YA Helpers discussion

YA Movies/TV Shows > YA Movies in 2014 (that I'm aware of)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 26 comments Mod
Here's a list of known movies coming out in 2014 that are YA based/related. Please note, some dates may not be accurate.

Seventh Son (based on the Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney)-January 17
Vampire Academy-February 14
Divergent-March 21
The Fault in Our Stars-June 6
The Giver-August 15 (yes, really!)
The Maze Runner-September 19
Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1-November 21
The Hobbit: There and Back Again-December 17

We also should be getting a If I Stay movie release date soon (it's filming now)

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen | 14 comments SO excited for Divergent, TFiOS, The Maze Runner, Mockingjay and The Hobbit! Although I'm still weirded out about the Shailene/Ansel starring in both Divergent and TFiOS as brother/sister then people who gon' make out.
Another movie that's coming out is The True Meaning of Smekday's movie, Home, on November 26 2014. It's a middle grade novel but it's actually me favourite thing of all time.

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Christ | 6 comments I was beyond excited to hear about The Fault in Our Stars!!! That one is one of my top favorite books and I just found out about the movie adaptation this morning!! Lol

Bow tie and Fez Addict | 4 comments How about City of Ashe, the second book in the mortal instruments series? Does anyone know when that comes out

message 5: by Christina (new)

Katie wrote: "How about City of Ashe, the second book in the mortal instruments series? Does anyone know when that comes out"

Last I heard the sequel was put on hold. Why, is in question. People involved say it's because they want time to get it right but I suspect it has more to do with the fact that City of Bones made very little money. I would say a sequel is up in the air right now. But then I said the same about Percy Jackson and look what happened there.

Bow tie and Fez Addict | 4 comments Fantasylover12001 wrote: "Katie wrote: "How about City of Ashe, the second book in the mortal instruments series? Does anyone know when that comes out"

Last I heard the sequel was put on hold. Why, is in question. People i..."

Thanks I didn't hear about that for some reason. But I hope it does end up happening. Because the movie wasn't even close to as bad as The Last Airbender

message 7: by Christina (new)

I don't think any adaptation will ever be as bad as Last Airbender ;)

Bow tie and Fez Addict | 4 comments Fantasylover12001 wrote: "I don't think any adaptation will ever be as bad as Last Airbender ;)"

I know the show is amazing then I went and saw the movie and was so disappointed. I'm surprised the expected to make more than one to begin with because they were planing on making Book 2- Earth and Book 3- Fire

message 9: by Christina (new)

Update: Apparently they are actually doing an adaptation of Fallen by Lauren Kate. No release date has been given. According to IMDB though, it is supposed to be released this year. We'll see how that goes. ;highly doubts it'll happen this year;

message 10: by Christina (new)

UPDATE: The If I Stay movie has been given a release date of August 22nd.
Between that, Fault in Our Stars in June, and The Giver a week earlier, the theaters are going to have a lot of crying people on their hands. I hope they have tissues handy.