DumbleDORKS discussion

Marvel Universe > Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Thoughts? Loki is amazing, yes?

message 2: by Monica (new)

Monica Yes. Thor was amazing too, but Loki just stole the show with his sassiness. My favourite moments were when the brothers were together though. Absolutely brilliant.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't seen it yet (although the gifsets on Tumblr have given me a pretty good idea what it's about) but according to reviews it wasn't that awesome but Loki/Tom Hiddleston stole the show. To be honest, I'm only watching it so I don't miss any plot points that come into play in Avengers 2 and to see my misunderstood Frost Giant anyways.

message 4: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Agent wrote: "Yes. Thor was amazing too, but Loki just stole the show with his sassiness. My favourite moments were when the brothers were together though. Absolutely brilliant."

Agreed. I mean, it could have been better, but yes. Loki's moments were the best thing ever, and the Loki/Thor dynamic was excellently done . . . Oh, I just love them.

message 5: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments I just finished it, and I kind of started sobbing in the theatre. It was really good, but the highlights were most parts at Asgard. And the final battle. The best part, in my opinion, was whenever Thor and Loki were onscreen. Their interactions were great.

message 6: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Agreed. Congratulations for not fainting, or collapsing, or something. *high five*

message 7: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments *high fives weakly* I can't stop thinking about how he did it though.

message 8: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Loki?
Yeah.
Pretty sure he killed Odin. Somehow . . .

message 9: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments (spoilers) I'm also wondering how he faked it. like, that spear went right through him. He couldn't have really faked that.

message 10: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Remember the illusions? I don't think that was actually Loki. I think he cast an illusion on someone -- maybe Odin -- like he did on Thor.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 1584 comments To me I don't think Loki would ever kill Odin, I'm almost completely convinced that the guard looking over Svartalfheim was he though.
On further topics of the movie, Loki did really steal the show - ahem, other topics. Jane was disappointing, so Thor turns on the sweet talk and she's mush just when he's returned after two blinking years?
-_-

message 12: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments Yeah. I personally felt that they could have done a slightly better job with the stuff that takes place on Earth, though I adored the final battles with the portals.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 1584 comments Yes! At least there's a bunch on Asgard at least, the final battle was pretty awesome! Did you know Malekith's actor, Christopher Eccleston, played Dr. Who?

message 14: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments I knew that before I watched it, but then I saw that it was him and every time i saw him I kept thinking "there goes the Ninth Doctor, doing not good stuff".

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 1584 comments Oh! I know the feeling, lol. I just saw it when I Googled the movie and saw the cast. "Why, it's the Doctor!"

message 16: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments LLLLLOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this movie :DDD

message 18: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) This movie was awesome! I'm not going to lie, I cried a bit in the theater. And come one, who didn't love Eric in it? :)

Christopher Eccleson was awesome in it as well!

message 19: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 389 comments OH MY GODS, LOKI!!!!!
Loki-They're following us.
Thor-I know.
Loki-They're shooting at us!
Thor-I know, I don't need your commentary Loki!!

Loki-Good job. You just decapitated your grandfather.

Loki-Perhaps I should drive.
Thor-Which of us actually knows how to fly?

Loki-You said you knew how to fly this thing.
Thor-No, I said How hard can it be?

Loki-I think you missed a couple collumns there.
Thor-SHUT UP LOKI!

Thor-Mother wouldn't want us to fight.
Loki-Well she wouldn't exactly be surprised.

I swear, I let out a tear when Loki supposedly died, even though I knew he couldn't die. Even though I knew that being "dead" is the best way to stay free.

LOOOOOOOOOKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 20: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Doctor Eho fan, you cried a tear? I was bawling!!! And I love Eric, but when everybody laughed when he said "thank God," I just about collapsed on the floor sobbing! And then... The end... I couldn't move or think coherently for about ten minutes. After that, I could move, but... I was distressed and confused for another 2 or 3 hours...

message 21: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Doctor Who Fan wrote: "LOOOOOOOOOKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"

That's about the size of it. :P

Elysia wrote: "This movie was awesome! I'm not going to lie, I cried a bit in the theater. And come one, who didn't love Eric in it? :)

Christopher Eccleson was awesome in it as well!"

Agreed, agreed, agreed! Couldn't've said it better myself xD

Meli, you poor dear *hugs* I wish I could've been there to fangirl with you and buy you pumpkin pie. :P

Like DW fan & Elysia, my eyes were watery, but that's as far as it went. Oh, I had my hand over my mouth the whole time xD

message 22: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments I was outraged when almost everyone was relieved he was dead. I was a sobbing mess, and even others in the theatre were kind of happy.

message 23: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Yessss.

message 24: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments There were three of my friends getting a ride home together, and we were all kind of on edge, and then one of my friends accidentally opened the window, and she freaked out and screamed, and then I freaked out, and then we realized that she'd only opened the window, and she was like "I honestly thought that one of those guys from the movie was coming to get me. I honestly thought I was going to die!" And then the two of us just kind of hyperventilated the rest if the way home.

message 25: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 389 comments Thor: Are you mad?!?!?!?
Loki: Possibly!

Did anyone see the post-credits scene? I watched it a second time, and the second time I stayed throughout the credits, and it was so funny! Anyone else love it?

message 26: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Doctor Who Fan wrote: "Thor: Are you mad?!?!?!?
Loki: Possibly!

Did anyone see the post-credits scene? I watched it a second time, and the second time I stayed throughout the credits, and it was so funny! Anyone else lo..."

Which one? There were two. I saw the first one.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Loki: "For mercy’s sake, if I’m meant for the axe…just SWING it."

Anyone else cry, or am I the only one?

@ Jo: I don't know where to put this, but did you know that there's a possibility there will be a movie about J.R.R. Tolkien's life with Tom Hiddleston playing young Tolkien? IS THAT NOT BEAUTIFUL?

message 28: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments I whimpered. Does that count as crying?

WHAT, TESSA, WHAT?! *gapes* Where did you see that? I mean, there's a "possibility" of a Loki movie, but that doesn't mean it's definite or anything.
Tom. As Tolkien. *faints* I - I can't even deal with that amazingness.

message 29: by Shrestha (new)

Shrestha | 9 comments Agreed with almost all of you. Loki's role is amazing this time...

message 30: by Nicole, A Baggins of Bag End! (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 332 comments Loki was very amazing in Thor: The Dark World. More so, actually, than in the first Thor, or even in The Avengers

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Johanna ღ♣✽Hobbit & Proud✽♣ღ wrote: "I whimpered. Does that count as crying?

WHAT, TESSA, WHAT?! *gapes* Where did you see that? I mean, there's a "possibility" of a Loki movie, but that doesn't mean it's definite or anything.
Tom. ..."

It's one of the bigger possibilities! *squeals*

message 32: by Monica (last edited Dec 03, 2013 09:44PM) (new)

Monica Did anyone else hear the news that in the second post credit scene Natalie Portman wasn't available so they dressed Chris Hemsworth's wife in the costume and a wig and had her kiss him?
This is the most adorable thing ever.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12...

message 33: by Shrestha (last edited Dec 03, 2013 10:49PM) (new)

Shrestha | 9 comments Lady Bilbo wrote: "Loki was very amazing in Thor: The Dark World. More so, actually, than in the first Thor, or even in The Avengers"

i haven't yet managed to watch the first Thor, however, i was pretty fascinated when Odin gradually changes to Loki. I still do remember the words Odin says to Thor before the transformation.

message 34: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Agent wrote: "Did anyone else hear the news that in the second post credit scene Natalie Portman wasn't available so they dressed Chris Hemsworth's wife in the costume and a wig and had her kiss him?
This is the..."

Huh! No, I didn't know that! Sweet:) That's so sweet.

message 35: by Shrestha (last edited Dec 04, 2013 12:21AM) (new)

Shrestha | 9 comments Agent wrote: "Did anyone else hear the news that in the second post credit scene Natalie Portman wasn't available so they dressed Chris Hemsworth's wife in the costume and a wig and had her kiss him?
This is the..."

I din't know of it until now! That's so sweet and adorable of course.

message 36: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 389 comments Shrestha wrote: "Lady Bilbo wrote: "Loki was very amazing in Thor: The Dark World. More so, actually, than in the first Thor, or even in The Avengers"

i haven't yet managed to watch the first Thor, however, i was..."

No, Odin didn't transform into Loki, Loki, like the evil mad genius that he is, stole the throne and created the illusion that he was Odin to not make Thor suspicious, cuz, you know, (view spoiler).

message 37: by Gráinne (new)

Gráinne (GrainneT) | 1 comments I love Loki I loved all the parts with him in them especially when him and Thor were together. I love the part where Loki "died" that was so nice when he goes "I didn't do it for him" (as in Odin)

message 38: by Shrestha (new)

Shrestha | 9 comments Doctor Who Fan wrote: "Shrestha wrote: "Lady Bilbo wrote: "Loki was very amazing in Thor: The Dark World. More so, actually, than in the first Thor, or even in The Avengers"

i haven't yet managed to watch the first Tho..."

@Doctor Who Fan: Yes, you are correct in all terms! Indeed, I do agree as well :). My point to not to write in exact was to not to make the suspense reveal to the ones' who haven't watched Thor(2013). It is possible that this thread is considered by the ones' who haven't watched the movie.

message 39: by Monica (new)

Monica http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/0...
Look at all those glorious special features on the bluray. And All Hail The King is suspected to be Loki one-shot!!!! :D :D :D And we get the brother's journey AND LOKI:THE FIRST AVENGER WITH COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!! I AM DYING RIGHT NOW

message 40: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments *collapses*

message 41: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments *reads link*

*collapses again*

Oh. My. Life.

Someone help me.

*reaches weakly upwards*

message 42: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments *cant pull Jo up because is also Lyon dead on the floor*

message 43: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments *breathes her last*

message 44: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments *struggles to breath*

message 45: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments *lies dead on the floor*

message 46: by Monica (new)

Monica http://screencrush.com/marvel-one-sho...
NOOOOOOOO ALL HAIL THE KING IS ABOUT THE MANDARIN FROM IRON MAN AND NOT LOKI ;__________________;

message 47: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments WHAT?

message 48: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments I haven't even watched Iron Man 3.

message 49: by Monica (new)

Monica http://www.empireonline.com/news/stor...
oh mY GOSH IT'S TOM IN THE CAPTAIN AMERICA SUIT *.*

message 50: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Toooom!!

« previous 1