DumbleDORKS discussion

Marvel Universe > The Amazing Spiderman (2012)

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Eh. It was good.

message 2: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Better than original. Really, really, really good.

message 3: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Meh, I beg to differ. :P

I just don't know why they remade it. Why?! The first was perfectly fine. Waste of money? *irked*

message 4: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments I like Spider-Man :)

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica I think I'm going to have to side with Shrishti here. Both were very good films, I just think there were some points in The Amazing Spider-man that eventually won me over. Such as Gwen's awesomeness (frankly I found MJ too useless and annoying. I loved how Gwen fall in love with Peter rather that Spider-man), the quips and Andrew (never really did like Tobey). However, I would say the Green Goblin was a much better villain, but overall The Amazing Spider-man was much more enjoyable.

message 6: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Right, okay. Fair enough. It probably wasn't such a good idea to watch it straight after the original trilogy, when I couldn't help but compare them the whole way through.
I agree with you there . . . MJ really annoyed me in the trilogy. Andrew's acting was brilliant, but I feel a bit sorry for Tobey, being replaced like that. He wasn't bad, either.
Yeah, I liked the Green Goblin better. I suppose they both have their faults. :P

message 7: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments I haven't seen the original... Just this one, so I can't compare. My favorite scene is definitely the one with Stan Lee XD

message 8: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) I only remember faint scenes from the original, when they were popular, I didn't know any good English either. I can recall scenes from all of the movies but I don't think I've seen all of them from start to end, with full attention. Then I saw this one, and it made going back to original seem useless. Now, I've seen a lot of Spiderman cartoons. I know when I was small I thought that the movies were okay, but oh lord, I loved Spiderman animations so much!! I've read almost every Spiderman comic EVER PRINTED. Yesssss! I'm a big fan of Spiderman. When I saw The Amazing Spiderman, it was realy good in the beginning. But then I realised that the villain was same old Doctor Connors. I wanted someone different for a change! But still, the scenes with him were good.
Does anyone know who is the villain for The Amazing Spiderman 2??
@Jo To answer your previous question with another question, Why do they re-make any movie?

message 9: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Melisquish wrote: "I haven't seen the original... Just this one, so I can't compare. My favorite scene is definitely the one with Stan Lee XD"

Stan's Cameos are always brilliant!

message 10: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Stan Lee's cameos are always the best :) this ones one of my favorites, though

message 11: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Melisquish wrote: "Stan Lee's cameos are always the best :) this ones one of my favorites, though"

Hurrah for Stan Lee. xD Oh, yes, this cameo was pretty awesome.

message 12: by James (new)

James ~Shrishti~ wrote: "Does anyone know who is the villain for The Amazing Spiderman 2??"
Hi Shrishti. The Villains for the second film are Electro and Rhino. Norman Osborn has been cast, so the Green Goblin will like show up sooner or later...

message 13: by James (new)

James This movie really is a nice take on the Spider-Man mythos. I like that Peter has to learn the hard way - as we all too often do in real life.
If you've seen it - consider what he learns from Uncle Ben and Captain Stacy... and how that plays out.
And Emma Stone as Gwen is awesome. 'Nuff Said.

message 14: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) @James My best friend's name is James. :)
And thanks, I love Electro!
Emma Stone is just spectacular.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I just saw the trailer to the next movie and I am SO exhilarated!

message 16: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Eärwen wrote: "I just saw the trailer to the next movie and I am SO exhilarated!"

Yeah, that was cool!

message 17: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments I saw this a couple of days ago after finishing the Spider-Man trilogy (2002-2007) and I preferred the other plot, but I liked this characterization of Peter a lot more. The trailer for the next one looks great as well.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the Stacy in this movie a lot more than the Stacy in Spiderman (2002-2007). I'm a little disappointed that they're not putting MJ in though! She was going to be played by Shailene Woodley who is playing Hazel Grace in The Fault in Our Stars and Tris in Divergent!

message 19: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) | 58 comments i think there trying to indruduce more villinas in the movies that where in the commics and games but why they couldn't continue with toby i don't know but i do really like Andrew and emma stone i think they were great

message 20: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 389 comments I don't know how different this was from the trilogy, because I watched the entire first movie without sound, and didn't get to the other two. If toy are wondering why I had no sound, it's because I watched it over the course of a few days secretly when I was supposed to be doing hw.
I loved this movie, though. I watched it when it first came out, and I'm going to rewatch it soon hopefully. I'm a fan of the original comics, even tough I've only read a few over and over for the past six or seven years. My grandmother had some pairs of part 1/ part 2 comics, and one of the was the lizard, so I was comparing it the whole time, and it was really different but also kinda had the feel of the comics.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

At first I was very upset over Gwen, but then Gwen was awesome, and I found out that Peter had a girlfriend named Gwen before MJ (view spoiler)

message 22: by Dayang (new)

Dayang  (ddayang) Hi guys! Thoughts on Spiderman 2?

message 23: by Eve (new)

Eve (arweneve) | 2344 comments I liked the originals better. Eh.

message 24: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 had me bawling and gasping for air.

message 25: by Eve (new)

Eve (arweneve) | 2344 comments Haha. :) I haven't yet seen the second one!

message 26: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy (stairstepjitters) | 155 comments I enjoyed this movie (laughed ridiculously loud when he smashed the alarm clock) although if they make one more Spider-Man origin story I swear I will shoot Uncle Ben myself.

message 27: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) No third part. No Andrew Garfield. It hurts me probably more than anyone else.

message 28: by GenjiHere (new)

GenjiHere | 146 comments Andrew Garfield isn't part of Marvel anymore! *Sob* The Amazing Spider had an amazing cast and amazing movies. Mateus Ward is suppose to be the new Spidie. He better not ruin my favorite superhero for me. :'(

message 29: by GenjiHere (new)

GenjiHere | 146 comments It's so sad that Gwen Stacy's life was for nothing.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen wrote: "Andrew Garfield isn't part of Marvel anymore! *Sob* The Amazing Spider had an amazing cast and amazing movies. Mateus Ward is suppose to be the new Spidie. He better not ruin my favorite superhero ..."

I'm also sad that we won't have Andrew Garfield as Spider-man anymore. He's a great Peter Parker.

message 31: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 57 comments Did you really all like Andrew Garfield???
I don't know... The comics are just awesome, Spider Man is one of the funniest superheroes of the Marvel Universe.
Maguire was just a little to "nerdy", he was a good Peter Parker but not a really good Spider Man. And Garfield was a fantastic (amazing :)) Spider Man, but not a good Peter Parker.
So I'm really looking forward to a new Spider Man, possibly just like the comics show him!!

message 32: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) I already miss him ugh

message 33: by Michael (new)

Michael (michjarv98) | 8 comments EW, Andrew Garfield
Sony is just so... narrow-minded i was so disappointed