The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Group Read Discussions > Nov/ Dec 2013 Group Read - The Invention of Murder by Judith Flanders

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5461 comments The Invention of Murder How the Victorians Revelled in Death and Detection and Created Modern Crime by Judith Flanders was nominated by Abby and is one of the two Nov/ Dec 2013 group read selections. Enjoy the discussions.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann | 151 comments Sounds great! It's now been added to my read next short stack. Congrats are in order too! Well done!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann | 151 comments Thank you for the recommendation, Abby. Again congrats on winning November/December book reader!

message 4: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Carter (MJCarter) | 2 comments Really delighted you've chosen this - think she's a terrific writer of non-fiction, brilliant at picking up the most fascinating and unlikely details. I'm v keen on the book she wrote after his -- the Victorian city, a must for anyone addicted to Victorian mystery, Dickens etc, incredibly rich in vivid detail.

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (brandiec) | 117 comments So far (and admittedly I'm only into Chapter 2), I'm finding this very dry.

message 6: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5 comments Thank you for nominatinf my choice guys! I really like this book and the details it goes into and think you will like it too.

message 7: by Daisy (last edited Dec 06, 2013 01:07PM) (new)

Daisy (bellisperennis) This is a great book. I loved this book. (Thank you Abby!) I will definitely read other books by Judith Flanders.