Children's Book Authors/Illustrators discussion

Another Promoting Source for YA/Children's

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R. (new)

R. (rholland) | 4 comments YA/Children's Authors: Go to www.oure-books.com and have your book added to their shelves for FREE! Fill out the Author Order Form and put in Promo Code: Goodreads. They will help promote your book to young readers and your target audience. You will have to create a ten question quiz for your book, but they will do the rest!

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Unsworth (mamahathaway) | 35 comments This looks like a nice site, Rolanda, very colourful and a great idea. Do you have any books featured there?

message 3: by R. (new)

R. (rholland) | 4 comments Thanks Wendy. They are still adding books for free to give readers a bigger selection. Surprisingly, Young adult is not being added as much, which is still a shocker. That's the genre I see the most posted for authors wanting reviews. It's just like adding your book to any other blog or site, but it's for readers ages 3-17. They get to return to take a quiz over your book. My books are not for children so I can't add my books, but I still think it's a great way to help authors promote to young readers and get readers to enhance their reading skills. The readers can win prizes and they're working on other educational aspects of it. But once the book is there, it's there unless the author wants it removed for any reason. As far as featured books, the books on the front page are the featured books and the readers receive extra points for reading those books. I've told them they should post the prizes on the site instead of sending it in an e-newsletter. That would help authors and others see what prizes are being offered. It's very new, but as it grows, I truly believe it will help authors get their books out there to the intended readers. Also, I'll be the one adding lesson plans and other educational resources for teachers to use in the classroom. Being a classroom teacher, I know how teachers are willing to purchase a class set of books that already come with lesson plans. I'm just waiting for the go ahead. From what I hear, it will late spring. Take care Wendy!

message 4: by Kami (new)

Kami | 3 comments how do u like this beautiful zoo book:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/learn...

:):)

message 5: by ALM (new)

ALM Molaison | 18 comments Next Generation Books--Kids is preparing to go to market with its package of eBooks for school libraries and public libraries.

It does not sell individual eBooks.

Are you an author of books for children ages 6--12? Do you have a book that you give away for free on Kindle, Smashwords, Goodreads, or some other site? Would you like your free book and name in the Kindergarten/8th Grade market?

As we do our marketing preparations, we could include another 15 authors in the initial offering.

If you are willing to swap your free book for the exposure into this market by inclusion in our package, write me for additional details. (almolaison@yahoo.com)

http://ngbkids.com

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 58 comments Dear writer,
There are several promotions you can participate in. Come to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Publis... and participate. Please read the instructions carefully so the site will remain organized. As these fill up, more promotions will be started. Be sure to check out the Mother's Day promo.
Bonnie Ferrante

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 58 comments R. wrote: "Thanks Wendy. They are still adding books for free to give readers a bigger selection. Surprisingly, Young adult is not being added as much, which is still a shocker. That's the genre I see the mos..."

I took a loo and I really don't understand. It isn't clear what they do.