Madam, want to talk about author Mary Stewart? discussion

The Gabriel Hounds
This topic is about The Gabriel Hounds
Buddy Reads > The Gabriel Hounds Chapters 13-16

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Discussion for chapters 13 thru 16. Please comment on anything from these chapters, but remember to hide spoilers within a spoiler tag. Please note which chapter a spoiler is from so other readers will know if it is safe to "peek" or not. You do not have to wait until reading all of the chapters to comment, but please restrict your posts to content from chapters 1 thru 16. Enjoy!

Note: I am dividing the read into 5 sections, each 4 chapters long. I may adjust as we go, so check the chapter numbers for each section! :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

End of chapter 13; I didn't see that coming. But, what exactly (view spoiler)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Middle of chapter 15, and at least (view spoiler).

Judith (judithgrace) | 322 comments I suspected (view spoiler)

Judith (judithgrace) | 322 comments Chapter 15/16
Our Christy (view spoiler)

ToniS | 18 comments OK, I'm just going to suspend my disbelief and assume it's logical to get those two types of cigarettes confused....

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

ToniS wrote: "OK, I'm just going to suspend my disbelief and assume it's logical to get those two types of cigarettes confused...."

lol. I was just about to post something to that effect, but you've put it brilliantly.

Judith (judithgrace) | 322 comments Hey people, I wouldn't have known the difference either! :)

So sad to see what happened in Lebanon today. It was so ironic that I was reading about Christy and Charles in Lebanon as the news was showing the devastation.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't seen the news, but I'll look tomorrow

I want to know why (view spoiler)

Diane Lynn | 481 comments I just finished chapter 16 so I can finally click on all the above spoilers. At this point I am finding this all very exciting. Just finished the scene where (view spoiler) Can't wait to find out what happens next!

Diane Lynn | 481 comments I should add, (view spoiler)!

message 12: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Misfit | 587 comments ToniS wrote: "OK, I'm just going to suspend my disbelief and assume it's logical to get those two types of cigarettes confused...."

Me too.

message 13: by Janetje (new) - added it

Janetje | 86 comments Chapter 13. A bit of a coincidence meeting this person isn't it?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Janetje wrote: "Chapter 13. A bit of a coincidence meeting this person isn't it?"

Rather an odd coincidence, I'd say.

message 15: by Misfit, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Misfit | 587 comments Yep.

message 16: by Hana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hana | 316 comments Haha! The comments on the cigarettes were too funny. Meawhile, this whole section gave me flashbacks to that classic film (view spoiler)

message 17: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1107 comments I've never actually seen any of it except for a few really funny clips, which looked like something from Health Class 101, circa 1967...

Bobbie | 180 comments I just finished and the one thing that I remembered was (view spoiler)

Bobbie | 180 comments Part of my message got cut off, I think, so will add it now. I did enjoy reading the book again since I have forgotten quite a bit of it. I especially appreciated the pictures that were posted, the Gabriel Hounds and the source of the Adonis River, that really helped a lot.

message 20: by Jackie (last edited Jul 09, 2019 05:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jackie | 125 comments ToniS wrote: "OK, I'm just going to suspend my disbelief and assume it's logical to get those two types of cigarettes confused...."
LOL!
once we find out (view spoiler).
I'll talk more about it when I am finished and can read and post in the spoiler thread.
this may be my favorite Mary Stewart ever!

Jackie | 125 comments it was towards the end of this section I reached the point where I couldn't stop reading.