Hunting Truth (Orion the Hunter, #4) Hunting Truth discussion

hunting truth by jd chase

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Cain Ok I understand a very personal lose put a delay on hunting truth. Then finally after months of hearing nothing about the delay we learn why, absolutely a very good reason for the delay but then we are told probably sometime in October not so, here it is mid November and nothing, no explanation. Why? We as devoted readers of the hunting series deserve an explanation or a release date. Please give us an update. Please.

message 2: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Cain Pam wrote: "Ok I understand a very personal lose put a delay on hunting truth. Then finally after months of hearing nothing about the delay we learn why, absolutely a very good reason for the delay but then we..."

message 3: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Cain Pam wrote: "Ok I understand a very personal lose put a delay on hunting truth. Then finally after months of hearing nothing about the delay we learn why, absolutely a very good reason for the delay but then we..."

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee She should at least tell us whether the book is going to be released or not .

message 5: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Cain Mid January. Still nothing. Why? Really wrong to treat your readers this way. I understand a loss of a loved one can be a really slow healing process and maybe you are not ready to finish the series like you thought you were. Totally understandable but an update, a response to all these posts is not only right but also expected and professional.

message 6: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Chase I am so sorry. I uploaded it to Amazon for release at the end of September - right before the inquest into my husband's death. Then my world fell apart and I withdrew from society - even my friends. I was not in contact with anyone except immediate family. I didn't know that Amazon had suspended my right to publish and so the book hadn't been published. I only found out a couple of weeks ago. It appears to be a technicality but I'm struggling to get Amazon to sort it out. Therefore, I've sent the book off to be formatted for smashwords (including for kindle) aiming for the earliest release date possible. To the best of my knowledge, the book was published and my job was done so I could focus on the living hell that my children and I were trying to come to terms with.

I'm back on an even keel now and my children are coping - just. My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/J-D-Ch... has the most up to date information, including the cover release and teasers.

I am genuinely sorry for any inconvenience. I would not have allowed that to happen if I'd known - on a professional level because I love my job and my readers - and on a personal level because I've had zero income from a book that I'd believed published!!

Hopefully it can be resolved quickly now. I can't turn back the clock but I can work my ass off in 2014 to try to make it up to you :-)

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee finally !!

message 8: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Chase It was released on Smashwords, Amazon and Barnes & Noble last week. Again, sorry for the delay whilst I was dealing with a personal tragedy.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee J.D. wrote: "It was released on Smashwords, Amazon and Barnes & Noble last week. Again, sorry for the delay whilst I was dealing with a personal tragedy."

Its alright , I'm just happy that the book is out