Jules Verne discussion

General > Favorite Jules Verne film

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments 20,000 Leagues under the Sea.James Mason as Captain Nemo.None will ever match him.He dominated that movie.As Nemo did in the novel!

message 2: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments Another favorite is Journey to the Center of the Earth.James Mason does a great job, again.As an unlovable professor,(not really).Special effects are primitive(made in 1959).By to days standards.But the film, is fun to see.

message 3: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments Mysterious Island.Is also fine.But not much of its plot.Comes from the book.

message 4: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments The Castaways,with Hayley Mills.Great fun!

message 5: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments Five Weeks in a Balloon.Jules Verne's first successful novel.Is also entertaining.

message 6: by Henry (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:47AM) (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments But also,Master of the World.With its strange flying machine.Is a lot of pure entertainment.

message 7: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments From the Earth to the Moon,not bad.

message 8: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments Michael Strogoff is good too.

message 9: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments Of course, Around the World in 80 Days,is sensational...

message 10: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments How have I forgotten,The Light at the Edge of the World!

message 11: by Henry (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 23 comments Yes,Meghan,one of my favorites.Mason was always great..

message 12: by Vesa (new)

Vesa | 1 comments Journey to the center of the Earth from the 50s and Disney's 20,000 leagues.

There are also two great tv series based on Mysterious Island. One from the 70s starring Omar Sharif and the other form mid-nineties, although it is only very loosely inspired by the book.

message 13: by Charity (new)

Charity I've been watching all the movie made of 'Around the World in Eighty Days', I'll not sure witch is my favorite yet. I only found three versions so far.