Mount TBR 2014 Challenge discussion

Level 3: Mt. Vancouver (36) > Cathy's Mt Vancouver list

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments A great opportunity to tackle the stacks in the corner of the bedroom... and let's just whisper that there are a LOT of books on my Kindle
I'll add them as I read.

message 2: by Bev (new)

Bev | 444 comments Mod
Good luck with Mt. Vancouver!

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Happy New Year! A day off where it's icy cold outside? Great day to read!

1. The Double by George Pelecanos Pelecanos, George

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments FInally finished In The Woods by Tana French In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French

message 5: by Barbarac (new)

Barbarac (bcb72) | 98 comments Cathy wrote: "FInally finished In The Woods by Tana French In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French"
Did you like it? I have read the second book in this series and I'm debating whether to go back to the first one.

message 6: by Elle (last edited Jan 15, 2014 02:14PM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) You know I think have In The Woods on my Kindle.. It's bad that I can't remember if I do or not!!

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Barbarac wrote: "Cathy wrote: "FInally finished In The Woods by Tana French In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French"
Did you like it? I have read the second book in this series and I'm debating whether to go back to the f..."

I did this same thing - read and liked the second book and backed up to read this one. I liked it but it moves very slowly. I got impatient with the detective/narrator toward the end. Cassie is a much stronger character so no surprise she's featured in the second book :)
And is it awful that I also "buy" books only to have Amazon tell me I already purchased it?

message 8: by Barbarac (new)

Barbarac (bcb72) | 98 comments Cathy wrote: "Barbarac wrote: "Cathy wrote: "FInally finished In The Woods by Tana French In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French"
Did you like it? I have read the second book in this series and I'm debating whether to..."

Interesting, I thought the second book moved also very slowly, but still liked it because of Cassie.

I have bought a couple of books like that, but now for Kindle books, Amazon warns you on the top of the book page if you've already purchased it. Thank goodness.

message 9: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Finished Second Shot (Charlie Fox Thriller, #6) by Zoë Sharp by Zoe Sharp

message 10: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments I read a new author, one of Entangled Ignite's new releases.
Angeli by Jody Wallace

message 11: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Cathy wrote: "I read a new author, one of Entangled Ignite's new releases.
Angeli by Jody Wallace"

I can find the link for Angeli to add it to my books on my page, but can't get it to come up here. It just released so maybe that is the issue.

message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Finished Let it Burn by Steve Hamilton. I didn't realize this was a series until the #10 popped up when I added it. A good stand alone story and from what I see in the Goodread reviews, it's a good intro to the series.
Now if I was adding to my mountain instead of working it down...

message 13: by Cathy (last edited Feb 02, 2014 11:19AM) (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Hmm, beginning to think I should've picked a higher mountain for this challenge, but the weather is keeping me inside and I'd rather read than watch TV :)

message 14: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Finished The Color Of Water In July by Nora Carroll by Nora Carroll

C.  (Never msg.  Just comment!  Email if private.) (riedel) Many of us choose slightly lower mountains to guarantee we ascend our goals all the way. Then we up the anti. :) Carolyn.

message 16: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments C. wrote: "Many of us choose slightly lower mountains to guarantee we ascend our goals all the way. Then we up the anti. :) Carolyn."

This is my first year trying this challenge, so yep, a total guess.

message 18: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments The first in a series; not sure I'll continue with it. Until Proven Guilty by J.A. Jance

message 19: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Honeymoons Can Be Murder by Connie Shelton finished it over the weekend

message 20: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Acts of Nature By Jonathon King

message 21: by Cathy (last edited Mar 12, 2014 02:02PM) (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Finished book #11 today: Deceived by Randy Wayne White

message 22: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Book #12 Got Your Number by Stephanie Bond

message 23: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Book #13 - an audio I've been listening to for a while when I walk the dogs. The Deepest Water by Kate Wilhelm I liked several of her other books but struggled with this one. It was pretty obvious who the killer/villain was so I read it for the family dynamics.

C.  (Never msg.  Just comment!  Email if private.) (riedel) I have her haunted-looking one, "Skeleton", which I hope proves to be excellent. I don't know if your pooches' stroll was nocturnal but I wonder how it would feel to listen to a scary mystery while turning corners!

message 25: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments C. wrote: "I have her haunted-looking one, "Skeleton", which I hope proves to be excellent. I don't know if your pooches' stroll was nocturnal but I wonder how it would feel to listen to a scary mystery whil..."

I haven't read that one yet. I've read several of the Barbara Holloway ones and liked them. Re the nocturnal strolls, they're big dogs :)

message 26: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Book #14 - Gluten for Punishment by Nancy Parra. I enjoyed this one - more plot than I usually see with a cozy. I liked the main character. If I didn't have (shhh) way too many books still piled in the corner, I'd look for the next one in the series.

message 27: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Oops, forgot to post over here. #15, Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich
"Stephanie" goes to Miami and Cuba
But it was fun :)
And I like Hooker a lot more than Morelli or Ranger

message 28: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #16 Murder under Cover Would have been a much better book without all the juvenile, 'he likes me and he's so cool and mysterious and hot.'

message 29: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments 17 Death's Half Acre by Margaret Maron. I always enjoy her books :)

message 30: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments 18 Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr.

Double duty here since this was the book of the month for another group I'm in :)

message 31: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments 19 Rules of Deception by Christopher Reich; I haven't read a political thriller in a while. This one had me guessing who, if anybody, were the good guys right up to the end.

message 32: by Cathy (last edited Aug 07, 2014 10:05PM) (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments 20 - The Heist By Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg
A fun caper/con; first in a series

message 33: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Oh I'm so behind... not sure how many belong on this list.
Okay
Here's 21 - The Boy in the Suitcase

message 34: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #22 - The Edge of Doom by Amanda Cross

message 36: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #24 Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
This took a while to "get into" but I'm glad I stuck with it

message 37: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments I've "sinned" and read a number that were (shh!) "new" instead of off the mountain.
Catching up on reporting
#25 The Broken Places

message 38: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments and #26 - this one may be new...
Susan Elizabeth Phillips's Heroes Are My Weakness

message 39: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #27 - really enjoyed this one!
Book of Shadows by Alexandra Sokoloff

message 40: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #28 The Light in the Ruins by Chris Bohjalian

Finally finished this one...

message 43: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #31 W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton

message 44: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #32 Out of the Blackout by Robert Barnard

message 45: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #33 The Innocent Sleep by Kate Perry

message 46: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #34 Charm City by Laura Lippman

message 47: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments #35 Death al Dente Leslie Bedewitz

message 48: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 46 comments Woo-Hoo! I did it! Finished the 2014 Mt TBR Challenge :)

#36 - In Harm's Way by Ridley Pearson

message 49: by Nell (new)

Nell Congratulations Cathy!

message 50: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Great job!!

« previous 1