DumbleDORKS discussion

53 views
Marvel Universe > Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments 'Cause he's amazing.
<3


message 2: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) | 1907 comments This was my favorite superhero movie. ^-^


message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The movie itself? It was good, but not dazzlingly (shoot, I swear I'm not from Twilight) brilliant. It did do the job of setting the stage for Cap in The Avengers though, so I'm not complaining.


message 4: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments L.Y. wrote: "This was my favorite superhero movie. ^-^"

One of my favourites. I mean, The Avengers probably steals that place, but Capt. America and Thor would be next.

Isn't Steve amazing?! Definitely my favourite superhero.

@Tessa, what were your qualms?


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Honestly, Jo, I can't remember. I just recall missing something. Now that I look at it again I don't know what it could possibly be, but after I saw it I felt weird.
This makes absolutely no sense. I need to watch it again.


message 6: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) | 1907 comments Johanna ღ♣✽Hobbit & Proud✽♣ღ wrote: "L.Y. wrote: "This was my favorite superhero movie. ^-^"

One of my favourites. I mean, The Avengers probably steals that place, but Capt. America and Thor would be next.

Isn't Steve amazing?! De..."


Yes! I love his character; he's amazing. Which is the whole reason why I like that movie. xD


message 7: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments L.Y. wrote: "Yes! I love his character; he's amazing. Which is the whole reason why I like that movie. xD

Heartily agreed! I adore Cap. He's the perfect gentleman, right? People tend to like Iron Man for his suit, and Hawkeye for his crossbow, and Superman becasue he can fly . . . But to be honest, I'd love Cap just as much if he didn't have a superpower. Because he's a hero anyway. <3
Sorry for the fangirl rant, but I love him. xD


message 8: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) | 1907 comments Johanna ღ♣✽Hobbit & Proud✽♣ღ wrote: "Heartily agreed! I adore Cap. He's the perfect gentleman, right? People tend to like Iron Man for his suit, and Hawkeye for his crossbow, and Superman becasue he can fly . . . But to be honest, I'd love Cap just as much if he didn't have a superpower. Because he's a hero anyway. <3
Sorry for the fangirl rant, but I love him. xD"


Yes! I like Iron Man because he's funny, but he comes in second. ^-^ Captain America is...well, I think more people should be like him. He's a great role model, and was even before he got his superpowers. So I completely agree. :D


message 9: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Johanna ღ♣✽Hobbit & Proud✽♣ღ wrote: "L.Y. wrote: "Yes! I love his character; he's amazing. Which is the whole reason why I like that movie. xD

Heartily agreed! I adore Cap. He's the perfect gentleman, right? People tend to like Iron..."


Agreed! I think why I like the Cap so much is because everyone use to pick on Steve and people always said he couldn't go to war but boy, did he prove them wrong! He's a good role model because even though people told him he couldn't do something, he did it. :D


message 10: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments I just rewatched this movie for the second time yesterday, and even though I've seen the Avengers recently, I forgot how amazing he was. He's so nice and patriotic and smart and kind and helpful and argh he's the nicest person of any movie. And then what he did at the end, I still cried. Peggy is amazing, I had almost completely forgotten about her. The whole WWII is done well. I believe I was wailing "Steve!" the entire time. So much stuff happens to him.


message 11: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Sinda wrote: "I just rewatched this movie for the second time yesterday, and even though I've seen the Avengers recently, I forgot how amazing he was. He's so nice and patriotic and smart and kind and helpful an..."

^_^ You rewatching all the Marvel movies, Sinda? xD
Yeah! Agreed. Cap is wonderful. <3 One of the first movies I cried in, man . . . My first Marvel movie, actually. My dad and brother were watching it when it first came out, and I remember thinking, "I'm not going to enjoy this." xD I can't believe no one else cried at the end - I was in denial the whole evening.


message 12: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Johanna ღ♣✽Hobbit & Proud✽♣ღ wrote: "Sinda wrote: "I just rewatched this movie for the second time yesterday, and even though I've seen the Avengers recently, I forgot how amazing he was. He's so nice and patriotic and smart and kind ..."

Every time I watch Captain America (which is a lot) I'm crying like a baby at the end! Too cruel! D:


message 13: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments I KNOW.


message 14: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments *screams and cries and that ending and whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*


message 15: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Weatherly | 7 comments Ugh, the ending was utterly awful! That was the most I had cried since the last Potter book!


message 16: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments xD


~★ScarlettSwan★~ (justsayit) No offense to Chris Evans or his acting skills but I thought it was only ok. Some scenes were slow, but I liked the transformation scene. Did you know Leander Deeny played skinny Steve Rogers? It was a good background knowledge on Steve Rogers though. Fondue!


message 18: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments It was amazing.


message 19: by Elevetha (new)

Elevetha  | 2183 comments J๏ђคภภค ~ ωє'яє ƒαℓℓιη' тняσυgн ѕρα¢є, уσυ αη∂ мє wrote: "It was amazing."

*nods*


message 20: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments




message 21: by Elysia (last edited Mar 26, 2014 11:31AM) (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) description
description
description

I thought we needed some happy, smiley Steve. :D


message 22: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments YES WE DID. STEVE. <3


~★ScarlettSwan★~ (justsayit) Love his smile


message 25: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) He's adorable! Just like a little puppy dog. :)


message 26: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssums) I hate how people say he's not even a hero because he absolutely without a doubt is! He's more of a hero then all of the other Avengers too (no offense because I love them all). It's not as much the extent of their powers to the reason they're a hero but more their superhero character and heart


message 27: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssums) Captain America is my favourite superhero of all time and I've watched the movie literally 15 times!!


message 28: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssums) And the Avengers like 25!!!! :)


message 29: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Alyssa wrote: "I hate how people say he's not even a hero because he absolutely without a doubt is! He's more of a hero then all of the other Avengers too (no offense because I love them all). It's not as much th..."

<3 <3


message 30: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Alyssa wrote: "Captain America is my favourite superhero of all time and I've watched the movie literally 15 times!!"

I think I've seen it three or four times xD. It was the first Marvel film I saw and it nearly made me cry. xD


message 31: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssums) I KNOW IT'S SOOOO GOOD!!! I usually have heated debates with the guys in my computer class on superhero opinions lol


message 32: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Haha, that sounds wonderful. :D Have you seen The Winter Soldier?


message 33: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssums) OF COURSE! I watched it twice in the theatre but haven't bought it yet, have you?


message 34: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments I saw it in theatres the week it came out, but I haven't seen it since. It's not out on DVD till September. :/


message 35: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy (stairstepjitters) | 155 comments I love Steve, for so many reasons. The way he handles himself and sticks to his moral guns no matter what. He's what America should be but isn't. He's a good ol' American boy with strong moral values and an updated consciousness. I think it's impossible to not at least like him a little bit.


back to top