The Black Library discussion

Vengeful Spirit (The Horus Heresy #29)
This topic is about Vengeful Spirit
Black Library > Vengeful Spirit!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments I also can't wait, though I am only on False Gods lol

Garry | 36 comments After only really seeing short glimpses of Horus in Nemesis and Fear to Tread I'm looking forward to seeing how he's developed since Isstvan. It's good to see the focus of the story coming back to him, it is called the Horus Heresy for a reason, I was beginning to think that the authors had forgot about him!

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments Though IIRC the battle that takes place in it is one of the last major battles?
I would think we are only around half way through it or so?

Chris Quinn | 20 comments There's an interesting look at Horus in Warmaster as well if you like the audiobooks. There has been a bit of a focus on Ultramar in recent books, it will be interesting to see what's been going on elsewhere.

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments Chris wrote: "There's an interesting look at Horus in Warmaster as well if you like the audiobooks. There has been a bit of a focus on Ultramar in recent books, it will be interesting to see what's been going on..."

I am glad that the focus on Ultramar is at an end.
The plot stuck there too long I think.

message 6: by Gianfranco (last edited Jan 20, 2014 03:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gianfranco Mancini | 9 comments Finally!!!

"Death to the false Emperor!"

Marc Collins (malkydel) | 1 comments Just finished this novel, and it is singularly spectacular. Lots of things from older stories get brought back in and it all works together seemlessly. A fantastically slick and well-constructed war story that really shows what the Sons are capable of.

Svend Pedersen | 3 comments I think all Graham McNeills Horus Heresy books are spot on. Cant wait to get my hands on this book

message 9: by Shawn (new)

Shawn (stk_kreations) Just refreshed the BL site and saw this is up for order now...annnddd they've already jumped the price of the collector's editions $10! Starting to wonder if the 4 pieces of art are worth it or if I should break up the uniformity and start getting the trade paperbacks.

Chris Quinn | 20 comments Ack, that price increase is annoying. :(

Naturally there's no reason for the price increase given, and now that they've taken down their social media sites, all we can do is speculate about it, which is only going to be bad for BL. *sigh*.

message 11: by Shawn (new)

Shawn (stk_kreations) The weird thing is Mechanicum was just release in hardcover and it's set at the $30 price, the same day...

Kjell (kjelken) | 11 comments Well, from what I've heard, Vengeful Spirit is a monster of a book, which might explain the increase in price...

message 13: by Dylan (last edited Apr 25, 2014 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments Chris wrote: "Ack, that price increase is annoying. :(

Naturally there's no reason for the price increase given, and now that they've taken down their social media sites, all we can do is speculate about it, wh..."

Shawn wrote: "Just refreshed the BL site and saw this is up for order now...annnddd they've already jumped the price of the collector's editions $10! Starting to wonder if the 4 pieces of art are worth it or if ..."

It is actually $10 more because the book is about 50% larger than any other HH book to day.
It is a MONSTER.

So the hardcovers aren't going up in price, it's just that this novel is fucking huge lol

message 14: by Shawn (new)

Shawn (stk_kreations) Ohhh okay awesome news!!! Thanks man!

Kjell (kjelken) | 11 comments Can't wait to get my hands on it. Just ordered it, so it's bound to arrive just in time to get in the way of studying for my exams :P

Kjell (kjelken) | 11 comments Ooooh, just got mine in the mail. Can't wait to begin reading this one!

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments I am still waiting on mine lol
Along with a bunch of other stuff from Black Library Live 2014 lol

Svend Pedersen | 3 comments I brought the audiobook online yesterday.

I just have to finish my current book (Parasite by Mira Grant) then I will start Vengeful spirit.

Kjell (kjelken) | 11 comments Just finished the book, and it was awesome. I think Graham McNeill really captures the tragedy that is Horus. Oh, and bonus! I met Graham at the Black Library event in Dublin last summer, and he promised to name a character after me in one of his future books. And you can guess at my reaction when a medicae character by the name of Kjell turns up in this book :D

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments Kjell wrote: "Just finished the book, and it was awesome. I think Graham McNeill really captures the tragedy that is Horus. Oh, and bonus! I met Graham at the Black Library event in Dublin last summer, and he pr..."

That's fucking awesome!

झ Maestitia झ Reclusiam.Net (-maestitia-) | 5 comments Little question for you fellas : Is there some mentions about the Battle of Molech in the fluff?
I mean, this battle has been invented just for Vengeful Spirit?

Chris Quinn | 20 comments Damn it I was at BL Live Dublin, maybe I should have asked him then too!

Oh well, I won a competition and got to name a character in Chris Wraight's next Space Wolves book, so that should be fun. :)

Garry | 36 comments @Maestitia. As far as I can remember Molech was originally mentioned in the game Epic Space Marine (5mm miniatures). The original fluff did mention the Knight Household Divine and that they turned to Slaanesh, it was only a couple of paragraphs tightly focused on that and said nothing at all on the wider war for the planet.

झ Maestitia झ Reclusiam.Net (-maestitia-) | 5 comments Garry wrote: "@Maestitia. As far as I can remember Molech was originally mentioned in the game Epic Space Marine (5mm miniatures). The original fluff did mention the Knight Household Divine and that they turned ..."

Thanks mate!
No mention of the Horus presence then...
Vengeful Spirit is the next book on my list.

Kjell (kjelken) | 11 comments Chris wrote: "Damn it I was at BL Live Dublin, maybe I should have asked him then too!

Oh well, I won a competition and got to name a character in Chris Wraight's next Space Wolves book, so that should be fun. :)"

Wow Chris, that's awesome, what name did you pick?

Dylan wrote: "Kjell wrote: "Just finished the book, and it was awesome. I think Graham McNeill really captures the tragedy that is Horus. Oh, and bonus! I met Graham at the Black Library event in Dublin last sum..."

I know, it's one of my greatest accomplishments in life :D I've been immortalized in this awesome work of art :D

Chris Quinn | 20 comments I went for Battle Sister Nuriyah. It basically means to illuminate, or bring light, which is pretty appropriate for a battle sister ;)

http://chriswraight.wordpress.com/201...