Into the Forest discussion

Beastly (Beastly, #1; Kendra Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Beastly
Retellings > Beastly-No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
A place to discuss the book without spoilers.

Melanti | 2125 comments Mod
I've gotten this checked out from the library but haven't had a chance to start it yet.

I nominated it because I kept seeing Alex Flinn's books ranked pretty highly in Listopia but I've never tried anything by her. I know this one in particular has a movie version as well.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's good!

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
I should start it in a few days.

message 4: by Melanti (last edited Nov 20, 2013 01:27PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

I started it this morning since I really ought to finish it before my loan is up.

It's kind of cheesy. I think this is meant mostly for the high school crowd. (I'm actually beginning to have suspicions that it's for the Twilight loving crowd, but I'll reserve judgement until I'm actually finished...)

Edited to add ---
I apologize in advance to those of you who end up disliking this as much as I do...

I think this is going to be kind of like Cinder -- opinions are going to vary.

Margaret mentioned my Twilight comment in another thread... I figured I ought to clarify.

The plot isn't much like Twilight from what I can tell - I just think it'll appeal to the same sort of readers who like Twilight.

(Of course, despite a few attempts, I think I only read about 75 pgs worth of that book, so my opinion is based off of what I've read about the book and movie, not on first hand experience!)

message 6: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah | 4352 comments Mod
Melanti wrote: "Margaret mentioned my Twilight comment in another thread... I figured I ought to clarify.

The plot isn't much like Twilight from what I can tell - I just think it'll appeal to the same sort of r..."

Ha ha! I actually enjoyed Twilight, but Beastly just does not appeal to me!
I must admit the trailer did not help. I have it from the library so I will still try, but after reading The Golem and the Jinni which was so good, I could not stand the idea of reading something I would not like.

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 33 comments I liked this book a lot, the author made a great story and there is also a movie similar to the book. But in my opinion I like the book better :)

Greetings bibliophiles.