What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now You See Her
This topic is about Now You See Her
SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA novel: Theatre understudy who had personality disorder [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cherlynn (cherreading) (twiinklex) | 11 comments Young adult/teen book. Protagonist is a female theatre understudy at some boarding school and story is told from her POV.

SPOILER ALERT BELOW THIS POINT

We hear about how she and her crush flirt, secretly meet up, how she replaced the lead actress in the final play at end, etc etc, but turns out it was all her imagination. We're given a different version of the events mentioned and realise she has a personality disorder from all the stress.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
About what year was it published?

Cherlynn (cherreading) (twiinklex) | 11 comments I'm not sure but I read it after finding it in the library about 2 to 3 years ago.

message 5: by Angharad (new)

Angharad | 99 comments Jacquelyn Mitchard's Now You See Her has an unreliable narrator looking to become an actress.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
This plot sounds vaguely familiar, maybe because someone else posted a similar inquiry? I suggest doing a group search on "theater" (and theatre) to see what comes up.

Cherlynn (cherreading) (twiinklex) | 11 comments Angharad wrote: "Jacquelyn Mitchard's Now You See Her has an unreliable narrator looking to become an actress."

THAT'S THE ONE! THANK YOU SO MUCH!