatori, & Arina Tanemura

message 5: by Yata (new)

Yata  Misaki (grayfullbuster) | 32 comments Hiro Mashima

message 6: by Dimensional (new)

Dimensional Shambler | 1 comments I Don't have one I have many:
CLAMP, Hiro Mashima, Yuyuko Takemiya, Peach-Pit, Kohta Hirano, Mizuki Nomura, Miyuki Eto, Magica Quartet, Masaki Hiramatsu, Kazuma Kamachi, Hajime Isayama, Tsugumi Ohba, Nisioisin, M, Nico Tanigawa, Nico Tanigawa, Yomi Hirasaka, Nagaru Tanigawa, Atsushi Ohkubo, Puyo, Isuna Hasekura, Kazue Kato, Masashi Kishimoto, kakifly and Kagami Yoshimizu.

Hope that there is more to come!

message 7: by Chelsea (last edited Dec 23, 2013 10:29AM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments S-Tier wrote: "I Don't have one I have many:
CLAMP, Hiro Mashima, Yuyuko Takemiya, Peach-Pit, Kohta Hirano, Mizuki Nomura, Miyuki Eto, Magica Quartet, Masaki Hiramatsu, Kazuma Kamachi, Hajime Isayama, Tsugumi Ohb..."

I agree that it is hard to pick just one favorite, I had trouble listing my top 5 here!

message 8: by Boojum (new)

Boojum | 6 comments For now, I only have one: Matsuri Hino, author of the Vampire Night series.

message 9: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Boojum wrote: "For now, I only have one: Matsuri Hino, author of the Vampire Night series."

I have read a few manga by Matsuri Hino that I have really liked but I have not read Vampire Night. Her manga Wanted was really good.

message 10: by Anaika (last edited Jan 06, 2014 12:24AM) (new)

Anaika So far my favorites would have to be karuho Shiina( kimi ni todoke/ From me To You), kanae Hazuki( Say I Love You/ Suki-tte Ii na you) and Clamp( Cardcaptor Sakura) because I would most definitely purchase them if I had the chance, :D Same goes for the animes of all three and I own the two Cardcaptor Sakura movies(my mom paid an arm and a leg for them) I didn't know they would cost that much^^

message 11: by Nyie (new)

Nyie Rombeng | 6 comments I like clamp,naoko takeuchi,toru fujisawara,jin kobayashi&yuho ashibe:)

message 12: by Ash (new)

Ash | 271 comments Like a lot of everyone else who answered, I have quite a few favorite authors. Currently I am obsessed with Clamp.

message 13: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Varnell | 162 comments I don't really have what I would call a favorite author. There are so many authors out there that I like: Clamp, Hiro Mashima, Masaki Hiramatsu, Tsugumi Ohba, Datto Nishiwaki... asking me to pick just one author is like asking me what my favorite anime is; there are simply too many that I love to pick.

message 14: by Lára (last edited Feb 20, 2015 04:21PM) (new)

Lára  | 184 comments I don´t have one because I forget their names even before they finish their series, if they finish them at all, that´s it. One point for a dead writer, of series of course, (no matter if manga or fiction) ;)

message 15: by InuLover (new)

InuLover (sango) | 45 comments I love Rumiku Takahashi(InuYasha and Ranma 1/2)

message 16: by InuLover (new)

InuLover (sango) | 45 comments and Hiro Mashima( Fairy Tail is AWESOME!!!!!!!)

Sonebiyinepu (they/them) *bamf* Hoshino! (creature of D. gray-Man) loves her much~

message 18: by Boojum (new)

Boojum | 6 comments Chelsea wrote: "Boojum wrote: "For now, I only have one: Matsuri Hino, author of the Vampire Night series."

I have read a few manga by Matsuri Hino that I have really liked but I have not read Vampire Night. Her ..."

Fun!!! Will check it out. Also, I've taken up a love with Arina Tanemura, who wrote Gentlemen's alliance cross, among many other amazing series. Miyoshi Tomori with A Devil And Her Love Song, Rinko Ueda and the absolutely amazing series Stepping on Roses, Chitose Yagami with Fall in Love Like a Comic, Kyousuke Motomi with Dengeki Daisy, Kiyo Fujiwara with Wild Ones, and Touya Tokina with Jiu Jiu are all wonderful. Bisco Hatori has also captured my attention with Ouran High School Host Club. All of these are very highly suggested. ☺

message 19: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 184 comments Yana Toboso and Takarai Rihito. They never fail to amaze me.

message 20: by Apple (new)

Apple | 5 comments I like Hiro Mashima!

message 21: by Will (new)

Will Robinson Jr. | 66 comments Akira Toriyama , Yoshihiro Togashi, and Nobuyuki Anzai.

message 22: by LilyYizzy (new)

LilyYizzy Tahashi  | 6 comments Eiichiro Oda, Tite Kubo, and some others I can't think of right now lol

message 23: by Maddy (new)

Maddy (maddykobar) | 1 comments I'm a huge fan of CLAMP and I really like Yuu Watase too. I've been reading a lot of Fushigi Yugi lately.

message 24: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 48 comments Adachitoka, Rumiko Takahashi, Hiro Mashima

message 25: by Kat (new)

Kat (sailercat) Arina Tanemura!

message 27: by Dee (last edited Aug 11, 2017 11:10AM) (new)

Dee | 30 comments Well first, there are the three obvious ones for me:
- Yoshihiro Togashi (Though it would be nice to have less hiatus times and more actual chapters, because we all wish to know how things will end before dying lol)
- Eiichiro Oda for his limitless imagination and the huuuge work ethics and discipline
- Akira Toriyama (enough said)

Then there are the others ones who made an impact:
Hirohiko Araki, Katsura Hoshino, Hiromu Arakawa, Adachitoka, Hajime Isayama, Old Xian, Takarai Rihito, Shinobu Ohtaka, Jun Mochizuki, Yana Toboso, Hinako Takanaga, Akira Minazuki...And so many more!!!

message 28: by Nusaiba (new)

Nusaiba Nawar | 2 comments Naoki Urasawa and Junji Ito

message 29: by Pinkypie (new)

Pinkypie | 6 comments My favorite authors are Stan Lee , Sui Ishida , Akira Toriyama , and Yana Toboso
there is more but that will be a very long list