CGC (Christian Girls Chat) discussion

Book talk > Favorite Fictional Characters

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 9968 comments Mod
lol nice idea. shall not pick on you for not asking first XD unless u did?

Hmmmmm the family in a wrinkle in time, theres so many others i forget

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll have to get back to you on this one. :P

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments Percy Jackson married to Annabeth Chase, and all their future children xD

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

GOOD ONE! :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Anne and Gilbert's family. Now that I've thought about it. Definitely them (With the kids young, of course, like in Anne of Ingleside).

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments Cari wrote: "GOOD ONE! :D"

:D

message 7: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) Sam wrote: "Percy Jackson married to Annabeth Chase, and all their future children xD"

lol

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Umm...hard to pick a favorite, but I do still have definite nostalgia for Laura Ingalls and her family :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2013 07:17PM) (new)

Oooh, same here. Especially Charles.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hopeless-wanderer) Kat's family from Heist Society.... :P

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

The Marches from Little Women.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Cari wrote: "The Marches from Little Women."

That's a great one too. :)

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Cari wrote: "Anne and Gilbert's family. Now that I've thought about it. Definitely them (With the kids young, of course, like in Anne of Ingleside)."

I prefer the books when Anne is younger a bit more because they're so funny. :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

The first three books are the best! :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup! :)

message 16: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannagpeterson) | 129 comments The Baxters from Karen Kingsbury's Baxter drama. I LOVE that family. :P

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brianna wrote: "The Baxters from Karen Kingsbury's Baxter drama. I LOVE that family. :P"

me too...most of the girls hate Karen Kingsbury though, which is very sad. :)

message 18: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannagpeterson) | 129 comments Rachel wrote: "Brianna wrote: "The Baxters from Karen Kingsbury's Baxter drama. I LOVE that family. :P"

me too...most of the girls hate Karen Kingsbury though, which is very sad. :)"

Yeah...I love her. I read two of my younger siblings the Redemption series (had to censor out a few parts) oh my gosh...we loved it! I cried pretty much the whole book of Reunion. Such a beautiful story, but so sad! My two favorite of hers are Redemption and Return. :)

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brianna wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Brianna wrote: "The Baxters from Karen Kingsbury's Baxter drama. I LOVE that family. :P"

me too...most of the girls hate Karen Kingsbury though, which is very sad. :)"

Yeah...I lov..."

I've loved all the Baxter related series so far, and there are many other books by her I also like. I think that the book with Ashley birthing the daughter who lived minutes is one of my favorites among the favorites. :)

message 20: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Cari wrote: "Anne and Gilbert's family. Now that I've thought about it. Definitely them (With the kids young, of course, like in Anne of Ingleside)."

YESSSSSSSSSSS

message 21: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannagpeterson) | 129 comments Rachel wrote: "Brianna wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Brianna wrote: "The Baxters from Karen Kingsbury's Baxter drama. I LOVE that family. :P"

me too...most of the girls hate Karen Kingsbury though, which is very sad. :..."

Oh, my....yes. That was an awesome moment (and book). I love the part in Sunset when Luke apologizes to Reagan for everything their mistake cost her. I always tear up at that part.

message 22: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) | 1575 comments Mod
♥Caro♥ wrote: "Cari wrote: "Anne and Gilbert's family. Now that I've thought about it. Definitely them (With the kids young, of course, like in Anne of Ingleside)."

YESSSSSSSSSSS"

OMGosh yes!!!

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brianna wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Brianna wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Brianna wrote: "The Baxters from Karen Kingsbury's Baxter drama. I LOVE that family. :P"

me too...most of the girls hate Karen Kingsbury though, which..."

Yes, that's a beautifully written scene.

message 24: by Gia (new)

Gia Angelina (theatrethief) I love Philby from Disney after Dark by Ridley Pearson. Many probably haven't read it yet. It's not hugely popular like The Hunger Games or Divergent, but it's my favorite and in my opinion, it beats all of those dystopians.

message 25: by Essilie (new)

Essilie | 40 comments One of my favorite fictional characters has always been Faramir in Lord of the Rings. He's a great role model!

message 26: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

He is my favorite character from LOTR too!!!
Did you know he was Tolkien's favorite as well?

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hopeless-wanderer) Great minds think alike! :P

message 28: by Essilie (new)

Essilie | 40 comments Elizabeth wrote: "He is my favorite character from LOTR too!!!
Did you know he was Tolkien's favorite as well?"

Really? That's very interesting. He is a wonderful character and I very much like his view on war.

message 29: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

Yep, someone once asked him which of his characters he was most like/ who was his favorite character. And he said Faramir.

I was quite upset about how they changed his part in the movie. So that he tried to take the ring. They said that they did that because nobody would have been able to withstand the rings influence. But in actuality it was only those who saw the ring that succumbed to it. Faramir told Frodo not to show him the ring because he knew he would be tempted by it.

I loved the actor though, he was great!!

message 30: by Essilie (new)

Essilie | 40 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Yep, someone once asked him which of his characters he was most like/ who was his favorite character. And he said Faramir.

I was quite upset about how they changed his part in the movie. So that ..."

My thoughts exactly! Another great quote by Faramir, "I would not take it even if I found it laying by the roadside."
But you're right, David Wenham did an incredible job in the movie.

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 06, 2015 01:09PM) (new)

My favorites:

Day (from Legend)
Bluestar (from Warriors)
Cove (from my work-in-progress. What can I say? I've wanted to write this novel for over a year....)

I'll have to think of more...

message 32: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

omg okay boylist

Jonas from The Giver
Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road
All LOTR people (sam XD)
Darcy P&P
Captain Wentworth-Persuasion
Day from Legend (same raevyn same)
Gansey from Raven Boys (and Adam and Ronan. although people ship Adam and Ronan which will probably happen but no...shakes head)
Captain America.....you know movies

and other people i'm not remembering

Girls!
Anne Shirley
Clarisse McClellan
Stargirl
Blue from Raven Boys

100 other people my mind can't recall

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

♥Caro♥ wrote: "omg okay boylist

Jonas from The Giver
Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road
All LOTR people (sam XD)
Darcy P&P
Captain Wentworth-Persuasion
Day from Legend (same raevyn same)
Gansey from Raven Boys (and..."

I agree with you about Jonas from The Giver!

And I have two more:
Blake from Full Tilt
The girl from Fahrenheit 451 (I wish I could recall her name.........)

message 34: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (last edited Apr 07, 2015 02:24PM) (new)

that's clarisse mcclellan :) literally most amazing person i've ever met

the more i think about it the more F451 is becoming closer to my favorite of all time

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I should have remembered that since I'm literally reading that book now, lol.

message 36: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

are you?? for school? English 9 was the best thing in the world

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

No, just for fun (if you can call it that--it's a good book, but confusing/weird). I'll probably have to read it in school at some point, though. :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 08, 2015 01:23PM) (new)

Raevyn wrote: "No, just for fun (if you can call it that--it's a good book, but confusing/weird). I'll probably have to read it in school at some point, though. :)"
I'm farther into it now, and I take back what I implied. It's actually a much better book than I originally thought. Not something I'd read multiple times (this is my second and last time, unless I have to read it in school), but I think I like it. And I definitely understand why it's a classic.

message 39: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

It's something that's so deep but has such fricking great prose. Literally memorized parts of it

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Full Tilt (other topics)
Disney After Dark (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ridley Pearson (other topics)