Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2) Endless Knight discussion

Jack or Aric aka Death

Comments Showing 1-50 of 192 (192 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Kris (last edited Dec 17, 2013 06:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Harte To me its a no brainier. Evie should pick Death. I mean come Jack is a total lying jackass. Death loves Evie like really does, she'd life and he's death. They were made for each other. Yes Death is doing so questionable things but Jack has done more. Everything Death had done was for Evie. Jack jut wants to get in her pants again.

Samantha I don't know if he really loves her though! How do we know he doesn't just love her because he knows shes the only one he can be with???

Dani To me, Death deserves her more. True, we don't know for certain that he only loves her because she's the only woman he can touch, but they have more chemistry and personality together. Evie said herself, "Jack and I do better when we don't talk." and she and Death can actually have a conversation. And intellectual ones at that. I think that Death can make her a better person too.

message 4: by Natalia (new) - added it

Natalia Jackson, without a doubt! And I hate that wretched love triangle (but then, I hate love triangles in general). Kresley Cole shouldn't have even gone there. Don't Evie and Jackson have enough to deal with as it is: the apocalypse, the Game, cannibals, bagmen, rapey militia and army, etc. And now Evie is going to be just like Bella Swan, torn between two guys.
You know why Evie and Jackson never had an intellectual conversation? Because they were always on the run. Fighting for your life every freaking day for months doesn't actually make for a good place for discussions of art and books. Their life was all about survival. They barely have anything to eat. Yes, they are from different cultures, but Jackson is a smart guy and I'm sure once they were done with the Game one way or another and settled down somewhere (maybe he even would have rebuilt Haven like he promised to), they would have plenty of time for conversations.

Samantha i agree! jackson and evie never have time to talk... death has this big house where they can be safe which is a plus.. but only reason they can talk.

remember how he made her walk in the cold and let her fall n get hurt a bunch? ugh.

Tracey Jackson, all the way. He has put himself in harm's way, struggled to keep Evie safe (and Matthew), literally watched over her when she slept, admits his faults and is actively working on them. The "revelations" about Jack are not a deal breaker for me. There is no way Evie's Mom didn't "persuade" Jack to help her out knowing this was the only way to save Evie.

I found Death manipulative and a bit of a dandy. And when you are stocked to the gills with supplies and live in a fortified manor house, well you have the luxury of discussing art and history, now don't you?

I was a bit disappointed in Evie, actually. Seems the one's she left behind suffered greatly while she practiced ballet, ate like a queen and mooned over the guy holding her captive.

message 7: by MissIntegrity (last edited Nov 24, 2013 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MissIntegrity I was kind of shocked when she (view spoiler) Aric

Aric never lied though...

Kris Harte Tracey wrote: "Jackson, all the way. He has put himself in harm's way, struggled to keep Evie safe (and Matthew), literally watched over her when she slept, admits his faults and is actively working on them. The..."

If I was in Evie position I would do the same thing. No point me dying lol

Tracey Kris wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Jackson, all the way. He has put himself in harm's way, struggled to keep Evie safe (and Matthew), literally watched over her when she slept, admits his faults and is actively worki..."

LOL! Too true! I guess we can call her pragmatic!

Samantha Tracey wrote: "Jackson, all the way. He has put himself in harm's way, struggled to keep Evie safe (and Matthew), literally watched over her when she slept, admits his faults and is actively working on them. The..."

I'm completely for Jackson. But I don't think Evie had much choice to be there! :)

Tracey Samantha wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Jackson, all the way. He has put himself in harm's way, struggled to keep Evie safe (and Matthew), literally watched over her when she slept, admits his faults and is actively worki..."

I suppose you're right. I guess I so thoroughly dislike the love triangle (in any book) that I can't be objective!

message 12: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Harte Tracey wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Jackson, all the way. He has put himself in harm's way, struggled to keep Evie safe (and Matthew), literally watched over her when she slept, admits his faults and ..."

Technically to me both Jackson and Aris are dicks okay. They both done bad stuff but also good(depending on your definition). Though they both don't like letting Evie think for herself and tend to dictate her.

Samantha i think death is worse about letter her think for herself! ha

yeah i hate love triangles too.
I get so annoyed when the main characters don't actually tell their feelings forever...
but then i read a book where the main characters got together right away and I got bored and quit in the middle of the book!

message 14: by ight imma (last edited Dec 01, 2013 10:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ight imma head out Death, she should pick Death I just have this nagging feeling with Jackson I didn't really connect with Jackson but Death I understand him and plus he IS her husband. My heart broke for him when I realized that she had sex with Jackson and he never got his wedding night. Imagine your wife having sex with another man AND you can see everything.

message 15: by Natalia (new) - added it

Natalia Sidaya wrote: " and plus he IS her husband. My heart broke for him when I realized that she had sex with Jackson and he never got his wedding night. Imagine your wife having sex with another man AND you can see everything."

He is NOT her husband! I can't imagine why some people keep saying that Evie is his wife, because in THIS life she is not the same person that she was before. She and all the other Empresses didn't even look the same. It is like a man you don't even know comes up to you on a street one day and announces you were married in the past life and now you owe him a wedding night. This is crazy and plain wrong.
I actually was appalled and disbelieving when Evie even considered that she might owe him sex.

Julie Aric. Jackson even said that he and Evie were better when they didn't talk. I agree that Jackson gave up a lot to be with Evie and that he does care for her, but what kind of lasting relationship can happen when the two parties don't talk? Death lusts after Evie, yes, but they also have actual conversations about literature and art and stuff like that.

Cookie Death!

message 18: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Harte Natalia wrote: "Sidaya wrote: " and plus he IS her husband. My heart broke for him when I realized that she had sex with Jackson and he never got his wedding night. Imagine your wife having sex with another man AN..."

I understand the creppiness, but it still stands that Death was married to the Empress. Past life or not. Evie is the Emperesss therefore married to Death

MissIntegrity his name is aric

Veronica i pick jack cause this is what i think. he probably had a good reason witch he should of told her. plus i think death is keeping something or not telling her everything cause i think there is a reason why her past life had to kill death instead of the game like what is what if the some of the same thing that happen then are happening now. like what if she was in love with someone in the past and what of she was force to be with death to save her loved one IDK just a thought anyway i no she is gonna break her promise and kill death anyways so

Deena Beena Definitely Jack. Evie is the only person that Death can touch, so of course he's going to harbour feelings for her, and so one has to question if they're completely legitmate. I mean, he was going to kill the empress before he realized he could touch her, he's not in love with the person so much as he is with the idea of physical contact with one. I also didn't like how he consistently described her as "the woman that was made for me", as if her only purpose of existing was to be his lover. And was I the only one who got a creepy old man vibe from him? I mean yes, granted that he's lived for centuries, but every time I read a scene between him and Evie, I felt like he was that creepy 50 year old man parked by the side of Evie's school waiting to seduce her that yo've seen at least 10 times in your life time (Movies, Tv shows etc). Jack is an idiot, and I don't want to excuse his actions, but I do want to hear his side of the story, and I think Jack fell in love with Evie for real, not because they were married in a past life, or that she was the only girl he could have.

message 22: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Harte Deena Beena wrote: "Definitely Jack. Evie is the only person that Death can touch, so of course he's going to harbour feelings for her, and so one has to question if they're completely legitmate. I mean, he was going ..."

But in the book they said it was because of (view spoiler) Now it might have grown into something more but that is still the foundation their relationship was made on.

message 23: by Ebony (new)

Ebony Jack!

"But in the book they said it was because of [ the fact that Jack's brother was Evie's boyfriend, Brandon(?).Jack was always jealous of him because while he lived a crummy life in poverty. Brandon lived with their father and in a wonderful house and had a great childhood. So Jack only went after Evie because of his brother. (hide spoiler)] Now it might have grown into something more but that is still the foundation their relationship was made on."

Jack risked his life for Evie, do you think he has made that only because he was jealous of his death brother? This is absolutely illogical.

message 24: by Ebony (new)

Ebony "He yanked on his pants. Damn you Empress you will choose me. You must. He can move on. I Cannot."

What is that? Death tries to manipulate her, to wake feelings of guilt. This is not really a male behaviour.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Jack! Death is manipulative. While Jack lied to Evie, and [killed her mom (hide spoiler)] Jack is the guy for her. It was Jack's face she saw when she was [about to die (hide spoiler)] and she loves JACK! Jack loves her. If he lied to her it was for a good reason.

Samantha jack jack jack jackkkk :)

message 27: by Kris (last edited Dec 18, 2013 03:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Harte Put the word spoiler in these <> its just like when you want to bold something then at the end put /spoiler into the <>

message 28: by Kris (last edited Dec 18, 2013 03:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Harte Between the <> write the words < / >

message 29: by Natalia (new) - added it

Natalia @ Grace: you write what you want to say in place of the dots between > and <

message 30: by Natalia (new) - added it

Natalia Grace, you should press *(some html is ok)* above the comment window, then copy&paste the whole spoiler line and insert your comment instead of the three dots.
And can you, please, delete your comments that are irrelevant to the topic (the last 6 ones), they are very distracting.

Deena Beena Ebony wrote: "Jack!

"But in the book they said it was because of [ the fact that Jack's brother was Evie's boyfriend, Brandon(?).Jack was always jealous of him because while he lived a crummy life in poverty. B..."

Amen to that.

Sharaya Jack all the way! Death/Aric is way to manipulative, I mean, yeah if you've been alive for that long and Evie is the only one that you can touch, it would make you to be that way, but still. He's way too controlling and manipulative.

message 33: by Katie (last edited Dec 23, 2013 08:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie JACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACK!!! plz let it be Jack!
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! IDK HOW TO DO THE SPOILER THINGY AND HONESTLY U SHOULDNT BE EVEN ON HERE IF U HADNT READ THE BOOK YET SO...ONTO MY REVIEW!
Death saying Evie is his wife... is BULLSHIT like thts in the past lets not rehash the past.
Jack's secrets/lies... cmon her mom asked for it and honestly he wouldn't save her life LOTS of times and care for her if it was from stupid jealousy (I understand evie would be a little upset but not tht much). PLUS jack being with evie out of spite (which is a load of BS btw) equals out with Death being with evie bc she is the only person he can touch
It wasn't Arics secret to tell Evie anyways so if he had to resort to that to make Evie stop loving Jack that is not cool.
Death and Evie being together bc they can have a conversation... kinda hard to hv a nice long conversation with Jack when ur trying to save ur ass from being canibilized/tortured/raped/killed/etc.
Aric's deal... DONT EVEN GO THERE tht pissed me off royally. Really you hv to resort to that to get laid (yeah it suck being a 2000 yr old virgin but thts just pathetic).
DONT AGREE WITH ARIC'S DEAL EVIE!!! I kinda feel srry for Death and hopes he finds a different girl (just not Evie) or he does something stupid and Evie kills him (honestly don't really care).
Jack becomes Arcana... ooooh I hope/know SO!!! tht would be epic.
Next book... Evie+Jack=happiness/squealing/jumping up and down. Evie+Aric/hving sex with him= me screaming and chunking the nxt book out a window then utterly destroying it while ripping out pages.
I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES! Kresley shoudnt hv even gone there... most of her books doesn't hv a love triangle so WHY WHY WHY did u hv to do it! as if there isn't enough to write about (personally I think authors add love triangles bc there is nothing else they can write about so they hv to spice up the book somehow)
Jack also suffered a lot more for evie. Jack also seems to have a stronger hold on Evie if she was thinking about him when she was about to do the deed with Aric.
Death and Evie just don't go together (obviously since they killed each other).
I think I covered everything now...
anyways.... DONT HV SEX WITH ARIC. JACK ALL THE WAY! JACKJACKJACKJACKJACK

Nancy Dani wrote: "To me, Death deserves her more. True, we don't know for certain that he only loves her because she's the only woman he can touch, but they have more chemistry and personality together. Evie said he..."
I couldn't agree more. Aric and Evie are far better as a couple. Besides chemistry, they also have a nice connection. They talk a lot. Seems to me, Jackson is always hot-headed and all he seem to have with Evie is lust. True, he'd do anything to protect her, but sometimes I think he is a major a**ho*e (no offense to Jackson fans. This is just my opinion). I think Evie should be with Death. I really love them as a couple.

message 35: by Ebony (last edited Dec 23, 2013 10:54AM) (new)

Ebony Nancy wrote: "Dani wrote: "To me, Death deserves her more. True, we don't know for certain that he only loves her because she's the only woman he can touch, but they have more chemistry and personality together...."

She does not love him, has also did it in the past. She wanted his signs more than him. Do you really want to have a man, who is with you because he has no other choice?
Jack is very intelligent, although he is only 19. He is a real man. Death is 2000 years old, but doesn't have such a strong impression. And the chemistry between Arick and Evie is not so strong.

Jack was strong enough to chase away Aric from Evie's mind and Aric has not created the same thing. And that means, that Jack is stronger than Death and don't forget, he ist a human at the moment and Aric is a very strong Tarot Card!
If Jack is there, the voices in Evie's head are quiet, this can only mean that Jack is very strong, although he is at the moment only a human.

And not to forget, Aric has killed Evie, so how can they be married when he killed her. She is not his wife, she WAS his wife!

Team Jack!!!

Katie Ebony wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Dani wrote: "To me, Death deserves her more. True, we don't know for certain that he only loves her because she's the only woman he can touch, but they have more chemistry and persona..."

YES I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I'm so excited to find out which card Jack is. He is probably going to kill the Lovers and be activated and (maybe?) be a stronger Tarot card then Aric... maybe fate keeps on repeating itself bc Evie ends up with Aric and they both kill each other so Evie and Jack might result in a different outcome altogether.

message 37: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa I just want Evie to say "screw you both, I have enough shit to deal with." because she is badass, and they are both jerks.

Seriously, Jack is violent and tempermental and impulsive and controlling and just not good boyfriend material. Yes, he's protective and puts himself in danger for Evie, but his sexual harassment has not endeared himself to me. I have to admit though, he's gotten better this book.

And Death... Oh dear lord. Let me just say that a bad past is not an excuse for acting like an asshole. He tried to kill Evie several times, firstly. Secondly, He kidnaps her. Thirdly, he threatens to kill her everyday. Forthly, he seems to have missed the fact that he never asked Evie to marry him in any life that the reader has been privy to. He seems to have forgotten that this is the 21st centuary, and women have a say in who they are going to marry. Marriage doesn't carry over reincarnations. Also, he's never called her Evie, just Empress. I don't think he sees her as a seperate entity from her other lives, even though Evie had made a considerable effort to appear otherwise. Lastly, he manipulates her into aggreeing to have sex with him. So yeah, he's off my "favourite male characters" list.

Samantha Katie wrote: "JACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACK!!! plz let it be Jack!
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! IDK HOW TO DO THE SPOILER THINGY AND HONESTLY U SHOULDNT BE EVEN ON HERE IF U HADNT READ THE BOOK YET SO......"

I agree with EVERYTHING! Jack all the way. EXCEPT I do think that Death suffered a lot throughout the years because of the empresses.

Courtney LaSalle Im team death fully!

BelleScar Kris wrote: "Natalia wrote: "Sidaya wrote: " and plus he IS her husband. My heart broke for him when I realized that she had sex with Jackson and he never got his wedding night. Imagine your wife having sex wit..."

In the past life though, he pretty much pushed the marriage on her. She is the only girl/person that he can touch. He greedy and wants what he believes is his because he can touch her. She did go through with the marriage but in the end did try to kill him because of the game. But in this life she is no longer married to him, she died there for she starts new, he has been living and still stuck in the past. She owes death nothing.

In this life in order to keep her, and have her bow down he is going to force her into it. You want me to save Jack? Then agree that you belong to me, sleep with me.. That's selfish, he may not exactly be forcing her, but he isn't exactly letting her go either.

Jack didn't force her, he may be an @$$ but he never forced her, he didn't stop her from getting to Matthew instead he helped her while he grunted and growled. He may be harsh and gets angry at the drop of a dime but he still helped why because he cared even though he has a funny way of showing it..

I'm all for Jack. Death for me was great till then end when he started his tantrum about she belongs to him and she cant leave because he is owed a WIFE.

BelleScar Katie wrote: "JACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACK!!! plz let it be Jack!
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! IDK HOW TO DO THE SPOILER THINGY AND HONESTLY U SHOULDNT BE EVEN ON HERE IF U HADNT READ THE BOOK YET SO......"

I am on your side. I too am all for Jack. He may be a complete dick at times, and yes he did get mad or upset about the sex stuff but he never forced it on her. He never said I'll help you Evie if you put out, life Death did.I think him having sex with her is something in a way had to be done. I think it is the beginning to discovering that he is Arcana. I'm aiming for him being the Sun card but the Hangman card has been thrown out there as well. Because once they did the deed he said he feel like he finally found where he belonged, that he was home.
My fingers are crossed for Jack, and my middle fingers are aimed at Death only because of the stunt in the end that he pulled.

Kellios Death. I like Death. He's more interesting to me. His relationship with Evie is complex and intricately layered. Jack is a hormonal idiot who throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. I never found any appealing qualities in him. He just irks me.

message 43: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Harte Yes!!!!!
Finally someone who agrees with me!!!!

Jack is a random street punk. Who feels like he deserves to get everything. He stole Evie's journal and the tape because he couldn't get Evie and when he got her he could never keep a good grip on her. He's just a jerk.

Katie !!Seriously!! wrote: "Katie wrote: "JACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACKJACK!!! plz let it be Jack!
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! IDK HOW TO DO THE SPOILER THINGY AND HONESTLY U SHOULDNT BE EVEN ON HERE IF U HADNT READ THE ..."

YES!!! I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK :)

Samantha Jack had a difficult life though, he's not used to having someone like Evie I guess. I still like him and want them to be together!

I love how he wanted to keep her safe all the time and he would do anything to keep her safe!
Like when her stomach would growl and it would make him mad... You knew it was because he felt bad that he couldn't get her food! (Death purposely hurt her)

I've read books where the the guy was like "Aww I wish I could get you food!" and it was boring! I was always mad that he didn't just act nice sometimes but oh well she never said her feelings either.

I LOVE THESE BOOKS!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Aric all the way, Death deserves love and Jackson was an ass. Helping her mother do suicide is unforgivable. Not telling her is worse. Jackson deserves nothing while death was forthcoming and didn't lie. At the begging he was cruel but that was only when he thought that Evie was a cruel, cowardly and blood loving seductress

Courtney I honestly can't decide- though I'm leaning toward Aric if he turns out to truly love Evie. But it seems possible that Jack might be Arcana too. Because I think that somewhere in the book, there was a card mentioned that has to kill another arcana for their powers to awaken. Its possible

message 48: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Harte Filsan wrote: "Aric all the way, Death deserves love and Jackson was an ass. Helping her mother do suicide is unforgivable. Not telling her is worse. Jackson deserves nothing while death was forthcoming and didn'..."

I agree!! Everyone can argue their heads off about how he helped her mother and blah blah blah. When it comes down to it and it was your mom, how would you feel?

BelleScar Kris wrote: "Filsan wrote: "Aric all the way, Death deserves love and Jackson was an ass. Helping her mother do suicide is unforgivable. Not telling her is worse. Jackson deserves nothing while death was forthc..."

If it was my mother and I knowingly know that she can be persuasive, and we know she persuaded Jack. I feel bad that he has to carry that but he did it for her mother and also for Evie because she couldn't do or wouldn't have been able to do it. He was stuck in a hard position. Its just like a doctor who has to deliver news to individuals that a love one has passed away. I'm sure it isn't a fun job but someone has to do it.

Her mom I'm sure was dying and didn't want her daughter to suffer the same fate, and she didn't want her daughter to witness it. But if it was my mother and Jack killed her, and I knowing that she probably begged him to do it, yes I would be hurt by it, yes I would suffer but I would suffer more from him hiding it from me. I think that is what hurt her the most that he with held the information.

I enjoy Aric character, but even in the beginning he forced her to marry him pretty much because he could touch her. So he feels since he can touch her that he owns her. If you can't touch anyone in the world and suddenly you find someone you can touch, a person would want to keep that individual close, but it doesn't mean you love the other person, to me he was/is obsessed with her because he can touch her. I think he does in his own way he does love her but he is thinking more with his own needs and not what hers are.

Jack put Evie first most of the time, yes he threw baby tantrums. Especially when it came to sex but he never put crap over her head about it. Never once did he say I will rescue your friends if you sleep with me. He just got angry and did it. I liked Aric till the end when he pulled that move.

Courtney BelleScar wrote: "Kris wrote: "Filsan wrote: "Aric all the way, Death deserves love and Jackson was an ass. Helping her mother do suicide is unforgivable. Not telling her is worse. Jackson deserves nothing while dea..."

Good point

« previous 1 3 4