What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Wedding cake or dress series

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherry (new)

Cherry | 28 comments I'm looking for the title of the book I've read a preview before, but can't remember it. I think its part of a series of wedding cake or dress, not totally sure which is which. The setting is america. please help!

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 610 comments When did you read the preview? Was it romance? The book you read it in - was it old or new?

message 3: by Cherry (new)

Cherry | 28 comments It's romance. It's been years since I've the preview. But it's been nagging me now to find and read it. It's an old book. the time setting of the book is around early to mid 1900's or something.

message 4: by rebecca j (new)

rebecca j (technophobe) | 12 comments Nora Roberts has a series of four books about friends who run a wedding business. Maybe that's it?

message 5: by Cherry (new)

Cherry | 28 comments Nope. I'm sure it's not Nora Robert who wrote it. And it's not a business but the story revolve around the dress or cake, not sure which, and apparently a curse or something, which I can't remember what exactly. Sorry.. But thank you! ^_^

message 6: by Serendi (new)

Serendi Off the wall, but Great Expectations? Miss Havisham has never let go after being left at the altar, IIRC.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I was going to say that there is also a series of mysteries where the "detective" is a wedding planner.

Also, the Chintz 'n China (another mystery series) has one of the books dealing with a cursed necklace, called the Bride's Circlet or something similar.

Are there any paranormal elements to it? I seem to vaguely remember a series where the mc in the first book is a baker who is able to "enchant" her food items and she does wedding cakes. . .

message 8: by Cherry (new)

Cherry | 28 comments not actual curse.. but people gossip that it has some curse or something in the cake or dress, and they say that when you have this something will happened, bad or good I'm not sure..

message 9: by Cherry (new)

Cherry | 28 comments bump!

message 10: by Pisceschick (new)

Pisceschick | 2 comments Is it the Bad Luck Brides books by Geralyn Dawson?

The first book is "The Bad Luck Wedding Dress," and the second is "The Bad Luck Wedding Dress." They're historical westerns, originally released by Harlequin.

message 11: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
The Bad Luck Wedding Dress click for book 1 and The Bad Luck Wedding Cake for the click for the second book that Pisceschick suggested.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Cherry, are you still looking for this?

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
No response from Cherry in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.