DCRP (Drinking Club with a Reading Problem) discussion

American Gods (American Gods, #1)
This topic is about American Gods
Current Book - Nov/Dec 2013

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christine | 23 comments Mod
Our current book is American Gods by Neil Gaiman. See you all sometime after the new year to discuss.

Bryan Jourdonnais | 2 comments We sort of let our 'next' meet up fall away, and wanted to give everyone some holiday recovery before bringing up the next possible get together.

message 3: by Christine (last edited Jan 15, 2014 06:10PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

We probably should start throwing out some dates for our next meeting since we haven't gotten together since October/November 2012. The next 2 weeks are pretty busy for me. Sunday Feb 2 is Superbowl and I'm hoping to be watching my 49ers win! What are your feelings on the following dates?
Saturday Feb. 1
Saturday Feb 8
Sunday Feb 9

We will be discussing American Gods by Neil Gaiman. <-- Who brought this selection?

It's been a while since I've brought selections, so I will be happy to be next.

A few of you on the email list have not joined in a while or are still new. Feel free to join in anytime. It's perfectly fine if you have not read the book we are meeting about. We are just a group of friends who have made an excuse to make newer friends and meet up every 6 weeks or so. We have no rules. Don't be shy. Come join us! Bring a friend *:-B nerd

Bryan Jourdonnais | 2 comments Thanks Christine! Either the 8th or the 9th work well for us.

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie Dickson | 1 comments Hi All, the 8th or 9th works for me as well.

So it seems that everyone is ok with next weekend so I am going to set it for Saturday 2/8 at 3pm. For the boys, I'd like for us to meet at the Capitola Library Park. 2005 Wharf Rd, Capitola. Gavin and Mason have been part of our club since before they were born, and I think it's time we gave them a location to enjoy, instead of dragging them to restaurants and bars where they are forced to behave like adults. If the weather is lousy and it rains (lets all hope), we can move it inside. Bring a blanket or your chairs if you prefer. We will be discussing American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I will bring some selections for our next read.

Michele, I will bring my laptop for Skype. I will have to download it beforehand, so if you can email me privately with your account or whatever I need to make that happen.

I look forward to seeing you all there, it's been too long.

Christine