Making Connections discussion

ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 1848. STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART - A Father's Story of Loss, Bereavement and Redemption by Ed Rayner

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Nov 16, 2013 03:48PM) (new)

Sheri | 6239 comments Mod
STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART - A Father's Story of Loss, Bereavement and Redemption by Ed Rayner by Ed Raynert

Genre: Non-fiction; Self-Help; Comfort/Loss of a Loved One/Suicide Survivor
Page Count: 76

Book Description:
Straight From The Heart is a book about a father surviving the suicide of a beloved son. As much as it is a story about the series of events leading up to my son’s taking his own life, this book is intended to be a story of his family and others left behind to suffer as a result of having lost him, particularly me, his father, and for that reason I wanted to write from a father's perspective.

This book's roots lie in when I was asked to write about it by my psychotherapist as a therapeutic exercise during the four years I spent in analysis in the immediate aftermath of my son's death. At the time of this writing, it’s been more than fifteen years since my son passed on … that means he's now been dead longer than he was alive, since the tragedy occurred just shy of his fourteenth birthday.

So why did I write this book? Part of the reason was to help me … perhaps to take the healing process to another level … psychotherapy goes only so far, and here I am fifteen years later. So this account is intended to convey not only the immediate but also the long-term effects. There was also a strong influence of mental illness involved in the messy mix.

Another reason is to help others who have suffered the same tragedy - to give them a road map - they are not alone and my heart goes out to them. Perhaps it owes to a higher calling … to spread the word … a message of encouragement … and most importantly, hope.

Having said that, this book is also about the healing process. For that reason, I've included a Self-Help chapter comprised of suggestions to provide what I hope to be some insights so you may benefit from my personal experience.

Be one of the first 3 to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to read and review! Please post your reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble if applicable.

Formats available: PDF, DOCX, HTML

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 weeks of receiving your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your name, email address, and format

Reviewers:
1. Tony

message 2: by Tony (new)

Tony Parsons (gambino71) | 1565 comments suicide worked with that clientele for 6 yrs PDF
luv 2 win/read this book
tonyparssons_42@hotmail.com

message 3: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 6239 comments Mod
Sent your request Tony