The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

Episodes > Scariest Episodes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I am sure I will think of more but I believe it was called the "Almost People" and the one about Mars (Doctor 10) where when the water touched the inhabitants of the Base and they turned into monsters. And what added to the "scariness" for me was when the Doctor tried to mess with the timeline by saving the commander of the crew. I think it was called "The Waters of Mars" not sure.

And of course anything with the Weeping angels when it shows them with those awful teeth as they draw close to a human.

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 35 comments Caves of Androzani and Curse of Fenric scared the Dickens out of me as a kid.

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 35 comments Yep, fifth and seventh Doctor serials respectively.

message 4: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Now I know I am getting into semantics here, but the creepiest and the scariest are not the same for me. *LOL* I think those robot things with masks are creepy too. The ones that look like Father Christmas in the two episodes and in the second one of those the Empress of the Rachnos (sp?) with her teeth is very creepy looking. Also the robots with masks from The Girl in the Fireplace

On the other hand, neither the Cybermen nor the Daleks look as "creepy" as they are "scarey" knowing how dangerous they are.

And on my third alien hand ... change of subject really. The adipose have to be the cutest! The child in me wants an adipose for Christmas.

message 5: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) hmmm if The Doctor would come to rescue me, well there is an advantage to the Adipose, if done carefully. Let's face it, if the Foster Mom didn't get too crazy it could have worked out nicely. Of course that would depend as well on how much people were being charged. We could say we were giving something to the (was it Atrax?) Make it a nice interplanetary exchange.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1146 comments Mod
I think when the Silence were introduced. After that they were still kind of creepy and scary but now you know a little of what to expect from them.

Also the episode...OH geese I've got to look it up..."Hide" Season 7 episode 9 with the ghost hunters from the 1970s in the "haunted" mansion. Especially when in the trailers for it the Doctor said something about how he's been in scary situations before but this was the first time he was actually scared.

message 7: by Arwen (new)

Arwen Shadowmen, Jenny murdered

message 8: by Eni (new)

Eni that episode where that little boy all the time says
"are you my mummy"
i found that so creepy.. O.o

message 9: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Redrose13 I also found that one creepy, especially when the humans would grow gas masks instead of faces.

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 35 comments No-one does creepy like Mr Moffett. Gas masks, angels, The Silence, Vashta Narada, The Snowmen... Makes me shiver thinking about them.

mimaimi wrote: "...I am basically a DW encyclopedia xD
Except for the Classic Who.."

Us Classic Who encyclopedias got you covered. Although we do have to be saved more frequently.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Are there any really scary Classic Doctor Who episodes that anyone can recommend? The thing I used to love about Doctor Who was that is terrified me, but not so much anymore, and I've almost finished New Who. I mean I still love it but I wasn't even scared by Blink or Silence in the Library, and in the olden days they would have scared me to death. So if anyone can recommend some scary Classic episodes I would love to know :)

message 13: by CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (last edited Nov 19, 2013 08:23AM) (new)

Athena wrote: "Are there any really scary Classic Doctor Who episodes that anyone can recommend? The thing I used to love about Doctor Who was that is terrified me, but not so much anymore, and I've almost finish..."

I'm trying to remember. Their may have been a few Sylvester McCoy ones a couple of those had some creepy moments. Maybe "The Curse of Fenwick" or "Ghost Light"

OH there was a Peter Davison one "Snakedance" that one creepped me out.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 182 comments Snakedance? Oh that is scary! Being possessed by the Mara? Ehh pass.

message 16: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 45 comments I watched the Curse of Fenric recently, that was quite scary. Of the reboot, Midnight really got me and Genesis of the Dalek was a very haunting serial.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Midnight. Gosh that ep creeped me out and Sky was draininy the Doctor's life away. I screamed at her to stop, sighs. I almost lost my doctor

message 18: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I know I will think of more later but Midnight definitely and one with Doctor 11, I can't remember the title...but he goes to help a little boy and ends up trapped in this doll house where the "dolls" came to life and they scared me more than the Daleks or the Cybermen.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen B wrote: "I know I will think of more later but Midnight definitely and one with Doctor 11, I can't remember the title...but he goes to help a little boy and ends up trapped in this doll house where the "dol..."

Was it "Night Terrors"?

message 20: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Bre, I think that is it. The dolls wanted to turn the Doctor, Amy and Rory into dolls and they did change Amy temporarily. I can just see those dolls moving, raising their arms. Much like the automated men (again can't remember what they were called) in "Girl in the Fireplace."

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen B wrote: "Bre, I think that is it. The dolls wanted to turn the Doctor, Amy and Rory into dolls and they did change Amy temporarily. I can just see those dolls moving, raising their arms. Much like the aut..."

Scary episodes of Doctor Who are so creepy and awesome

message 22: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I think we all have things that we are afraid of, and then to see them on the screen makes them scarier. For example I've never had a problem with clowns, and was actually disappointed in the movie version of It>. But I have this thing about dolls and ventriloquist's dummies.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh man, I'm scared of snakes *shudders*

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 182 comments Don't watch Snakedance, as the title says..it's got snakes.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I will, just cause its Doctor Who! I will face my fears for my doctor *blushes*

message 26: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 45 comments When the Silence first appeared they were cool, and scary :D

message 27: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) The Silence were scary in the episode where they are in the glass tanks and you see one put his hand on the side of the tank and it cracks. (I am sorry I can't remember the titles of episodes to which I refer.) And I didn't like the eye-patches in general. They always look like bad guys wearing them.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen B wrote: "The Silence were scary in the episode where they are in the glass tanks and you see one put his hand on the side of the tank and it cracks. (I am sorry I can't remember the titles of episodes to w..."

Oh I have to see that episode! I'm just randomly watching episodes

message 29: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments The scariest for me is .... argh I forgit the tittle!! It was when Nine and Rose first met Captain Jack.

message 30: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 45 comments The Empty Child?

message 31: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) "Are you my mummie?"

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

*shudders* scary

message 33: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) One of the things I love about Doctor Who is when something shows up or is mentioned in a later episode. Twice now I've heard them mention "Are you my mummie?" If I am not mistaken I think the question was asked in The Day of the Doctor

message 34: by Sylvian (last edited Dec 15, 2013 02:44PM) (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 45 comments and quoted in Sontaran Stratagem :P

message 35: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) yes that is the one I think I was thinking of.

message 36: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 45 comments I think from what I can remember. Of the reboot.

Dalek
The Empty Child
Midnight
Blink
The Impossible Astronaut have been the scariest.

I'd also include Love & Monster, but that caused more psychological damage than a cheap thrill.

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 182 comments I'm not sure if they're in order, I have to rewatch them all to know what order, but these were scary.

1) Silence in the Library, when the Doctor says "it's what in the dark, what's always in the dark. It's Vastra Nereda(sp?)" and then that creepy music. Scary, and the skeletons and screams.

2) Midnight, those knocks and the copy cat game.

3) Snakedance was scary, red eyes, and possessed Tegan.

4) the Empty Child, gas mask zombies chasing everyone, do I need to say any more?

5) Blink, lights flash, teeth baring angels. Sally blinks, angels aren't there anymore.

message 38: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Also with Blink, never finding out what it was or anything about it. I felt the Doctor's curiosity about the "being" as well as fear of it.

In Silence in the Library the constant "Who turned out the lights?" was creepy to me in the way "Are you my mummy?" was.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen B wrote: "Also with Blink, never finding out what it was or anything about it. I felt the Doctor's curiosity about the "being" as well as fear of it.

In Silence in the Library the constant "Who turned out t..."

I saw Silence in the Library last night...ugh...creepy

message 40: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Ooops I made a mistake in an earlier post I meant to write with Midnight NOT Blink.

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) Blink was a pretty creepy episode, as was the one where they get trapped in that dollhouse with the creepy wooden dolls.

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 182 comments Oh yeah! Then Amy...that was creepy.

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) Planet of the Ood

message 44: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 45 comments The one where the bloke gets eaten by the giant brain?

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) Sylvian wrote: "The one where the bloke gets eaten by the giant brain?"

yes, and the other guy got turned into an Ood by his Ood servant.

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 182 comments That part is so disgusting.

message 47: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 45 comments Yeah that was pretty messed up. Though I must say, Peter Kay in a thong... *shudders*

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 182 comments Is that the actor?

I always leave the room at the part, or mute it and not look.

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) For me it's like a car wreck... I just can't look away.

message 50: by Sylvian (last edited Dec 19, 2013 04:19PM) (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 45 comments Tim Mcinnery was the Ood guy. This was Peter Kay

Peter Kay in a Thong

« previous 1