The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New member/new ebook author

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally (new)

Sally Ember (sallyemberedd) New author and avid reader! "This Changes Everything," Volume I, "The Spanners Series," is my first sci-fi/romance ebook, and it's via Smashwords. 4- & 5-star reviews here on GR! Now in pre-orders on nook, Kobo, and iBooks @$1.99 (50% off) through 12/18. Release to Amazon and all retailers 12/19 @$3.99. Book club members on GR: I'll send you a FREE Smashwords coupon for it to use after 12/18! Thanks, fellow readers/GR users!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10018 comments Mod
Sally, Our newbie thread is for introductions. we'd love to get to know about you. You are more than your book!

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally Ember (sallyemberedd) yes, and my bio is on my author's page! Thanks!

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Valiquette (purplemoonpublishing) Hi, I'm Steve Valiquette and I've just started a publishing company called Purple Moon Publishing with my first book being my wife's first book.Karen Valiquette Soul Journaling - Lessons from the Past

I have to say that although it has been challenging, I am enjoying this venture so much. Reading is such a passion and exciting passionate readers with new books - well, THAT'S exciting!

I would appreciate any advice one might offer as to proper etiquette in promoting a book here on GR. The last thing i want to do is offend or annoy.

Also, I myself am an author (soon to be published) and an intuitive. If you have any questions along those lines or about my wife's book, I'd be happy to answer.

Thanks!

--SV

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Sally and Steve,

Maybe I wasn't clear? This is not the place to be promoting your books. The purpose of any comment or thread you create here should not be to drive traffic to your website.

The purpose of the newbies folder is to take a moment to tell us about you and why you joined the group.

Please take some time to get to the know the rules and guidelines of the group and message me with any questions you might have.

THanks.

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally Ember (sallyemberedd) Lori wrote: "Sally and Steve,

Maybe I wasn't clear? This is not the place to be promoting your books. The purpose of any comment or thread you create here should not be to drive traffic to your website.

The..."

Hi, Lori,

I joined the group to let book club members know I am an author who also reads avidly and this author is offering her book free to club members. What's wrong with that? My bio is on my author's page; no point repeating it here.

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Nov 16, 2013 09:08AM) (new)

Bio's are impersonal, that is not what we are aiming for with our newbie section introductions.

Please refer to the group guidelines, Sally. That should help clarify things for you. Let's not continue to rehash it here, though. Please message me if you still have questions.

message 8: by Steve (new)

Steve Valiquette (purplemoonpublishing) Sorry Lori, I was trying to tell a bit about myself and what I'm doing. I did see the rules and was trying to be respectful. I'll certainly be more careful as to what i say in the future. Thanks for the feedback!

message 9: by Sally (new)

Sally Ember (sallyemberedd) Honestly, I do not see the distinction and your attitude, Lori, is small-minded and unfriendly. Have fun with YOUR group. I'm out.

message 10: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Nov 17, 2013 12:03PM) (new)

This is probably for the best, Sally.

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Nov 17, 2013 12:34PM) (new)

Steve, thank you. We look forward to getting to know you within the group. Take you time looking around, let me know if you have any questions!

message 12: by Norene (new)

Norene Moskalski (norene_moskalski) | 1 comments Hi Everyone!
I'm a newbie (love that word; so much better than "an oldie" for us retirees). After I retired from Temple University as a professor/administrator, I've happily settled in to reading fiction again. I like the idea of having an online book club, and I hope to contribute to this book club's discussions.
Thanks for the opportunity to say "Hello!"
Norene Moskalski

message 13: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Hi Norene, welcome to the group!!!

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Hey Everyone, I'm Justin.
I am a writer, author and poet. I enjoy writing poetry and short stories and though I wouldn't consider myself much of a reader I have found a new appreciation for it since becoming an author and reading other fellow indie authors books. I am a bit of a goodreads junkie lol, wont lie! I joined this group because I was looking for a new active group to join and this one caught my eye for sure. Lori has put together a wonderful group and I look forward to contributing my thoughts and comments with all. (:

message 15: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Thanks Justin, and welcome!!

message 16: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Rhyne (thereporterandthegirl) | 5 comments Hello,

I am a new author and I just released my debut novel, The Reporter and The Girl. I live in NYC and am in my mid twenties. I'm re-exploring reading and writing, I have a blog and contribute to other blogs...

I would love to share my book for group discussion or debate or reviews. Just send me a message!

message 17: by Raven (new)

Raven Moore (RavenMoore) | 12 comments My name is Raven Moore. Hello! I'm from the currently cold state of New Jersey and my morning runs are getting harder and harder but I won't quit! I've just published "Padre!" and it doesn't mean what you think. I love to do a lot of things but mainly I love to learn new languages, write, run, and talk to people I do not know. Thus, I'm here to introduce myself and I hope we become good friends... at least virtually : )

Sincerely,
Raven Moore

message 18: by Nihar (new)

Nihar Suthar (niharsuthar) | 27 comments Hey guys! My name is Nihar and I also recently published an inspirational book titled "Win No Matter What." Currently working on a second book as well.
I'm a college student at Cornell and I love to ski, play tennis, and make music as well (I play the sax, drums, and piano).
I really like to try anything new :)

message 19: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Welcome SC, Raven, and Nihar. Nice to see new authors in the mix. Please be sure to familiarize yourselves with the group rules before posting.

I look forward to your active participation.

If you have questions, please let me know.

message 20: by Raven (new)

Raven Moore (RavenMoore) | 12 comments Great!

message 21: by Belinda (last edited Dec 10, 2013 09:11PM) (new)

Belinda Garcia (belindavasquezgarcia) | 4 comments Belinda Vasquez Garcia

Hi. I'm Belinda. This is the second time I've posted here, but I just wanted to say Happy Holidays to all!