Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

The House of Velvet and Glass
This topic is about The House of Velvet and Glass
Other Authors, Books or Groups > The House of Velvet and Glass

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 6034 comments Mod
Karen & I will be reading The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe. If anyone is interested in joining us please post here. thanks

I will be starting tonight - I apologize for the delay :-)

message 3: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments No apology necessary.

This book is really boring so far :-(

message 5: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments Dustin, I didn't want to say it but I was thinking the same thing. I keep waiting for that element of the supernatural to come up. After re-reading the book description I do believe it will eventually appear. However, there is no way I am going to be preferring to read this over the two December Koontz reads. But I promised myself to show restraint and not begin Wilderness until the first of the month, so I will try a little more today/tonight. I also ended up starting (for about the third time) The Reading Promise and am laughing a lot with that and want to keep going in that. The little 9 year old thinking is calling to the child in me.

I would like some magical witchcraft.

message 7: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments Well there is the crystal ball ... but it hasn't gotten to the "paranormal" yet and I am about ready to give up. After all, it IS December 1, so I can begin Wilderness

Yes. I have high hopes for the Crystal Ball. I am only just past the prologue and in the prologue the words "Magical" and "Mysterious" were used so that also gives me hope :-)

I need to read Wilderness also if I can figure out how to download it onto my computer. I don't typically do ebooks for Dean Koontz, I'm willing to make an exception occasionally.

message 9: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments oh my gosh ... this book just got sooo good. It takes a lot of patience to get to the good parts but there was just a sudden revelation. I couldn't sleep last night so I read some more and then today I decided I'd continue the book. I had to tear myself away from the book to type this post. I'm not sure if for some it is worth wading through about the first 40% before it gets interesting and now to about 60% where it is riveting to me. I vaguely remember the Physick Book as having a slow start too. I am so glad I forced myself to go beyond the first 1/3 of the book!

You have given me hope :-)