What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. 80s Romance; Kidnapping, clan war, multiple baby daddies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1 comments This book was my introduction to romance novels when I was a kid and boy did it make an impact-- now, if only I could remember its name!
The book was a purple hardcover with a thistle on it (or some sort of purple spiky flower). The main character falls in love with a man (dark hair) and begins a family. Unfortunately, she is abducted by a rival Scottish clan and is kept for many years there, starting another family with her captor (red hair). He is eventually killed in battle, she escapes to her first husband, he slaps her, looks at her new kids, and welcomes her home.
Sound familiar?

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4844 comments Don't think it's this because it's more of a harem story, but the cover is similarThe Kadin The Kadin by Bertrice Small

Do you remember how old the main character was when she was kidnapped? While searching for this book, I keep running into romance novels with young girls getting kidnapped.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Kate, are either of those your book or are you still looking?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.