SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

Taliesin (The Pendragon Cycle #1)
This topic is about Taliesin
November Discussions > Nov 2013 - Taliesin by Stephen R. Lawhead

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read this book since my early 20's. I picked it up in paperback - probably at a Half-Price Books and I remember loving it enough to read the next couple books in the series even though I'm not a big one for Arthurian Fantasy. It also was the first Lawhead book I read and I've since read much that the man's written and enjoyed most of it.

I'm only at 13% in the book and I realize that I've forgotten most of it and at the same time I'm remembering it as I go. This is obvious that it's an earlier work of his, but I'm still enjoying it.

Donna (donnahr) I finished the book today. I liked it but it didn't wow me. I thought the first third was slow and I didn't get the feel of Atlantis that I was expecting. I liked Charis and Taliesin separately but their Romeo and Juliet story together didn't work for me. The chumminess of the Christian priests and pagan peoples also didn't ring true. If I didn't have so many other books staring at me I might give the second book a try but I don't feel any real compulsion to continue the series.

Alicia | 4 comments I actually read this one a few years ago. I have to agree with Donna, the first part was slow, but I think if you read it with the rest of the series, it sets it up nice. There is a good flow from that book into the other ones in the series. I would suggest moving on to the rest of them. He did a good job with the legend of King Arthur and Merlin.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I do agree about the overall series. I like how Lawhead treated Uther in the second book in the series. I haven't continued on in the series yet this time around but I do remember book 2 being my favorite in the series.....

Maggie K I am reading it and almost halfway through. I am enjoying the different voices of the characters.

Suzanne I've liked it so far, although it has taken a back seat to a couple of other books at the moment. I think I maybe read this one a long long time ago.

I'm glad some of you mentioned the rest of the series is good. I think I will continue on!