Indie Book Collective discussion

Typo tolerance in ARC's - on the back cover

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 102 comments I am sending out paperback ARC's to some mainstream reviewers, in a "why not, shoot for the moon" way. I have my ARC or In Lieu of Galleys opaque stickers to cover my CreateSpace bar codes, and five copies ready to go, just a bit over four months before my (paperback) publication date -- and just saw a typo in the author bio on the back. (A word is capitalized that shouldn't be -- although it's just possible that it'll look like a stylistic choice, as it's the only word in the first line that isn't my name.)

I know ARC's are expected to have a few typos -- but with the prejudice against indie authors to contend with, is fixing a typo on the cover, albeit one that doesn't leap to the eye, worth (a) sending out the ARC's less than four months before publication or (b) pushing back the publication date?

Opinions, please!

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy Goodwin | 12 comments Me, I'd fix the typo because it would bug me, and risk the not quite 4 months. Or maybe you just send it to the reviewers who insist on the 4 months and fix it for those okay with 3 months. (I've noticed quite a few of those.)